rivaL Gaming coming to PS2 - faction? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: i dot gropped as a child
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-19, 06:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
BlueSkies
Staff Sergeant

Re: rivaL Gaming coming to PS2 - faction?

Originally Posted by Cartel View Post
What is planetside live?
PS1

But yeah, its really going to be impossible to tell how the outfits will split. Furthermore, plenty of new outfits will spring up that will be awesome. More than once over the years outfits switched sides in PS1 to even things out.

Things to keep in mind though... is that even with the vast amount of customization, the factions will retain their "flavour".

TR - high RoF, lower damage, faster
NC - Lower RoF, higher damage, tankier
VS - disco?

In the recent video from the PR day, you can hear Higby talking about how even with customizations, TR and VS will never have as high damage per shot as NC can have.

So in the end.. pick which faction fits your play style.
Old 2012-07-19, 06:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Top Sgt
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Zalmoxis View Post
Hey guys,

It would be awesome for competitive BF3 clans to come over to PS2. Rival clan members make some pretty great BF3 footage and I can't wait to see what it will be here.

See you on the battlefield!
competative BF clans have and are already making the switch.. just because a clan doesn't post here in the recruiting section doesn't mean they aren't already setup for PS2.

I know of 12+ BF2142 clans that aren't on this forum that already have things setup to play on PS2 as a group. Most of them you have to find on older BF vet sites etc.

Also this topic should be moved to keep fair with the previous of the sames types were moved.
Old 2012-07-19, 06:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
gufftroad
Corporal

Talking Re: rivaL Gaming coming to PS2 - faction?

Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
PS1

But yeah, its really going to be impossible to tell how the outfits will split. Furthermore, plenty of new outfits will spring up that will be awesome. More than once over the years outfits switched sides in PS1 to even things out.

Things to keep in mind though... is that even with the vast amount of customization, the factions will retain their "flavour".

TR - high RoF, lower damage, faster
NC - Lower RoF, higher damage, tankier
VS - disco?

In the recent video from the PR day, you can hear Higby talking about how even with customizations, TR and VS will never have as high damage per shot as NC can have.

So in the end.. pick which faction fits your play style.
disco indeed
Old 2012-07-19, 06:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Well we we can go back to the original 6 Planetside named servers. Emerald, Konried, Johari, Markov, Werner and Jackson. So if these would be available would it be helpful if outfits would state their faction, what server they may chose and what size Outfit they plan to have.
I mean I would like to know for example if The Enclave or TRx will remain TR and play on Emerald or if D2A Will play Tr on Markov or NC on Emerald. Just an Idea.

Old 2012-07-19, 06:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Cartel
Private

Moved?

Did I post in the wrong section? - sorry if i did
I didnt really see one that suited my question

all in all - I just would like to see reasonable balance of population of organized outfits

Im sure its impossible to know for certain how itll play out but i hadnt really kept up with PS1 and hoped the people who had would be able to give some insight

It might just be too soon to tell - if you can tell at all, how the chips will fall
Old 2012-07-19, 06:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
TheCaptainC
Private

Moved?

all in all - I just would like to see reasonable balance of population of organized outfits

Im sure its impossible to know for certain how itll play out but i hadnt really kept up with PS1 and hoped the people who had would be able to give some insight

It might just be too soon to tell - if you can tell at all, how the chips will fall
Its def. is too soon to tell. But i understand you haha, im super hyped for planetside 2 aswell and i just want to talk about it on the forums ;D
Old 2012-07-19, 07:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

All factions will be stacked with good outfits. Just pick a faction you are going to enjoy and have fun. This isn't something I would worry about.

Old 2012-07-19, 07:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Slide Surveyor
Corporal

Originally Posted by EnderGraff View Post
New Conglomerate is were it's at
NC hillbillies are terrible at spelling..
Old 2012-07-19, 07:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
rTekku
Sergeant

Based on your website colors, just join TR. Nice to see more BF guys coming over to PS2 as well.

Last edited by rTekku; 2012-07-19 at 07:37 PM.
Old 2012-07-19, 07:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
TechTBW
Private

According to the PS2 FB recruitment app, NC is behind the TR and VS. As to how accurately that represents the community as a whole is another discussion.
Old 2012-07-19, 07:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
SoNaR
Corporal

Misc Info

rivaL... No soup for you!
Old 2012-07-19, 07:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
FINALCUT
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Slide Surveyor View Post
NC hillbillies are terrible at spelling..
But We sure is good at shotting Ya'll in yo face. Fer sur.
Old 2012-07-19, 08:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Irish
Private

Moved?

i chose vs back in 03 for one reason.

they were the underdogs. lowest pop, getting destroyed mostly.

i feel like you guys should do the same, scope some servers scope some pops. talk to some major outfits on the LEAST represented faction. some of the older outfits should have a feel for who has been around for a while and whos up and coming. i would take some time to decide where you guys go though, because a small group of skilled players can really make a huge difference. in the name of balance i would caution flippantly choosing an empire based on your "favorite"

- also get a hold of someone at SOE to toss you guys beta keys...if you dont have them already, im sure they would give them out to you. i mean i would if i was them. then you can get your own inside track as to what you all are capable of...im not sure if it was said, but how many are you bringing?
Old 2012-07-19, 08:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Good to see you back, Weasal. Whichever Empire you guys decide to go, hopefully we'll end up on the same Server.
Old 2012-07-19, 08:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Yasuo
Private

I watch Xfactor play Alot and his playstyle seems to fit TR better, I dont know about the rest of rivaL but never the less I honestly cant picture him liking NC weapons nearly as much.

PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment