PSA: Listen Up Guys.. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma owes me a nickel, I HAVE A RIGHT TO BE HERE!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-30, 03:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: PSA: Listen Up Guys..

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
Not another thread whining abou... Oh, hi Hamma...
Hehe

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2012-07-30, 03:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Hamma,

After going through the lack of info and customer unfriendly ringer with EA/DICE over BF3 believe me I will glady wait for the PS2 beta, the SOE team has been a million times more transparent and customer aware than DICE/EA could ever hope to be in their most explosive wet dream.
Old 2012-07-30, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
IgloGlass
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Charred View Post
"shaddup all whiners game come when it come!!! xD whiner get lifes ffs ))"

My problem isn't the lack of beta, it's the lack of PR-skills from Smedley and SOE.
Oh quit it you. They have never made a single promise about anything and you should be grateful that they have been this open from the start. They've got no "lack of PR-skill", they've just been open about their work when they did not need to be and for that we should thank them.

Now I'm as sad about this as you guys are, maybe even more than a few guys because I start school again on the 9th, but we should seriously just accept that this is going to take a while and that they could've launched beta today but because they are not doing it we'll hopefully receive a better product.
Old 2012-07-30, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Luieburger
Sergeant

Breaking news!

The beta is not actually going to start "later this week". It will be delayed to next week, and then again after that.

Brace yourselves.
Old 2012-07-30, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Zulthus
Colonel

There aren't even that many ragers and whiners. Of course some people are going to be slightly upset and that's perfectly fine.

Just let people say what they have to say, as long as it isn't a rage rant or a boo hoo thread.
Old 2012-07-30, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Well said Hamma and I agree.

Old 2012-07-30, 03:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
julfo
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
I think Basti is going to lock this thread.

Brilliant
Old 2012-07-30, 03:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by VaderShake View Post
Hamma,

After going through the lack of info and customer unfriendly ringer with EA/DICE over BF3 believe me I will glady wait for the PS2 beta, the SOE team has been a million times more transparent and customer aware than DICE/EA could ever hope to be in their most explosive wet dream.
Well SOE sure couldn't have gotten any worse so there was only way for them to go.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2012-07-30, 03:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
EveningTide
Private

Here here.
Old 2012-07-30, 03:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Luieburger View Post
Breaking news!

The beta is not actually going to start "later this week". It will be delayed to next week, and then again after that.

Brace yourselves.
I actually fully expect you to be right. A one-of-a-kind undertaking like Planetside 2 will undoubtedly run into delays, and delays on top of delays. We'll all be playing someday. It's not like we are talking about Duke Nukem Forever type delays...oh shit, I just jinxed it.

Old 2012-07-30, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Masterr
Staff Sergeant

Yeah I LOL'ed when I found my thread locked and Hamma made one afterwards with the same thing in mind. Apparently me and Hamma have been reading the same posts, idk what Basti is reading. Great work

Last edited by Masterr; 2012-07-30 at 04:02 PM.
Old 2012-07-30, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
JRoD IST
Private

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
It's high time I make a thread about the recent developments. Yes beta was said to be Today or Tomorrow and it's now late this week. Yes this means that the information Smed tweeted was inaccurate.

Yes we know you aren't in beta and deserve to be.

Look guys - let's take a few steps back and look at this. You all are raging hard about beta of a game and how SOE and Smed are breaking promises. Posting dumbass images and attacking eachother over a game that every single one of us will end up playing eventually.

Step back and look at the big picture and start acting like the community I know and have had the pleasure of being a part of for the past 10 years. Quit raging in the forums and at the devs via Twitter and let them do their jobs.

Releasing an MMO is a massive undertaking, thousands of man hours, personnel from the devs all the way down to the systems and servers, networking, APIs and all sorts of fun stuff.

This shit is complicated give them a break and relax a bit.

Easy for you to say, you're in the tech test.

Last edited by JRoD IST; 2012-07-30 at 04:01 PM.
Old 2012-07-30, 04:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by JRoD IST View Post
Easy for you to say, you're in the tech test.

JK. Even if he is, I still agree.

Last edited by Sephirex; 2012-07-30 at 04:03 PM.
Old 2012-07-30, 04:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

To be clear, i saw this coming. Forgelight is a new engine, its bound to have bugs that screw plans. And theres no point to let a crapload of people in if all of them will tell you exactly what you already know: The game crashes / has terrible performance / has annoying Bugs that make it impossible to actually play / has no kittens / whatever. Should smed have said nothing about a date? Maybe, but we would have kept asking regardless, and would have raged about no reply. It propably looked good for today or tommorow at some point, but it seems something popped up that screwed the plan. Happens. Been there, done that, plenty of times. Chill, relax, enjoy the fact that you have at least one more week of your life.

Just trying to get people to use the thread thats ment to be used, rather than having a whole page full of threads about the exact same topic.

Anyway, Ray, enjoy your Ban.
Old 2012-07-30, 04:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
RSphil
Contributor
Major

well said Hamma.
i have been involved with alot of betas and a few alphas and nothing runs smooth or on time. people have to realize how lucky they are they get any info from the dev team at all.

be patient. they have things to do to make it work. and when you do get in beta please dont post stupid threads saying this is crap it dosent work or this is wrong. that is what beta's are for. we are here to break the game not play it. any problems in beta please let the dev team know by what ever means they implement.

lets make this game legendary and be proud to say we helped with that and we where here from the start.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion