What is your #1 Balance issue in PlanetSide 2? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Takes it time to aprove our quotes
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-08-31, 11:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Re: What is your #1 Balance issue in PlanetSide 2?

Its hard for me to tell since i crash every fifteen minutes.
Old 2012-08-31, 11:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Haro
Master Sergeant

Hmmm, the VS is obviously a big balance issue... Class balance could use work especially with maxes. I think the lightning needs a buff or three, as do basic machinegun level fighters. Tr pistol needs to be nerfed badly. Other than that, everything else should wait for more features to be implemented.
Old 2012-08-31, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Kerafyrm View Post
I agree maybe if more people knew about the generators it would be easier to attack but right now currently the base is what I would call a turtle base (extremely easy to defend and rack up kills) and there is no fucking point in attacking it but yet on the server im on every faction is there all fucking day long and its retarded but if you want a lot action its almost like you HAVE to go there. Oh and one more thing the console you take over that's in the middle underground that only has TWO ways in is so easy for a bunch of engineers to set up camp on both sides and then there is no way anything can get in with 6 turrets lighting up both sides. You say grenades or rockets to kill them? I say 2 medics can keep them all alive.
I agree. Also, the magrider sucks. Period.

I would like to have a meaningful fight somewhere other than zurvan. A week ago, the biodomes were rocking, now it seems like people just don't want to deal with air only assaults so they don't fight there. Common theme in PS2 right now seems to be "Tone it down to make something more defensable" and it gets abandoned. Sad truth haha.
Old 2012-08-31, 11:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Syphus
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Saxywolf View Post
Gimping of the Vanu tank.

In Planetside, most drivers would simply ignore their cannon unless there was a target of opportunity. You're much more effective as a tank if you avoid enemy fire while you let the main gunner shoot targets.

It simply doesn't make sense to be facing the enemy. While you'd be able to move toward them quickly, that effectively makes you a stationary target. Strafing never made much difference as is was slow enough and changing strafe direction was not fast enough to be able to make it at all difficult to lead you as a target, plus you couldn't see where you were going. You couldn't fit between many obstacles going sideways. You couldn't quickly turn to see where you were going and then turn back to fire at the enemy.

i.e. It was bad enough using two people for a tank that effectively had a single gun. Now the tank's main gun is in the hands of the person who can't aim it at the enemy?
The Magrider is great if you know how to use it properly. Earlier this week, I was at a fight between Feldspar Canyon Base and The Stronghold, and I destroyed 10 tanks (A combination of about 60% prowlers and 40% Lightnings), before dieing. Also, I became weapons locked from running guys over. But anyway, my point is the tank is not gimped at all, in fact the gun facing forward also means that you rarely expose your weaker armor to the enemy.

My top issue right now is probably still AA and A2A. Opening up Flares has helped a bit, but honestly sometimes there is so much A2A up there, one flare can't save me.
Old 2012-08-31, 11:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Top Sgt
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Blue Sam View Post
The current OP nature of A2A missiles, though that should be fixed quickly enough once flares are in.
Flares are in People just too cheap to buy them lol

Max's to me need a timer period.. Spammed way too much at gal's and objectives.

And TR overpowered? Are you kidding? We shoot rubber bullets most of the time. VS weapons drop you at close range dayum near instantly and NC weapons win the mid range easily.. you barely burst and if your aim is good enemy die. With TR we have to hit you 10+ times to even make a dent.
Old 2012-08-31, 11:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Kerafyrm
Private

Originally Posted by Mordicant View Post
Maxes. Bring back revive on maxes. And add either resource cost or timer.
Adding a resource cost would do nothing it would at the start of the game for example when it first comes out retail and we have so many things to spend our Auraxium on but come one year after that and we have so much unlocked guess what you spend Auraxium on resources making it extremely easy to pretty much have unlimited which it already is anyways.

MAX might need a cool down once all of them MAX users have flamethrowers and start owning us in the Bio labs with them. Personally I don't know how you would balance this cool down would be nice but I wouldn't want to limit people who only want to use a MAX suit. I think a big problem with this and people who have problems with all the MAX units are just we don't have enough weapons we can even use yet to fight against them better.

Im almost never low on resources other then the one that you use to buy Scythes with and the only reason I get low on that is because I have no flares and no A2A while so many TR and NC have A2A and A2G and shoot you down instantly.
Old 2012-08-31, 11:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Also, I lied. The biggest balance issue in the game is the Auraxium at bases. Rich get richer, vanu live in cardboard boxes.
Old 2012-08-31, 11:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Kerafyrm
Private

Originally Posted by OnexBigxHebrew View Post
Also, I lied. The biggest balance issue in the game is the Auraxium at bases. Rich get richer, vanu live in cardboard boxes.
This right here its no different then real life except it would be the other way around the guys with crazy "alien" *cough US government cough* technology would be on the top plain and simple.

Anyways NC and TR gain Auraxium much faster and easier than Vanu due just to population and being able to take over so much more content. This is a reasons why you don't see Vanu Scythes shooting rockets yet and if you do its what one guy on the entire Vanu side right compared to 5+ TR and NC with them. Personally I have not seen any Vanu Scythes with A2G or A2A yet other than in TotalBiscuit ONE video and im sure a dev gave him them.
Old 2012-08-31, 11:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Canaris
Contributor
General

One thing I'd love to see changed and this is for all three Empires is the standard 20mm gun on most vehicles that comes with all vehicles. Out of all the ones I've tested this is the weakest sister of the lot made even worse by the fact it is the standard gun.

It has many compound problems that need to be addressed.

1# - Guns don't fire centered to the cross hairs there always shooting to the right even when stationary
2# They sound like pop guns, they added in that wind up noise now and it just makes them sound sillier
3# WHERE ARE MY BULLETS GOING? This is the biggest issue with them, the rounds are so small you can't see where they are going even at night with the tracer fire in full effect. PS1 version of the 20mm is far superior in all aspects.
4# It doesn't even feel like I'm firing a heavy machine gun, it has this crazy sink plunger action for animation.

These guns need to be butched up no end.
See the heavy guns on the front of the ducks at about 2 mins in, that's a heavy machine gun

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2012-08-31, 11:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
DayOne
Captain

Reaver rocket pods and AA and A2A. VS lock on missile (A2A) just falls off at the slightest turn. Rocket pods destroy EVERYTHING. They need to have various types for various things, NOT one size fits all. AA is just weak.
Old 2012-08-31, 11:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
JMUsFinest
Private

My biggest issue thus far is zurvan. Seems that 90% of people don't even know how the generators work - I don't blame them, nothing in game to tell them - thus making even getting in to fight ridiculous.
PS2 Noob here. Can you explain to me how the generators work? This is my first post and I registered just to ask you this
Old 2012-08-31, 12:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Blue Sam
Corporal

Originally Posted by Top Sgt View Post
Flares are in People just too cheap to buy them lol
Sorry if that was less than clear, I meant "in" as in "being used in game".
Old 2012-08-31, 12:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

This matters little in the long run. First, your analogy does not work because we all live rent free on Auraxis. What you earn you keep. Second, while one empire on each server will get ahead in the arms race when the game is first released, it won't matter much in a month. Everyone who is playing is banking Auraxium and eventually we'll all get there and have nice toys. There will also be boosters for resources and you'll be able to flat buy weapons you want from Day 1.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-08-31, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Blue Sam
Corporal

Anyways NC and TR gain Auraxium much faster and easier than Vanu due just to population and being able to take over so much more content. This is a reasons why you don't see Vanu Scythes shooting rockets yet and if you do its what one guy on the entire Vanu side right compared to 5+ TR and NC with them. Personally I have not seen any Vanu Scythes with A2G or A2A yet other than in TotalBiscuit ONE video and im sure a dev gave him them.
Don't think it's got something to do with VS rockets in general being useless?

On the other hand, the VS AV max (or maybe AV max's in general, I haven't seen enough of the others to say one way or another) is beastly. Seriously, I went 8v1 against lightnings and walked out of it, despite being completely useless.

Last edited by Blue Sam; 2012-08-31 at 12:07 PM.
Old 2012-08-31, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Kitsune
Sergeant

Numbers.

If 30% of the server playing VS
45% of the server playing TR
25% of the server playing NC

TR wold have a huge advantage over the others individually at that moment. If the VS and the NC team up (not likely) they would only be 10% more populated. Bases will be easily captured. When the NC and VS players log in/wake up, their faction could probably be half gone over night.

Not in beta so I dunno if they can prevent this in any way.

Last edited by Kitsune; 2012-08-31 at 12:52 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion