The last 3 GUs as a whole - Im having less fun. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Your one stop shop for geeks, freaks, and squeek!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-07-15, 08:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
AThreatToYou
Major

Re: The last 3 GUs as a whole - Im having less fun.

Originally Posted by MrMak View Post

No thank you. Bases like that form a front line. Hex is chaos without a front line. Mixing lattice and Hex will just create chaos excluding the facilities.
a

CHAOS IS THE ONLY TRUE ANSWER
Old 2013-07-15, 08:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Bocheezu
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
It would make more sense to simply have the SCU blowing be the actual base cap because as it is now everytime the SCU blows it means you have to sit there in boredom waiting if you want credit for the cap.
The amount of Gal resecure attempts is incredibly low in this game compared to PS1. There was a lot of boredom during caps in PS1 as well, don't get me wrong (15 min cap times), but Gal resecures were fairly common to liven it up somewhat. Caps in this game are just useless timesinks because defenders don't care about losing an individual base; a single base has no value and base benefits are pretty useless outside of tech plant. I personally don't even give a shit about tech plants because I don't use vehicles. So every base is useless to me, and once the SCU goes, it's plenty easy to find a fight somewhere else.

No continent locks or overall purpose doesn't help the issue, either.
Old 2013-07-15, 08:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Crator
Major General

In regards to lattice issue, it's not the lattice, or hex, that is the problem really. The problem is Indar with it's plethora of outposts and towers. There's just way too many imo.
Old 2013-07-15, 09:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Badjuju
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Bocheezu View Post
The amount of Gal resecure attempts is incredibly low in this game compared to PS1. There was a lot of boredom during caps in PS1 as well, don't get me wrong (15 min cap times), but Gal resecures were fairly common to liven it up somewhat. Caps in this game are just useless timesinks because defenders don't care about losing an individual base; a single base has no value and base benefits are pretty useless outside of tech plant. I personally don't even give a shit about tech plants because I don't use vehicles. So every base is useless to me, and once the SCU goes, it's plenty easy to find a fight somewhere else.

No continent locks or overall purpose doesn't help the issue, either.
We Gal drop to resecure basses here and there after the SCU is down. They are incredibly fun fights and should be more viable with no-deployment zones.

I am with you about the value of a base though, particularly on indar which has so many outposts. Hopefully this will change down the road. They have allot of changes in store. You really have to look at the game as if it is still in beta.
Old 2013-07-15, 09:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

If your SCU is down at a big base, the base is lost. Im happy the shields drop and we can clear out a spawn room now. Beats sitting around for 10 minutes as a handful of players shoot out and try to get free kills.

If your SCU is down you need to fall back and set up defenses or counter attack. A huge issue with this game is people trying to fight after they have clearly lost.
Old 2013-07-15, 09:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by wasdie View Post
If your SCU is down at a big base, the base is lost. Im happy the shields drop and we can clear out a spawn room now. Beats sitting around for 10 minutes as a handful of players shoot out and try to get free kills.

If your SCU is down you need to fall back and set up defenses or counter attack. A huge issue with this game is people trying to fight after they have clearly lost.
I agree. I really like that they added the spawn doors go down after SCU is destroyed. Now, what they should also add is giving people XP after capture, even if you leave hex. As long as you participated in capture it shouldn't matter if you leave hex to next location. That way you can leave a smaller team to defend the capture and the rest can move on to next location.
Old 2013-07-15, 10:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
I agree. I really like that they added the spawn doors go down after SCU is destroyed. Now, what they should also add is giving people XP after capture, even if you leave hex. As long as you participated in capture it shouldn't matter if you leave hex to next location. That way you can leave a smaller team to defend the capture and the rest can move on to next location.
A also agree with you and wasdie. The SCU change was needed and actually would like to have more bases follow suit. I'm tired of the window lickers that sit in spawn rooms behind shields trying to get free kills instead of pushing out to actually try to push the enemy out. The shields are up long enough to try to defend and re-equip.

Of course if there is a zerg then pushing out is stupid.. but at least cut out the window lickers ruining base fights. If a zerg is there you need to fall back to another base and try to rally reinforcements anyway. Instead of trying to farm the noob zerglings.

And I really like Crator's idea. Giving people the option to stay and defend or press on to the next objective while allowing people to get exp for participating will help the flow not be so stagnant during capping. The only issue I see with this is that most people will want to push to the next objective because they can get exp from the new objective that has active enemies and still get exp from the last objective capping. So the only people being punished would be the people defending the cap.

Originally Posted by AThreatToYou View Post
a

CHAOS IS THE ONLY TRUE ANSWER
Also.. Warhammer is awesome. Really hope they release a 40K MMO or maybe re-visit Warhammer Online and make a proper MMORPG out of it.
Old 2013-07-15, 10:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
Also.. Warhammer is awesome. Really hope they release a 40K MMO or maybe re-visit Warhammer Online and make a proper MMORPG out of it.
I was going to play the warhammer 40k mmorpg but when it went tits up planetside 2 has been a very nice consolation prize.
Old 2013-07-15, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
I was going to play the warhammer 40k mmorpg but when it went tits up planetside 2 has been a very nice consolation prize.
a 40k MMO was announced a few weeks ago, it's due out in like 3 years. http://www.eternalcrusade.com/#
Old 2013-07-15, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by MrMak View Post
So basicaly you got all these fortified bases along a rute but you can just gal drop on the facility hack a vehicle terminal and bypass them...no thank you. Had enaugh of that in the Hex system. And im sick and tired of it.

Bases like Quartz Ridge or Howling Pass would become useless since they would be too much truble to capture for just a staging area and not stop an advance at all at the same time.

What was the point of fighting for Howling Pass in the hex system when you could just roll down the hill, get abandoned NS offices and just go on to Mao? And dont get me started on facility satelites. Their hex variant jsut helps the attackers more than anything.

No thank you. Bases like that form a front line. Hex is chaos without a front line. Mixing lattice and Hex will just create chaos excluding the facilities.

If you think the current lattice forms some sort of structured front line then you arent playing the same game as everyone else.

Its a convoluted zigzagy mess.

The way the system should probably work is that large bases and towers should be part of a latice that determines if they can be captured. Outposts and small bases should just be based on adjacency.
Old 2013-07-15, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
I play almost only infantry and I play solo more often than not. I may not be the average player, but I dont think iIm particularly anomalous.

The last 3 GU have made a lot of changes to effect the flow of battle often for seemingly good reasons but the end result for me at least is less fun.

-sundy deployment - it was fun trying to get a sundy in a good spot and holding it was fun hunting those sundies - I think we lost more than we gained here. also in some cases as infantry it just means you cant do anything now because its to easy to pick you off in no mans land.

-SCU - This change makes no sense at all - all it means is that now the fight is over once you blow the SCU, but now you have to sit at the base doing nothing and wait for the cap instead of fighting the whole time.

-lattice - I love the lattice concept - but the implantation is too granular and the result feels contrived. It makes no logical sense the way cant cap close by small bases that you naturally would just walk to and instead have to zig zag all over.

-the mew deployment zones - Im not even sure what particular causes it but it feels much more restrictive like Im trapped in one corner of the map.

There is probably more but that what comes to mind.
All together the game now feels like a bunch of contrived rules in stead of a big giant battlefield and I dont enjoy it.
I disagree with you, but it's feedback, so I'll tell you why only if you're interested.

In short - you like complete randomness on the battlefield and I think that randomness should be moderate.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2013-07-15 at 05:17 PM.
Old 2013-07-16, 05:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
I disagree with you, but it's feedback, so I'll tell you why only if you're interested.

In short - you like complete randomness on the battlefield and I think that randomness should be moderate.
I dont like complete randomness, but I like what order exists to be or at least to feel, natural.
Old 2013-07-16, 06:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Tom Peters
Master Sergeant

I used to play this game religiously every night. About 2 months ago or so, I cancelled my subscription, and I have not played it since. Coming back and seeing the latest game updates I've missed is a real depressing sight; they're NOWHERE near as big as the other ones were and there's virtually no new interesting changes that even give me the slightest amount of interest in rejoining the game.

All I want is some redesigned bases so that infantry can have places to fight amongst themselves in a well thought out network of interiors, but even with the game being out for nearly 9 months, they've done NOTHING to fix this or the nonsensical shield-spawn from hell.

Reading these latest patch notes makes me want to cry, because there's literally NOTHING that needed to be fixed in there. Just some nonsense about further restricting sunderer spawns.

This game is dead. Maybe if I give them another 12 months they'll FINALLY make some base layouts that are worth coming back to. Until then, I'll keep enjoying DotA 2 and WarThunder when I need my aerial combat fix.

Last edited by Tom Peters; 2013-07-16 at 06:15 AM.
Old 2013-07-16, 06:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
typhaon
Sergeant Major

I think the issue stems from the lack of interesting content being added.

We've seen plenty of things we can pay for... but not so many that have really made the game more fun.

People want new continents - new game systems - things to strive for other than BR100 and triple SC days to unlock mediocre cosmetics.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion