I dislike the music and... - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Scratching that itch no one else would touch.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-16, 12:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
QuantumMechanic
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Re: I dislike the music and...

Wow. And here I thought that I was the only guy that turns down all sound except the music in FPS games!
Old 2012-06-16, 12:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Fylix View Post
As satirical as the post was, I think music is actually far more important in games than people think. It probably doesn't greatly affect sales, but it can really make the game more enjoyable, and at least for me can cause me to go play a game more.

I can get a tune going through my head out of nowhere and just have this urge to play the game, even if I haven't in a long time.

Just think of Mario, Zelda, Halo, and a other games that have incredibly iconic music and you may know what I mean.

Also, first post! Hi everyone!
Those are SP games, most people turn off the music in MP shooters so they can hear footsteps and voice.
Old 2012-06-16, 12:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
AvacadoEight
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Thelionheart View Post
It's satire, not trolling.
I feel so stupid now ._.

Its just hard to know anymore, with the way some people complain about everything...
Old 2012-06-16, 12:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Xeller
Corporal

Satirical or not, the music for PS1 was one of the most unique soundtracks of its time and was very memorable. That said, I am happy with the music so far in PS2. I'm just pissed that the TR got the main PS1 theme for their soundtrack :P
Old 2012-06-16, 12:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
jepaul
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Timealude View Post
No judging you but your saying if the music sounded awesome but the expolsion and gun fire sound fx sounded horrible you'd be ok with that?
For sure and I think everyone else agrees with me from the other threads. I don't know anyone that doesn't blast FPS music at full volume. I could care less about someone sneaking up on me or the aerial vehicle coming down on me. I just want great music and I can tell that the masses agree with me by the number of threads talking about music. I really don't think anything else should be talked about on these forums until the devs answer the single most important question. And that is, will the music be epic or not? Because without epic music the game cannot, and will not, succeed
Old 2012-06-16, 12:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Dagron
Captain

Music is the single most important aspect of everything in life. See, i love music so much that this is my browser's home page:

Old 2012-06-16, 12:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
jepaul
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Dagron View Post
Music is the single most important aspect of everything in life. See, i love music so much that this is my browser's home page:

Music is my LIFE!
I lol'd. or trololled?
Old 2012-06-16, 12:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
WildEagle
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by jepaul View Post
If you've seen all the other threads complaining about music you would realize that for everyone and all great gamers the music is the most important thing about and FPS. What else could possibly be more important

Don't play the game then if it's that serious. I don't understand why people are always crying about an Alpha build they haven't even played yet. Any other person that has played the first iteration of PS will happily play the second, regardless of the music.

Last edited by WildEagle; 2012-06-16 at 12:16 AM.
Old 2012-06-16, 12:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Phellix
Sergeant

I approve of this thread. Music or bust
Old 2012-06-16, 12:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Naz The Eternal
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Dagron View Post

Music is my LIFE!
Too soon... He JUST died man...

OUTFIT OFFICER
Vanu Sovereignty

Last edited by Naz The Eternal; 2012-06-16 at 12:16 AM.
Old 2012-06-16, 12:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
iburnmycd
Sergeant

Originally Posted by WildEagle View Post
Don't play the game then if it's that serious. I don't understand why people are always crying about an Alpha build they haven't even played yet. Any other person that has played the first iteration of PS will happily play the second.
Obviously you don't understand the concept of gaming then... do you think anyone remembers the gameplay of Grand Theft Auto? No! They remember the sound track. You wouldn't know that though... with your XBox experience
Old 2012-06-16, 12:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Dagron
Captain

Originally Posted by Naz The Eternal View Post
Too soon... He JUST died man...
Yet, through us, his spirit lives on.
Old 2012-06-16, 12:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
jepaul
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by WildEagle View Post
Don't play the game then if it's that serious. I don't understand why people are always crying about an Alpha build they haven't even played yet. Any other person that has played the first iteration of PS will happily play the second, regardless of the music.
I don't know though man. the music in an FPS is so important for so many people. I dont' know of any great gamer that doesn't hum the theme song to bf2 or codmw. Those sound tracks are what made those games great and I know in my heart of hearts that is what could make ps2 great also. The music must be epic and from what i can tell so far people don't think it is epic.

We must have epic music!
Old 2012-06-16, 12:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
jepaul
First Sergeant

I work out to fucking zelda man. Games may come and go but the music never dies man.
Old 2012-06-16, 12:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
WildEagle
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by iburnmycd View Post
Obviously you don't understand the concept of gaming then... do you think anyone remembers the gameplay of Grand Theft Auto? No! They remember the sound track. You wouldn't know that though... with your XBox experience
I understand that you have a strong opinion toward music in games but that has nothing to do with my casual interests in gaming. You obviously don't care about playing the game at all. You're just one of those people that has nothing to do but complain until Beta starts.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge