Day & Night - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: PSU: SEE! I told you it is still here!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-04-28, 04:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Rbstr
The solution for Madatory Weather is simple, if the com has waether set to off, his viewing distance is automaticaly turned down to that of a pearson that has it on, when that weather comes
I think this is the case now.

I do actually notice night cycles, but they're not often and it's only at its darkest that I notice it
Old 2004-04-28, 04:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

i don't know why they can't just turn the sky black. okay it won;'t be true night, everything will be the same, but at leased it'll feel like it's night.

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-04-28, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

because then you'd have a black skybox and the rest of the world will still look like daytime (or twilight).
Old 2004-04-28, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
apachepilotpat

i support day and night all the way

Old 2004-04-28, 06:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by apachepilotpat
i support day and night all the way
Id love night battles. the only problem is infils, but Im sure they can do something thatll make them glow slightly when outside and moving.
Old 2004-04-28, 10:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
UncleDynamite
Lieutenant Colonel

Actually, I wouldn't mind if Infils were more difficult to detect at night. That seems perfectly reasonable, since you would expect for night to be a better time to be sneaking around than during the day.
Old 2004-04-29, 07:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
CorDharel
Corporal

i already have to darker my room for the game when the sun is out. So I would hate night in PS

I already saw dark places on Emerald... they sucked, I couldnt see my enemies! (and all other things)

If I would want to play at night, I would play splinter cell 2

/totallyDisagree
Old 2004-04-30, 09:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Real Mulambo
Corporal

Off you go then boy
Old 2004-04-30, 10:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

I'd wish for day and night, but since minimum requirements is basicly what half the people have in this game it would just kill them off. Infuls would finally have their specalties at night, so no harm done.

Headlights would have to be ajusted, cause if you notice its headlights are like a part of the vehicle itself so they would have to remodel every vehicle to get rid of that and add a glow at that area instead. And speaking of vehicles, the wraith would be the most seen vehicle out of all its like a freaking lighthouse.

flashlights would have to be a normal part of the body. Night Vision would have to be a implant.

Searchlights would have to implemented everywhere, very sucky job. Lights on bridges (it would seem natural).

What else is there that would have to implemented?

Originally Posted by Lartnev
because then you'd have a black skybox and the rest of the world will still look like daytime (or twilight).
Like Tribes2 for instance.

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2004-05-01, 08:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by BUGGER
Night Vision would have to be a implant.
Why? can't we just use Darklight? that semes to work well in low light situations...Maybe they should tweak it so that you can see further at night so that you can see people and vehicles more clearly, but the infli detection range will stay the same.

Don't see whty they should add a new inplant when you can tweak an existing one, to do the same thing.

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-05-01, 08:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
Why? can't we just use Darklight? that semes to work well in low light situations...Maybe they should tweak it so that you can see further at night so that you can see people and vehicles more clearly, but the infli detection range will stay the same.

Don't see whty they should add a new inplant when you can tweak an existing one, to do the same thing.
Darklight isn't like D&D Infravision or Darkvision. It's almost like "negative imaging". Like when you make photographs and they hand you the pictures, and enclosed are negative "proofs". The inverse of what you have. If you notice, when you turn on Darklight, the area surrounding you goes murky-dark. Infiltrators show up as white.

That wouldn't assist in low-light situations. It also limits range. Your field of focus is very very short. Nightvision allows you to see "almost normally" at night. Everything is green, or shades of it. Light is amplified. You can actually supposedly see objects at greater range because they emit some sort of ambient light (ie vehicle instrumentation or soldiers flashlights or reflective surfaces), the lights are visible at magnificently long ranges, to include glows, soft hues, red lights, etc.

It would take a major retool of Darklight... and we know how major retools, let alone simple patches and additions, work with this team. Further, the balancing (another problem they seem to have) of long-range night vision versus murky-up-close Infil hunting is near impossible. It would have to be a separate implant. And since we're limited to three when we generally could do with four or five already... adding another one makes it difficult to get a minimal of what you need.

Of course, reinforced armor could come equipped with a built-in night vision array. After all... all reinforced armors have a faceplate, visor, etc.
Old 2004-05-01, 08:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Like Tribes2 for instance.
I think T2 had dynamic lighting though

Changing darklight just wouldn't work, the point is the ability to detect infils at the expense of not being able to see far ahead. If you can see far ahread AND detect infils, well what's stopping people from using it all the time. I'd like to see a proper nightvision implant, I mean at least it'd be something to rival darklight as a must have implant

As for the vehicle headlights it's partly the fact that they're attached to the vehicle and partly because planetside doesn't really support dynamic lighting and hence you can make it glow all you want, but the surrounding area wont.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion