Black Ops? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Its addictive and its legal!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-11-14, 10:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
xSquirtle
Staff Sergeant

Re: Black Ops?

Oh god no. Black ops where a large reminder of the original BFR update, over powered and near unbeatable.
Old 2011-11-14, 10:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
krnasaur
First Lieutenant

Never understood Blackops. Never will.
Old 2011-11-15, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

If I had to guess it was put out for a Fanfaire and was part of the event for the gunship release. However, as anyone who was there for that event can testify, it kinda backfired.

BO was the only VS allowed on cont so everyone from Markov went TR or NC because the event was on Emerald. They turned off population locks and started a rabbit ball event. They had about 10 BO against probably 600 of each other empire and only later did they let the native VS in (who TKed the BOs to try to get their equipment, go VS). I still remember sitting with 10 other Scat maxes in Bastet CC when a single BO dropped on the base and ran in the doors. He died.
Old 2011-11-15, 12:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Jendo
Private

I don't care if they never get added. But all of you would not care if you were on black ops on planetside, you cant complain when your the over powered one.
Old 2011-11-15, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
DarkSkyes
Corporal

I do belive that the guys that run NS (nante systems) will form their own empire further down the line, or some kind of AI that will effect the game play.
Old 2011-11-15, 01:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Jendo View Post
I don't care if they never get added. But all of you would not care if you were on black ops on planetside, you cant complain when your the over powered one.
I wouldn't play an OP faction. I just wouldn't. There's no fun in that.
Old 2011-11-15, 04:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

I vote for Black Ops.

Though black ops should only be allowed to wear light armor suits, should have no access to ES equipment and vehicles, no health or any other unreasonable advantage and be limited to 15 people per map.

Their objective though should remain the same - to annoy all other empires. So call 'em Grief Ops instead of Black Ops and allow people to queue for Black Ops independently of admin presence. Give no merit, nor XP for being black ops and invent some guerilla backstory about lazy workers/soldiers/scientists that complained they're being pushed over their limits so they started their own war.

In short words: I vote for NOT Black Ops.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2011-11-15 at 04:28 PM.
Old 2011-11-15, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
DIE IN A FUCKING FIRE.

(no offense)
Gods bless you Firefly. You say what we're all thinking.
Old 2011-11-16, 04:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Helwyr
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Sifer2 View Post
Back when we were still theorizing about Planetside 2 I suggested they could be like Elite soldiers for your Empire this time. Like the more hours you play you earn credit towards spawning as one. And then when you do your strong but you die permanently an have to earn another life or something.
No thanks.

Bolded the worst part. Rewarding players simply for the time played or time mindlessly grinding with a raw statistical advantage over other players is hallmark of a terrible game... which also explains why so many MMOs are so horrible these days.

Black Ops was I believe an attempt by Sony to attract their Everquest player base to Planetside, and was strongly disliked by most actual players of Planetside. The whole thing was a failure, except for my fellow Vanu TKing the BOs people at the event, much love for that!

Last edited by Helwyr; 2011-11-16 at 04:51 AM.
Old 2011-11-16, 06:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Draep
Master Sergeant

I'll just say that black ops events made me log off more than once. It's developer sponsored griefing.
Old 2011-11-16, 10:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
NivexQ
Contributor
First Sergeant

Misc Info

I honestly had no problem with Black Ops, so long as it was an event, and everything was reset back to the way it was after said event. My only problem was with how the csr chose the event and where. Events always put a stop to any plans outfits or squads had with that cont, which could ruin some fun.

NivexTR - TR - 30/5 - -=The Black Sheep=-
SYNxNivexQ - NC - 26/4 - [:::::SYN:::::]
NivexVS - VS - 19/2? - SYNDICATEVS?

http://www.twitch.tv/nivexq
I don't broadcast much, but you never know
Old 2011-11-16, 10:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by NivexQ View Post
I honestly had no problem with Black Ops, so long as it was an event, and everything was reset back to the way it was after said event. My only problem was with how the csr chose the event and where. Events always put a stop to any plans outfits or squads had with that cont, which could ruin some fun.
You say you had no problem with the event, yet you have a problem with the event? Derp?

BO should die in a fire, burning as hot as the surface of the sun. And everyone who even remotly thinks about having them in PS2, everyone who liked them in PS1, and everyone involved in their creation shall also burn in that fire. But they shall not die of the heat, they shall burn and endure pain in those hellish pit of flames for all eternity. Right next to the hellish pit of flames for all BFR fans.

BURN!
Old 2011-11-16, 10:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
FastAndFree
Contributor
Major

Wow, Basti. Just wow.

For the record, I never saw a single Black Ops, ever, and I have no problem with keeping it that way.

Now NPC aliens, that's totally different and awesome! >_>

Last edited by FastAndFree; 2011-11-16 at 10:41 AM.
Old 2011-11-16, 10:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Xyntech
Brigadier General

I like the idea of NPC alien invasion events, but some people seem pretty adamantly against any form of AI in the game, be it automated turrets or AI wildlife or what have you.

As long as roaming mobs of NPC's aren't what we are typically fighting, I don't see the problem. It's not like the aliens would be meant to be smart, cunning enemies like humans, they would probably be intentionally mindless hoards.

Think of it like a MMO version of L4D or something. I think it would be fine as an occasional thing.

NPC wildlife I don't really care one way or the other about, although it could be a fun extra touch. Maybe post release in their spare time.

Automatic turrets would be good for gameplay with the right implementation.

Just my opinions though.

Last edited by Xyntech; 2011-11-16 at 11:01 AM.
Old 2011-11-16, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
FastAndFree
Contributor
Major

Roaming velociraptors. I am serious
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion