What happens when one side starts to win alot? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Sorry, no more quotes are being accepted.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-12-23, 11:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Ahemuro
Private

I wonder what will happen if everyone choses to be a NC or something and then over 50% of everyone is NC and like the rest are Vanu and Terran. That would be interesting to see what the smaller guys would do
Old 2002-12-24, 07:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Lukin
Private

If their was a weaker team, i would be join them because there is more of a challenge and i think there are quite a few ppl like me.

NOTE:

Just look at the real world, everyone falls someday(except America...)
Big Hoss
EVERYONE FALLS. The Roman Empire was the USA of its time and they still fell.
Time brings down all. Wait 12-20 million years and see if anyone is still around.

(No offense to anyone)

What is Darkness? Is it the opposite of light or the absence of it?
Old 2002-12-24, 07:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Lukin
Private

Can i change the size of my writing? its too big

What is Darkness? Is it the opposite of light or the absence of it?
Old 2002-12-24, 08:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Sputty
Banned

Hehm, I'm getting off top[ic but if the US doesn't fall(I don't think it will as our form of civilizatipon is more refined thn Roman times) it will at least not be the super power. Britain was the super power very recently and one conflict changed that. Well, anyone who reads jsut a tiny bit or history knows that everything ends.
Old 2002-12-25, 01:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Vimp
Sergeant

I'm curious why it hasn't been mentioned here about some common info. The awnsers are on this site and other sites. For one, you can't switch teams under any circumstance. You can have 4 charectors per server but they all have to be of the same empire on one server, plane and simple. Secondly it has already been made known that if one Empire starts to have a large disadvantage to the others then that Empire will be given bonuses such as a higher health limit and things of that nature so as to balance the teams out.
Old 2002-12-25, 02:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
�io
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by Vimp
For one, you can't switch teams under any circumstance.
This is news to me, since when is it impossible to switch teams? I've been told many times you can but just not every 5 mins.
Old 2002-12-25, 03:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Validuz
Gnarus Necnon
Imperiosus

Originally posted by Hamma
I think this game will bounce back and forth allot - however I highly doubt that any empire will ever be choked off to the point where they cant attack effectivly
Well, if an empire DID start to lose that bad, I'd be the first bitch to switch to rack up some BEPs =)
Old 2002-12-25, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Smoejoe37
Private

Also sputty... if i remember correctly, you could only create one character so it would stop the possibility of spying. Plus I think the real gamers would stay loyal to there side and not switch just because they are losing.
Old 2002-12-25, 10:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Flashingfish
Forbidden Leader

You can create four characters, all under the same empire, but you can switch empires, just not every 5 minutes as Dio said. Probably similar to the certs thing; a week or so.

And the losing empire gets some sort of bonus, so players on the winning sides might defect to get this bonus and it would even out.

Old 2002-12-25, 02:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
�io
Lieutenant General

Once a week is still a bit too often for my taste. I would limit it too once a month or something.
Old 2002-12-25, 02:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Flashingfish
Forbidden Leader

I agree with you there, but you probably get an option to defect any time you want in your first week or so, in case you find out your friends or whatever are another empire. If you had to wait a month I think some people would be a bit annoyed.

Also, you should have to wait a certain amount of time; put in a request for transfer So you don't get people who change straightaway because they're losing or something.

Old 2002-12-25, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
�io
Lieutenant General

Well for the first month maybe yeah so u can try out the empires and/or figure out what empire your buds are on etc. But once the game starts rolling changing every week could mean a lot of spys, you could go TR monday, figure out what bases they defend well or not, what type of defenses they usually have, their squad formations etc then next monday go back to NC and prepare to launch a tactical strike with the knowledge gained.
Old 2002-12-25, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Smoejoe37
Private

Yes... this is what I fear will harm the game. I really hope that the Devs can see this and will make it so it works.
Old 2002-12-25, 08:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
�io
Lieutenant General

Well like i said limiting it to once a month would help solve it. Or losing half your BEPs after the 1st or 2nd switch so you can't keep switching all the time but are still allowed a test run or mistake.
Old 2002-12-25, 09:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
CDaws
Second Lieutenant

Tell you what if I had friends on another empire that I didn't like I wouldn't switch just to play with them. I would get inside info on missions and battles and counter attack. You have to walk your own path even if it's a lonely one.

Last edited by CDaws; 2002-12-25 at 09:25 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion