Smed on Trial Weapons - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Mmm... Beefy
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-11-09, 08:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
dethred
Private

Re: Smed on Trial Weapons

Buh buh buh.... but what about the meta game? These Devs suck!

That was sarcasm and a mockery of the bitters. How long has it been since we've seen devs that listen and do stuff like this?
Old 2012-11-09, 08:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Dagron
Captain

Very nice, definitely a step in the right direction. I just hope they don't get lazy and decide not to do a VR room just because this seems enough in their eyes.

Originally Posted by Livefire View Post
It's better then nothing but in the long run I want my cool VR shooting range/Vehicles testing course
Old 2012-11-09, 09:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Tatwi View Post
Now... SOE just needs to get on with making SWG 2, before I am too old to get any time with it!
You think it's possible? I was thinking they might have an opportunity again since I heard Lucas Arts sold the Stars Wars IP to Disney.
Old 2012-11-09, 09:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
The next step is renting weapons like Blacklight!

Christ, I'm kidding. Dont' kill me.
Or renting attachments to make them shoot straight, like Battlefield Play4Free. Ugh.

Back to the OP - excellent news this; nothing more likely to stop people spending money than selling them an untried gun that they find they don't like.
Old 2012-11-09, 04:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
xuur
Inventor of Dirt

oooh. hope it doesnt just vanish when it expires mid combat.
making mean faces at the enemy doesnt work very well.
Old 2012-11-09, 05:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
You think it's possible? I was thinking they might have an opportunity again since I heard Lucas Arts sold the Stars Wars IP to Disney.
GL sold everything to Disney, all IP, companies, merchandising rights... everything. For 4 BILLION dollars. BILLION! I'd say that GL had more business sense than his father gave him credit for when GL decided to make movies instead of manage the family business.

SOE is still working with LucasArts on Clone Wars Adventures, so I don't see any reason why they wouldn't work together on a SWG 2. Smed did say that SOE wants to get away from using other people's IP, but realistically, a great publishing/production contract will always win the day over idealism. I think if the "emergent game play" design of Everquest Next is a hit, we'll see a SWG 2 within a year or two afterwards. UO and SWG pretty much wrote the book on that style of game play.
Old 2012-11-10, 09:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
VikingKong
Sergeant

Wooo! Great news.
And if you don't throw in your buck 'o five
Who will?
Old 2012-11-13, 11:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

VR was superior.

I Can not see how anyone would think giving someone something and then taking it away in a live situation is a good idea.

It will not end well. This is about as much of a great idea as Fallen earth starting everyone at level 40, with awesome guns, only to boot them to level 1 with nothing.
Old 2012-11-13, 11:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Fear The Amish
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post
VR was superior.

I Can not see how anyone would think giving someone something and then taking it away in a live situation is a good idea.

It will not end well. This is about as much of a great idea as Fallen earth starting everyone at level 40, with awesome guns, only to boot them to level 1 with nothing.
well its awesome guys we went almost 2 pages before something like this. but honestly i like it seems like a great idea.
Old 2012-11-13, 11:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

I think that's a terrible idea to give someone something, then take it away in the live setting. But this is another issue THEY created. With the removal of sanctuaries, and the opposition to anything that worked in the original that seem pervasive in this development. They completely remove the possibility, utility and clarity of purpose of the VR area in favor of the above. Its slightly mid boggling. But completely inline with "If you are not shooting, we are failing" mentality.

Last edited by MrBloodworth; 2012-11-13 at 11:51 AM.
Old 2012-11-13, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Shogun
Contributor
General

it´s cool!

you can test the guns, and i am sure they will not vanish midfight! maybe they get a spawncounter and you can spawn 5 to 10 times with this gun equipped to test it out in combat. and if you like it, you buy it.

if you abuse this to start with better guns, you cannot test them again, when you have enough points to grab one. i wouldn´t touch the testguns until i have enough certs or cash on hand to buy one right after testing it.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-11-13, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Timealude
Captain

Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post
I think that's a terrible idea to give someone something, then take it away in the live setting. But this is another issue THEY created. With the removal of sanctuaries, and the opposition to anything that worked in the original that seem pervasive in this development. They completely remove the possibility, utility and clarity of purpose of the VR area in favor of the above. Its slightly mid boggling. But completely inline with "If you are not shooting, we are failing" mentality.

Um, didnt he just say VR is coming later? im guessing that means they are confirmed...even though you think the possibility is gone for it.
Old 2012-11-13, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Dagron
Captain

Well, they keep saying "not making any promises", which doesn't inspire much confidence. :/
Old 2012-11-13, 05:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
xuur
Inventor of Dirt

what Id love to see, maybe on the last day or two...crack everything wide open. no certs, no cost...load what you want, try what you want, customize what you want.

then unleash hell.
Old 2012-11-17, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

A PS1 shooting range that was in Sanctuary would be better.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion