Improvements to the TR's Mini Chaingun - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: No we don't hunt terrorists, that's CTU.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-10-27, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Re: Improvements to the TR's Mini Chaingun

Honestly something I would love to see with the MCG above all else is the removal of the zoom function and your RMB would begin spinning the barrels instead. This would likely cause some noise to at least alert the players around the corner to the metric ton of death that's about to come their way.
Old 2013-10-28, 08:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

The MCG is a great weapon, on par with the JH although suitable for total opposites in use. It needs nothing.

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.
Old 2013-10-28, 08:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Baptist
Private

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
The MCG is a great weapon, on par with the JH although suitable for total opposites in use. It needs nothing.
This

Last edited by Baptist; 2013-10-28 at 08:30 AM.
Old 2013-10-28, 09:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Plaqueis
Staff Sergeant

^This.

I just wish the full-auto flare-launcher we have would be even in the same ballpark but no...
Old 2013-10-28, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Falcon_br
Captain

The MCG is a good weapon, the problem is that it is just the second best machinegun we have, the NC got the best shotgun on the game and the VS got something gay.

I was doing a weapons comparison on the game, and it is hard to me to see why 80% of the TR arsenal have a practical use.

Looking for all heavy weapons on the TR arsenal:
The t9 carv is the best all around weapon, able to kill in long and close range. Since the nerf, the only big deal is that the foregrip is not optional, is essential.
The msw-r is better at close range, only, you can use it on long range with foregrip, but no point on using it over the t9 carv unless you are going inside a bio lab and there are few enemies inside where you have time to reload.
The tmg-50 is a long range weapon, worst than all long range hmg on the game, it is so bad that it is easier to kill with the t9 carv in long range then using the tmg-50, it sucks at close range, I have nearly auraxis with it, but I don´t recomend to anyone.
Rhino, t9 carv-s, bull, are just bad jokes, they are not real weapons.
The rhino doesn´t have a reflex 2x, what makes it or suffer a lot on close range engagements, unless you are using reflex 1x what will make you suffer a lot on long range engagements. It doesn´t have a compensator for long range.
The bull is the worst hmg on the game, it have a compensator, what makes useless to fire from the hip, the only bonus it got.
The t9 carv-s is worst then the t9 carv, more recoil, less dps, not one good useful attachement, with extended mags you can´t hit shit with it.

So, the only real option we got is the Mini chaingun after you got auraxis with the t9 carv, and it is worst then the t9 carv, we just use it because it is awesome to use a chaingun, too bad it is not a real chaingun.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-10-28, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Falcon_br View Post
too bad it is not a real chaingun.
I hesitate to ask - what is a real chaingun? Hint: number of barrels unimportant.
Old 2013-10-28, 03:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
I hesitate to ask - what is a real chaingun? Hint: number of barrels unimportant.
One with an ex-US Governor on the end of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLWrmlIWb_w

Last edited by Ruffdog; 2013-10-28 at 03:14 PM.
Old 2013-10-28, 04:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
AThreatToYou
Major

I like the point that is brought up here.
Old 2013-10-29, 04:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Falcon_br
Captain

Chaingun are an area of denial weapon, they got replaced on the field with heavy machine guns.
They used to be fixed emplacements or carried on wheels.
Using the first concept of it created by Richard Jordan Gatling, industrial tecnology on its maximum use in murder.

You can use the lasher as a area of denial weapon, but you can't do that with the mini chaingun.
If they included suspression on the game, maybe the chaingun would be a support weapon, but they are clear they won't.
If they decrease the precision, but make it recoil less for the first 20 shots and with low recoil after that, maybe we could use as an area of denial weapon. Like it was on planetside 1.
The problem is, with weapon that needs almost 10 shots to kill someone (with nanoweaver) and with no suspression in the game, the mini chaingun is just another machine gun on the game.
Also, they are light machine guns, maybe some of they are general propose medium machine guns, but calling those weapons heavy machinegu s that normally needs to be deployed to fire, is an insult.

Making it a real chaingun, firing from under, using mouse 2 to spin up the barrels, and having adv laser sights, would really be very welcome for us.
We really don't care we will not be able to fire for cover, if you do care about that, please, join the VS.

Last edited by Falcon_br; 2013-10-29 at 04:44 AM.
Old 2013-10-29, 05:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
GreyFrog
Master Sergeant

Wow, MCG just really isnt your weapon and I can't believe you complain about the MSW-R and Rhino. So far I've Auraxiumed the T9, MSW and MCG. The MCG was Auraxiumed in the smallest amount of time, its a room sweeper with a conc grenade and a great weapon to use when you are out numbered due to its 200 round mag (with ext). TTK with it is great when you chain headshots and its first few round when you ADS go dead straight.

I really like it .... in fact I really like most of the TR LMGs, except the TMG-50 :P
Old 2013-10-29, 06:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Chaingun are an area of denial weapon, they got replaced on the field with heavy machine guns.
They used to be fixed emplacements or carried on wheels.
Using the first concept of it created by Richard Jordan Gatling, industrial tecnology on its maximum use in murder.
That would be a Gatling gun. A chaingun is a weapon whose action is driven externally by a chain drive rather than by the gas expansion force of its cartridges. While there is frequently overlap, they are entirely different things. Gatling guns can be recoil driven, and chainguns can have one barrel. The status of RJG's original work is a curious corner case, being directly crank driven. You can thank Doom for the introduction of the confusion.

Last edited by maradine; 2013-10-29 at 06:33 PM.
Old 2013-10-30, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Falcon_br
Captain

Originally Posted by GreyFrog View Post
Wow, MCG just really isnt your weapon and I can't believe you complain about the MSW-R and Rhino. So far I've Auraxiumed the T9, MSW and MCG. The MCG was Auraxiumed in the smallest amount of time, its a room sweeper with a conc grenade and a great weapon to use when you are out numbered due to its 200 round mag (with ext). TTK with it is great when you chain headshots and its first few round when you ADS go dead straight.

I really like it .... in fact I really like most of the TR LMGs, except the TMG-50 :P
How the hell do you think I got to BR-100? Repearing tanks?
I got auraxis with the mcg on the beta server, got again when the game went live, the actual mcg is not even a shadow of I the mcg from the beta servers.
Concussion grenade is also no longer a useful tool, everyone with a BR over 50 uses a sensitivity macro, everytime I will breach a room, someone on the direct blast of the grenade kills me while I am on the move!
On day one, mcg with just one nerf and the concussion grenade without the nerf it got, it was an awesome combo to clear control points with several enemies inside, paired with adrenaline shield.
After all the nerfs, mcg+concussion+adrenaline! All nerfed! This tactic got butchered.
I remember my outfit breaching training, conclusion, hold mouse one, count one second, get in, kill everyone inside.
With the dps nerf, the fire from the hip nerf, the all around CoF nerf, receiving a weapon with a very small dps on its first second, is an insult to the mcg.

Old 2013-10-30, 04:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
GreyFrog
Master Sergeant

How the hell do you think I got to BR-100? Repearing tanks?
I got auraxis with the mcg on the beta server, got again when the game went live, the actual mcg is not even a shadow of I the mcg from the beta servers.
Concussion grenade is also no longer a useful tool, everyone with a BR over 50 uses a sensitivity macro, everytime I will breach a room, someone on the direct blast of the grenade kills me while I am on the move!
On day one, mcg with just one nerf and the concussion grenade without the nerf it got, it was an awesome combo to clear control points with several enemies inside, paired with adrenaline shield.
After all the nerfs, mcg+concussion+adrenaline! All nerfed! This tactic got butchered.
I remember my outfit breaching training, conclusion, hold mouse one, count one second, get in, kill everyone inside.
With the dps nerf, the fire from the hip nerf, the all around CoF nerf, receiving a weapon with a very small dps on its first second, is an insult to the mcg.
Yeah gunning and repairing tanks would be accurate looking at your player page. I tried to be opinion based in my original post, because thats what my thoughts on the MCG are....my opinion.

I never got to use the MCG before it got changed and I only used Resist Shield until a recent switch to adrenaline so I'm not sure what nerfs it got either. After talking with you and LessonTeacher(most MCG kills worldwide) it would appear the MCG used to be an amazing weapon, its still good, but you guys remember it as it used to be and it obviously disappointing.

I agree with the sensitivity macro issue re: concs, but the tactic of concing hitting adren shield and clearing a room with the MCG still works. My point is despite what the gun used to be, its still an effective weapon and lots of fun to use.
Old 2013-10-30, 05:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Falcon_br
Captain

Originally Posted by GreyFrog View Post
Yeah gunning and repairing tanks would be accurate looking at your player page. I tried to be opinion based in my original post, because thats what my thoughts on the MCG are....my opinion.

I never got to use the MCG before it got changed and I only used Resist Shield until a recent switch to adrenaline so I'm not sure what nerfs it got either. After talking with you and LessonTeacher(most MCG kills worldwide) it would appear the MCG used to be an amazing weapon, its still good, but you guys remember it as it used to be and it obviously disappointing.

I agree with the sensitivity macro issue re: concs, but the tactic of concing hitting adren shield and clearing a room with the MCG still works. My point is despite what the gun used to be, its still an effective weapon and lots of fun to use.
Dude, I got more kills with the MCG then any other weapon in the game, vehicles weapons included. Also 180 more kills then you. If you look right at my status you would see 70% of my kills are from infantry weapons or explosives.

The MCG is not bad, but it is not good anymore. I just can clear rooms better with the t9 carv that I can do now with the MCG after the triple MCG nerf + concussion nerf + adrenaline shield nerf.

The fact is, we need to get almost all TR weapons redone to have any pratical use in this game. I do use all weapons in the TR arsenal, and most of then there is no point in existing, since they are worst then the default weapon in almost all situations. MCG included.

Old 2013-10-30, 05:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
GreyFrog
Master Sergeant

Thats like, your opinion man. I personally find most TR weapons pretty good. TAR is a direct upgrade from the T1 Cycler and Lynx/Jag from Trac-5. I do like the T9 the best out of the LMGs so far, so I definitely agree there. The additional weapons should be side-grades that suit particular play styles so I have no expectation of them being better than the standard guns.

Incidentally 3 of your top 5 weapon kills are Prowler weapons - http://www.planetside-intel.com/char...on-performance
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion