Infiltration Status - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Home of the: Why do "Home of the" quotes always get accepted?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-17, 05:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Visor
Sergeant

I never said anything about kills i just said that kills arent an obstacle for cloakers and they can be whatever they want to be if they put their mind to it.
Old 2004-02-17, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Jagd
Major

Ahh look, ma, a heart-warming ending!
Old 2004-02-17, 06:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Doop
Major

Feh, for some reason I can see cloakers really easily, even when they're crouch walking. I don't know why...but I get a lot of kills on infils without Darklight. But one of the biggest problems with infils is that Spitfires can detect them when crouchwalking. Eh?
Old 2004-02-17, 09:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Doop
Feh, for some reason I can see cloakers really easily, even when they're crouch walking. I don't know why...but I get a lot of kills on infils without Darklight. But one of the biggest problems with infils is that Spitfires can detect them when crouchwalking. Eh?
That's a serious, serious problem. I think the devs should make an item that infiltrators can carry which can disable spitfires and destroy mines from a distance. Like, say, throwing distance. So it would be a grenade. And it would jam things. A jamming grenade of sorts.
Old 2004-02-17, 09:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Visor
Sergeant

Spits see you crouch walking only when theres a motion alarm sensor around or mossy
Old 2004-02-17, 10:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

That's a serious, serious problem. I think the devs should make an item that infiltrators can carry which can disable spitfires and destroy mines from a distance. Like, say, throwing distance.
Its called a Spiker. Takes out CE in 1 shot
Old 2004-02-17, 10:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Visor
Sergeant

Spiker is good against spits then but sucks against infatry becaust they alwasy move and when they dont they snipe you back.
Old 2004-02-17, 10:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Warborn
That's a serious, serious problem. I think the devs should make an item that infiltrators can carry which can disable spitfires and destroy mines from a distance. Like, say, throwing distance. So it would be a grenade. And it would jam things. A jamming grenade of sorts.
And that is a valid response once the grenade inventory changes go in. Up until now it hasn't been a valid response. Tweaking that inventory space to allow even a single jammer was hell.
Old 2004-02-17, 11:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Ait'al
Contributor
General

I hope they become stealthy as hell! I think they should be able to hack things while extremely invisible too. They should have a decent chance to walk in crowds. That would be so damn fun. Why is everyone afraid of something being stealty anyway?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And i think this is the problem with the whole being able to take out guys as an infil. You should be able to take them out one on one as mush as you stealth protects you. But you should have to worry about a few guys, from an infils perspective. But that its better if there more stealthy than not for the health of the game. That way they can atleast walk around with other characters and have the ability to be in stride with them. They put in things to reveal them so theres no need to be afraid of them as long as there not completely cloaked all the time.

This is just my opinion from reading all this and what ive gotten about the game mechanics from conversations, and from general game designs. So dont get your panties in a bunch.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2004-02-17 at 11:38 PM.
Old 2004-02-18, 11:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

CE Infils are at their best when running into spawns and laying boomers by people in the eq terminal. You can't light them up with plasma, and you still have to be careful shooting.

As far as I see infils, they make good vultures. The only time they ever get me is when I'm wounded and trying to heal/repair. Of course, I've either always have DL or Audio on, so its even then a little difficult then.

They're only really good for taking out the complacent soldiers when it comes to killing, imo.
Old 2004-02-18, 11:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Wraithlord
Second Lieutenant

Hehe "theNOOB" I guess you never come across any good infils then, if you had you wouldnt see the movement, you would be dead
Old 2004-02-18, 12:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
TheN00b
Colonel

Wraith, I'm certainly not saying that I'm never killed by Infils, because it has happened quite a few times. But what I am saying is that in non-livefire areas (such as inside a base, albeit with enemies fighting in the courtyard rather than inside), I rarely have to worry about Infils, because the slight movement attracts by incredibly paranoid eyes usually quite quickly.
Old 2004-02-19, 02:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Did you guys ever consider that if you increase there stealthiness in normal situations and give them more breathing room, that infils in general would start finding better things to do and stop doing chaotic gen runs or whatever it is. They may suddenly all move more to the battlefields. Or atleaset to its outskirts more and act in more a more diverse way. If it was easy to move around i would personally spend alot more time being devious to vehicles and players where its more fun to see the shock on there faces when they didnt see you do something right next to them or as you jack there vehicles or basically picpocket them in wahtever way you can imagine. Id spend less time doing stuff like blowing up things continuously with explosives or trying to put out a godlike defense on my own. Those would all feel like things you would only want to do in a drastic situation.

In any game if you want a stealthy character to act more with the other players in some way in general you have to let them exist with them. And id imagine that if infiltrators were allowed ot be more like that that the game pace in general would slow down a bit and allow for some more interesting situations to exist normally.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2004-02-19 at 02:53 AM.
Old 2004-02-19, 10:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Fenrys
Major

Originally Posted by Ait'al
Did you guys ever consider that if you increase there stealthiness in normal situations and give them more breathing room, that infils in general would start finding better things to do and stop doing chaotic gen runs or whatever it is. They may suddenly all move more to the battlefields. Or atleaset to its outskirts more and act in more a more diverse way. If it was easy to move around i would personally spend alot more time being devious to vehicles and players where its more fun to see the shock on there faces when they didnt see you do something right next to them or as you jack there vehicles or basically picpocket them in wahtever way you can imagine. Id spend less time doing stuff like blowing up things continuously with explosives or trying to put out a godlike defense on my own. Those would all feel like things you would only want to do in a drastic situation.

In any game if you want a stealthy character to act more with the other players in some way in general you have to let them exist with them. And id imagine that if infiltrators were allowed ot be more like that that the game pace in general would slow down a bit and allow for some more interesting situations to exist normally.

The only problem with your idea is I have no clue wtf you just said . . .
Old 2004-02-19, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
TheN00b
Colonel

Ditto
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion