Radar Bane for Galaxies - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Kills: 0 Suicides: 1
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Should Galaxies Be Changed to have no radar signature.
Yes 7 18.92%
No 30 81.08%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-01-13, 11:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
SlyMarbo
Sergeant

well for you Kiddies who want a null Radar Transport

Hows this for an Idea?

New Vehicle More Akin to a flying Deliverer

Crew: 1 pilot, 2 gunners, 4 passengers
Weapons Systems 4 wingmount 25mm cannons Pilot Operated, 2 20mm Rear Angeled and sidemounted recoiless chainguns, max speed 80 KPH + AB, Moderate Armor, Null Radar signiture, Average Handling.

Boom V-22 Osprey of the Future, Remove the Option for having rear door open and a huge Door gunner, Replace the Chain gun pod with wingmount cannons. Realworld Solutions adapted for your gaming Pleasure
Old 2004-01-13, 12:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

Yes, because theres no reason to have a ground vehicle if you don't have an air vehicle to make it completely obsolete.
Old 2004-01-13, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
SlyMarbo
Sergeant

of course that is the way of life
Old 2004-01-13, 12:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
SlyMarbo
Sergeant

then again you miss a key point we're talking an aircraft with armor akin to that of a reaver, Ever try flying those into anything even remotely covered in heavy AA (heavens forbid a dedicated squad of VS SAMs and Skyguards) and try to slow down for an effective drop? and if that doesn't satisfy you give the Del null radar sig and increase the speed to make it more like RL APCs. Heck increase it's amphib speed as well.
Old 2004-01-13, 12:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

The reaver has more armor then my god damned tank, so thats a useless arguement, and if you fly at ceiling nothing is going to touch you anyways. Lets just not fuck around with stupid overpowered air vehicles and add/improve ground vehicles.
Old 2004-01-13, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Professor Frink
Staff Sergeant

I think it would be a descent idea. Whenever there is a gal drop, the attackers are quickly destroyed because everyone sees em coming. Rarely is it sucessful in my experience.
Old 2004-01-13, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
SlyMarbo
Sergeant

What tank you driving a Lightning? A reaver only seams to have Higher Armor due to the fact that it is an Aircraft with good manuverability. we take away its manuverabilty and dock it speed and it is toast and don't give me that about flying ceiling as other than the Hand held gear the stuff can hit you.
Old 2004-01-13, 01:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
SlyMarbo
Sergeant

heck i got an idea add a whole slew of new "overpowered" aircraft and require a new cert for them, with prerq. aircav and Airsupport to get it, call it Adv Aeronautics
Old 2004-01-13, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Cryptica
Nawh gals have high armor, they dont need anti-radar capabilities. It would be a bit too much.
Old 2004-01-13, 01:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

Let me make this very clear, cert cost has jack shit to do with balance. The thing about aircraft, they have ALL of the advantages, there fast, they have heavy firepower, they're maneuverable and they have heavy armor, there has to be a tradeoff somwhere. and don't say tech plant, they're fast enough to fly in from off cont without much if any hastle.

Now the Galaxy fills a tactical niche, it provides air insertion capability for assault infantry, and it has extreme disadvantages to counteract this, it handles like a pig, is undergunned, hard to aqquire and draws attention. It does not fill the sunderers niche, which is assault transport and heavy fire support with it's 75s. Now, this... thing has better guns, better speed, better handling, comprable if not superior armor, superior firepower, superior transport capacity AND is stealth. It's equal or better in every respect, and has the advantage that it can also pretty much ignore most groundfire which would destroy Deliverers, such as Vanguards.
Old 2004-01-13, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Firefly
It doesn't need radar. Since the dawn of the paratrooper in modern combat, every soldier coming out of a glider, chopper or plane has had to worry about his aircraft being spotted. An aircraft that big with that sort of engine emissions has no chance in hell of ever being stealthed.
Actualy sheer size has nothing to do with it, the stealth bomber is a big fragging thing. But thats a real world example and thats not normally something i bring into planetside. I'm not saying i want the thing cloaked i'm saying I want it stealthed, so guys on the roof still see it and call out warning.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2004-01-13, 02:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Duffman
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Incompetent
Let me make this very clear, cert cost has jack shit to do with balance. The thing about aircraft, they have ALL of the advantages, there fast, they have heavy firepower, they're maneuverable and they have heavy armor, there has to be a tradeoff somwhere. and don't say tech plant, they're fast enough to fly in from off cont without much if any hastle.
DO you forget that AA maxs own adn AV maxs dont? IT is nearly impossible to fly over a NC/VS base with out getting destroyed
Old 2004-01-13, 03:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

So don't be a moron and fly over a base, fly around, when was the last time you saw someone drive through a fully defended courtyard. and the whole immune to mines thing is a nice bonus too.
Old 2004-01-13, 03:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
SlyMarbo
Sergeant

Don't make me laugh Incompetent you think the reaver has heavier or eagual armor to a Galaxy. I gave the vehicle i designed the same Handling as a Liberator and no explosive weapons what so ever. the weapons i posted were air to air only and unless you hover and shoot at something for a while near worthless. the fact your so miffed about The Armor means you don't know how to target an aircraft worth (four letter explitive)
Old 2004-01-13, 03:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

I was comparing it to the deliverer moron, and 25/20mm cannons absolutely rape armor and infantry. The galaxies guns are ineffective because it's too hard to concentrate them, but two of them firing at the same target are murder.

Last edited by Incompetent; 2004-01-13 at 03:22 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion