PSU: Stop...Hamma Time.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Advertisements

Old 2012-03-15, 05:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
ringring
Contributor
General

Re: Planetside-Stats.com - Any ideas anyone?

Avoid something that someone else is already doing.

e.g. psu wiki - I am imagining this as providing an overview of the continents/mechanics and so forth - itself filling in gaps of the informatthat the SoE Devs provide.

So, how about weapon stats? Effectiveness, ttk, range, accuracy, bulet drop and so on ..... someone will do this but why not you, or rather why not you present the information and you have a team of elves to collect the data?
Old 2012-03-15, 06:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Kipper
Captain

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
So, how about weapon stats? Effectiveness, ttk, range, accuracy, bulet drop and so on .....
Maybe (though this might be more 'wiki' than 'stats', unless its in the feeds) but as of right now - no feeds are available, that data isn't available.

My question was about how to take the site forward now until such time as the data APIs are released which will then decide what live stats can happen based on what the data contains.

So stuff like logins, outfit homepages etc - so that you can (hopefully) log in and add an 'outfit ID' (if its that simple) and the site can populate your outfit homepage with game stats as they happen.
Old 2012-03-15, 08:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Coreldan
Colonel

I like and support the idea of the outfit pages!

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-03-15, 10:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Kipper
Captain

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
I like and support the idea of the outfit pages!
And in the absence of stats, for now - what would an outfit page need to contain to be interesting?

Name - Logo/banner - Outfit Twitter feed - that sort of stuff? Management options?
Old 2012-03-15, 10:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Coreldan
Colonel

Yeah, options for different kind of media (pictures, videos, banner, logos, etc?). Generally speaking the more mangeable and customizable the clan, the better.

For now, you might want to allow for creating outfits that arnt of any specific faction, but naturally also allow listing one's outfit into a faction. I'd be interested in creating a page for my clan, but we havnt decided on a faction yet, which is why I havnt taken any action here on PSU for promoting the clan yet.

I also guess some ability to leave comments on a clans page (manageabily here too, the outfit should be able to turn off leaving comments if they so wish) could be a handy feature.

Also, outfit alliances would be a cool thing. Some alliances from PS1 will probably carry over. That said, perhaps Alliance pages as well where you can search alliances, rather than looking for outfits and then notice they are in an alliance.

Also the outfits should be able to be sorted through region as well (at least EU/NA at the very least, NA probably will be divided into different coasts). Naturally you cant say much about servers at this point, except probably what continent will they be on. Also remember some outfits (such as mine) will operate on several servers/both continents.

Old 2012-03-15, 11:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
DaSwede
Contributor
Corporal

Having a mobile friendly view of the stats will help with adoption as well.
Old 2012-03-15, 11:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Coreldan
Colonel

Yes, definitely. While it's probably hard to make sure some of the stuff is mobile friendly cos we don't have access to the true stats yet etc, but I would definitely work towards a mobile friendly site as well.

When I'm on my computer, I actually play. Most of the browsing I actually do on my mobile

Also about the outfit stuff ideas, I can help you test it out if needed, also about time I'd do some kind of pre-promotion for my community

Old 2012-03-15, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Akemo
Corporal

EVILPIG - check out the GDC demo part 4 5:07 to 5:46 - link

edit - Didn't mean to embed that youtube screen. Hopefully it doesn't suck resources from psu! I don't know how to have just the link as text I guess

Last edited by Akemo; 2012-03-15 at 12:10 PM.
Old 2012-03-15, 12:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Akemo View Post
edit - Didn't mean to embed that youtube screen. Hopefully it doesn't suck resources from psu! I don't know how to have just the link as text I guess
You are sucking the internet out of Hamma! NoOOOoOOoooOOooOOoo!

Old 2012-03-15, 12:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Coreldan
Colonel

While this isn't so much what can be done now, but I'd hope to see good synergy between PSU and PS2stats. Sort of like a symbiose. PSU could for example "rip" some general stats, perhaps like what faction has most territory on each server, and clicking on the pictures would take you over to ps2stats.

Likewise, PS2stats could support PSU and have the site redirect/link there in some cases.

Sort of individual sites, but with two way supporting.

Old 2012-03-16, 06:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Coreldan
Colonel

So, when can we start logging in?!

Old 2012-03-16, 06:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Kipper
Captain

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
So, when can we start logging in?!
Lemme see what my weekend is looking like
Old 2012-03-16, 06:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

Please remember that your stats page's emphasis will have as much of an influence on player mindsets of those that use it as the in game stats pages will have, and everything we argued with in the stats thread a while back, specifically regarding the emphasis on objective based stat being primary over kills or k:d, is extremely important.

By all means have absolutely everything. Just put the objective stuff front and foremost. Or better yet, go ahead and implement a Score:death just as was argued for over so many posts in the other thread.

And ignore the GDC footage, it's all subject to change afterall.

Mod: /r/gamernews
Join The Enclave: http://www.enclaveoilrig.com
Old 2012-03-16, 06:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Kipper
Captain

I have to ignore everything stats based until I know what the feeds will contain, I expect an individual or outfit page would be customizable for the individual or outfit, to a certain extent.

There will be pages for the servers/continents tho showing who owns what, who took what, when, etc etc. That should be the tactical overview and will focus on objectives.
Old 2012-03-16, 08:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Boogster
Private

Just wanted to say, great looking site.

Also, were you responsible for the original psstats? It was totally invaluable. Thanks.

PlanetSide Universe > Community > Advertisements