Am i the only one excited about the bomber? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: There is no PS fan site but PSU, and Hamma is its Admin.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Are you excited about the bomber
Hell yea 50 68.49%
no 20 27.40%
theres gonna be a bomber? 0 0%
wuts a bomber? 3 4.11%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-05-21, 02:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
SpongeBob
Private

Not really, I'm gonna be a grunt. I like to keep my legs firmly on the ground. But i figure it will be cool for some peeps

"What Pulp Fiction Character Are You?"

You don't tolerate shit. The .45 you carry in you pocket is scary, but your words are the real threat, especially when you decide to get Biblical. Try to take it easy, but maintain that edge of yours, which tends to keep people wary in your presence.

Take the What Pulp Fiction Character Are You? quiz.
Old 2003-05-21, 01:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
�io
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by scOOper
I think that putting in a bomber is the best thing for ps so far(IMHO). Nothing beats carpet bombing, as long as they don't screw up. It should be just like the Tribes2 Bomber, only the pilot has to see the 'hey, bombs will drop here!' red thingy on the ground too. (which could be fixed in T2) oh, and the TailGunner has to have that free look mode thing like the tanks, so that if the pilot makes a sharp turn, his/her aim doesn't go way off.

Sounds like you just wanna have a vehicle where you can kill everybody with little effort.

They need to make the bomber either really weak armor, really slow, or low damage. Also no tail gunner, bomber and pilot only. Anybody who actually uses the lightning knows that already the huge reaver population is an extremly dangerous threat to anything less than medium tanks no need to add a more powerful version of the reaver to make things worse.

I dunno maybe it's just me but i really don't wanna see in my chat window :
l33tb0mb3r(pic of bomber)someguy1
l33tb0mb3r(pic of bomber)someguy2
l33tb0mb3r(pic of bomber)someguy3
l33tb0mb3r(pic of bomber)someguy4
l33tb0mb3r(pic of bomber)someguy5
l33tb0mb3r(pic of bomber)someguy6
Old 2003-05-21, 01:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Chanfan
Staff Sergeant

Agree. I'm pretty worried that it will be too powerful, or get nerfed until it's workable, but just silly in concept.
Old 2003-05-21, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
�io
Lieutenant General

Well the thing they should really do is simply change the reaver from 1 man to 2 and make the ammo capacity greater. Voila! a 2 man bomber and no more l33t reaver squads of death (well ok there would still be reaver squads but less reavers )

Seriously what's the difference between the reaver and a bomber ? Not much.

This would be the best thing IMO. No need to make a 3rd useless vehicle, reavers would be a bit less popular and wouldn't overrun everything else, skeeter's might actually be used by more than 0.01% of the community.
Old 2003-05-21, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Robot
Major

What they REALLY need is a big attack battleship

Ohhhhh yeah
Old 2003-05-21, 02:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

look, i am sure that this is how it will work:

Piolit, and gunner

Gunner must drop bombs OVER its target

Has NO aa weapons, just its bombs, so easy target for skeeters

Moves at gal's speed

Thus it will be very easy to take down before it can kill things (esp by the new AA buggy)

Now, I may be wrong, but this idea system would work w/o creating an ubber bomber, and yet still be very useable on the field.

I for one am very much looking forward to seeing it in game, im just wondering how long it will take them to get it in game.
------------------------------
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
------------------------------
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-05-21, 02:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
�io
Lieutenant General

Meh, i, myself, would love to see new guns, certs, implants and ground vehicles before new aircrafts, specially a bomber.

More implants are desperatly needed IMO. Current selection = sux0rz.
Old 2003-05-21, 02:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Hellsfire123
Contributor
Captain

I think the bombers just gonna turn into a whole lot of
Old 2003-05-21, 02:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
�io
Lieutenant General

Oh you mean like the reaver?
Old 2003-05-21, 02:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
scOOper
Private

Nah, bombers wouldn't be overpowered, all they have to do is force reload after each bombing run, just give it something like 200 bombs which all drop /w one click and then it has to go back for a reload, that would take a while and also make the bomber only usefull for crippling defenses before ground troops move in. Don't think 2/3 people want to 'waste' 5 minutes of reloading because they want to kill a solo tank/buggy/soldier.
If they put in a bomber like this, I don't think it would be unbalanced even if it has high dmg and armor and if it would get something like 10+ kills and destroys a lot of equipment blabla with one run.
Ofcourse bombers could still be ganked so that a base is bombed every 30 seconds but that can happen with every vehicle

Shazbot!
Old 2003-05-21, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
TurboJesus
Private

Re: Am i the only one excited about the bomber?

Originally posted by Pyro_Man
It seems there no chat about that bomber... i really am hyped up bout it though.... Hamma if ur readin this wut do u think....
I think people are a little pre-occupied about the massive xp nerf, and some think that these new items are only there to distract us from the aforementioned nerf. Now, im not saying you should be, in fact, its good to see that someone is paying attention to something ELSE. And yes i think the bomber is a cool idea, IF it doesnt turn into a spam fest. Although its a cool mental picture of a squadron of bombers flying in to a base and leaving it a smoking wreck.
The opinions expressed above are those of God, as communicated to my Holy Telepathic goldfish Bob. Any who dare oppose me will be struck down by lightning. This will be reflected on your electric bill.
Old 2003-05-21, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
kerosene31
Staff Sergeant

As others have mentioned, the question of balance is most important. Somehow they need to make the bomber do a reasonable amount of damage, while still having a good counter-weapon to it. Of course, this is easier said than done.

Vehicles in Tribes 2 were nerfed to death because they didn't have any effective counter. The rocket launcher was easily spoofed with a flare.
Old 2003-05-21, 02:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
vawlk
Corporal

Originally posted by Happy lil' Elf
...bombers ruined Tribes 2? hahahahahaha
For me they did. Do I have to stick a giant IMO on every message now?

Bombers are skillless weapons...I don't like em.
Old 2003-05-21, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

Hate to be the one to break the news to you, but PS in general doesn't take a whole lot of skill. If i wanted a game to showcase my FPS skill i'd still be playing tribes.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see how the bomber turns out. As long as there are stiff restrictions on getting one, I think it'll be ok. Like you need to be at a dropship center or something to get a bomber.

Last edited by LesserShade; 2003-05-21 at 03:12 PM.
Old 2003-05-21, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
TurboJesus
Private

Originally posted by LesserShade
Hate to be the one to break the news to you, but PS in general doesn't take a whole lot of skill. If i wanted a game to showcase my FPS skill i'd still be playing tribes.
My god, he's right. I was wondering why i was actually good at this game.
The opinions expressed above are those of God, as communicated to my Holy Telepathic goldfish Bob. Any who dare oppose me will be struck down by lightning. This will be reflected on your electric bill.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion