Bind to a deployed Galaxy [Not sure if this has been asked, answered or mentioned] - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hacked by Chinese! Run for your lives!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-01-31, 02:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info
Re: Bind to a deployed Galaxy [Not sure if this has been asked, answered or mentioned

Originally Posted by ShockFC View Post
Keep that shit close to the chest man.
Seriously. We're talking super high level strategy here. On a game that's still mostly secret.

This is CIA level shit.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2012-01-31, 02:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Tool
Master Sergeant

Re: Bind to a deployed Galaxy [Not sure if this has been asked, answered or mentioned

Originally Posted by Metalsheep View Post
I actually came up with the idea of returning the Phantasm as a Squad/Platoon/Outfit spawn. Its smaller, cloaked, faster with less armor and no guns. But it could act as a spawn point for outfit/squad OPs without drawing greenies who will reveal the location of your Phant. Though I'm not sure if it should also have an equipment term or not, considering you can spawn in your load out now. And during ops you don't always get to return to your spawn just to resupply.

I think it could work out well as a secondary spawn vehicle for outfits and other Spec Ops type players.
In practice few players continued using the Phantasm once the novelty wore off as the benefits of using mossies/reavers were far greater. However judging from the new class based system and cert limitations, the Phantasm could prove to be a valuable asset for the spec ops types.
Old 2012-01-31, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Graywolves
General

Originally Posted by Rbstr View Post
Seriously. We're talking super high level strategy here. On a game that's still mostly secret.

This is CIA level shit.
The Terran Republic Intelligance Organization(TRIO) is already on top of everything.

I had no idea the acronym would become Trio, awesome.

From henceforth, TR intelligence is referred to as TRIO
Old 2012-01-31, 03:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by ShockFC View Post
Keep that shit close to the chest man.
You just want to keep him close to your chest and keep that secret 70s disco party Galaxy to yourself! Admit it! D:
Old 2012-01-31, 05:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Metalsheep
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Tool View Post
In practice few players continued using the Phantasm once the novelty wore off as the benefits of using mossies/reavers were far greater. However judging from the new class based system and cert limitations, the Phantasm could prove to be a valuable asset for the spec ops types.
I love the Phantasm personally. It is the fastest aircraft in the game (at cruise, mossy and wasp have faster Afterburners, but Phant has a larger AB pool), stealthier and can drop 4 fully Rexo'd soldiers and the pilot if he drops. Its great for outfits and specops. Its got enough armor that it can even clear out Spits without making hotspots if you ram them. XD

I think it would be an excellent solution for those PS2 players who want to do Behind the lines, smaller scale special ops. Even if they totally revamp it, its cloaking ability alone makes it a huge asset to Spec Ops.
Old 2012-01-31, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Graywolves View Post
The Terran Republic Intelligance Organization(TRIO) is already on top of everything.

I had no idea the acronym would become Trio, awesome.

From henceforth, TR intelligence is referred to as TRIO
The New Conglomerate Intelligence Service (NCIS) is already teabagging your TRIO.

Old 2012-01-31, 06:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Graywolves
General

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
The New Conglomerate Intelligence Service (NCIS) is already teabagging your TRIO.
Well fuck......
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion