That loyal eh? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: In Soviet PSU, quotes submit YOU!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-06-28, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Ratstomper
Major

Re: That loyal eh?

Originally Posted by Brambo View Post
Wow, I was really in heavy doubt about which class I was going to choose, but after reading this I realize it's kind of silly to worry about that now. The way I saw the totalbiscuit videos about the game, I figured it was very much no-nonsense, where you had to get good at it fast.

But now that I've read this thread, I think i'll just hold off on any big decisions untill i've actually played a bit. Well, I'm not playing Vanu, that I know.
You'll find PS1 vets talk alot. Don't worry about it. You hit the nail on the head; Try them all out at first and you'll find a comfortable place.
Old 2012-06-29, 08:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Huntsab
Sergeant

Planetside IS A GAME. Empire loyalty is ridiculous. Play all empires, or else you are missing on 2/3s of the experience. You didn't play a 3rd of Doom or Half Life did you?
Old 2012-06-29, 08:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Huntsab View Post
Planetside IS A GAME. Empire loyalty is ridiculous. Play all empires, or else you are missing on 2/3s of the experience. You didn't play a 3rd of Doom or Half Life did you?
Well I for one see faction loyalty as having more morals than a common street whore which is how I view empire hoppers, if I wanted to experience the NC or VS in PS1 I kill them, take their stuff and use it.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2012-06-29, 11:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Ratstomper
Major

Originally Posted by Huntsab View Post
Not quite an accurate analogy. More like saying "You didn't just play as Gordon in Half Life did you? Didn't you also play the combine and destroy the world?"

And the answer to that is NO, because like the TR, the combine are oppressive douchebags and killing them is FAR more satisfying than playing as them.
Old 2012-06-30, 06:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Figment
Lieutenant General

The first time you get an all golden character at BR20 on NC... You know you picked the right empire. <3

Yes, a NC BR20 is indestructable!

Last edited by Figment; 2012-06-30 at 06:16 AM.
Old 2012-06-30, 07:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
The first time you get an all golden character at BR20 on NC... You know you picked the right empire. <3

Gold, yes he's singing about NC BR 20s

LOL, that is awesome, I couldn't stop laughing while watching that video.

Old 2012-06-30, 08:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Xaine
Major

Honestly don't worry too muh about it, pick what you like.

I could happily play any faction as my main, I just made a Vanu first and so I'm a die hard Vanu. Pretty much everyone who has played PS1 for any length of time has alts for tw other factions.
Old 2012-06-30, 09:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Karrade
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Xaine View Post
Honestly don't worry too muh about it, pick what you like.

I could happily play any faction as my main, I just made a Vanu first and so I'm a die hard Vanu. Pretty much everyone who has played PS1 for any length of time has alts for tw other factions.
It is however 1 character per server in PS2, so if you've got a preferred server, for any reason - ping/friends/timezone/regiments/challenge then by definition you'll have a more played faction anyway.

-edit

Originally Posted by Figment View Post

Gold, yes he's singing about NC BR 20s

This is also what happens to NC BR 20's when they stand tall.

Last edited by Karrade; 2012-06-30 at 09:07 AM.
Old 2012-06-30, 09:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Karrade View Post
This is also what happens to NC BR 20's when they stand tall.
Smurfs 3D 2011: Smerf Wars / Smurfs Style 3D Animation CGI Test - YouTube
I object, this is clearly a blue shirt from the Fodder Reserves program as he has no gold armour whatsoever!
Old 2012-07-13, 03:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Warrcry
Private

Back when I started in 06 I chose NC. I chose them because they were the freedom fighters, and I empathized with that. I am kind of over them. NC isn't my play style anymore, and my ideals have changed. I'm not a close quarters fighter I'm a medic, and rifle support. I also believe society needs rules on it to function correctly. So Come PS2 I will be defecting to the Terran Republic. Also I've started playing PS1 again when we got the free time.

NC are very disorganized. Guess that's what happens when a faction no longer believes in discipline or training.
Old 2012-07-13, 05:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

I originally picked Vanu on account of being kind of a technophile. As it turned out they also fit nicely with my playstyle and I made some good friends on the faction.

I'd say just go with whoever resonates with you the strongest, whether it be on account of philosophy, gameplay style, or community. Even if everything works out terribly and you decide to re-roll, it's not like you have to grind back up to play the "end game".
Old 2012-07-13, 09:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Ninjacalypse
Corporal

Originally Posted by Kitsune View Post
For me, it's either NC or Vanu, as the TR's oppression and, "We have a trained military so that makes us instantly BA" mindset doesn't sit well with me.
I'm not a PS1 vet but it sounds to me like the NC is for you...hippy.

(I'm still undecided but kinda leaning towards NC now too after doing some more research)
Old 2012-07-13, 10:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Ratstomper
Major

Originally Posted by Ninjacalypse View Post
I'm not a PS1 vet but it sounds to me like the NC is for you...hippy.

(I'm still undecided but kinda leaning towards NC now too after doing some more research)
My personal outlook is that NC are the closest to morally justifiable. That's up for debate (and I'm sure will be debated thoroughly, here and elsewhere). If you're doing it for lore reasons, well, there you have it.

As far as playstyle. I love playing sniper, so hitting hard is pretty important to me. Besides, we're the cool, rough and tumble rebels who don't take crap from noone.
Old 2012-07-14, 01:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

NC Forever.

Old 2012-07-14, 05:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Dubious
Sergeant

Vanu weapons are toys, literally

I choose TR cause of the cool black and red colors

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions