AGN: Squad Beacon May 4th Recording - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Planetside, lifes a bitch.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-07, 07:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Canaris
Contributor
General

Re: Squad Beacon May 4th Recording

who doesn't like EU love , also I want that cap your wearing Hamma!

another great Squad beacon show

One thing I had an opinion on was the talking about air, I think having the continents boxed in by the tight coast line OOB zones really hurts air and a flight ceiling that's to low, a cloud bank/hazy zone between the current flight ceiling and a higher version might help air battles?

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms

Last edited by Canaris; 2013-05-07 at 08:08 AM.
Old 2013-05-07, 09:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Hamma
PSU Admin

They had the PlanetSide 2 hats for sale at SOE Live, hopefully they will again this year.

Originally Posted by Captain1nsaneo View Post
The feed did seem cleaner from when I last watched. Glad to hear xsplit is working out.

I saw the mouse cursor slip onto the screen several times while Noxx was talking, not sure if that was on his end or yours.

Quick question, how's licensed xplit on recording video? I'm sniffing around for some decent recording tech since my copy of fraps failed to transfer to windows 7.
The mouse was on my end - not quite sure why I did that..

It records video fairly well. The downside I run into is my streaming rig is an i5 and I hit the wall on CPU for the entire show. I can't afford the extra for recording to disk. My MB will support an i7 so I will likely upgrade it in the near future.

Running 3x Webcams, 2x capture cards and 1x screen region capture is quite the hog on resources. I ended up downloading the flv recordings direct from twitch and then converting them for video editing.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-05-07, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Roy Awesome
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by JesNC;919512
edit: Apparently, I missed something ^^[COLOR="DimGray"
One little thing that made me wonder was how nobody asked a direct question about MBTs and dedicated crews, since it seems to be one of the latest "big things" on the forums (link)(link) - again.
Still, it was kinda answered in a roundabout way - gun stabilization and polish to existing vehicles.[/COLOR]
It wasn't asked because it's already been answered. They don't mind driver/gunner combos, but they aren't going to put them on the MBT.
Old 2013-05-07, 02:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
ThePackage
Private

I would love to see people thinking about doing MLG on the next squad beacon. Even though I'm gone for the next 3 months at least, I think some viewers are looking for some different perspectives.

Last edited by ThePackage; 2013-05-07 at 02:23 PM.
Old 2013-05-07, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
SixShooter
Captain

Great show as always. Keep up the good work.

Suprised to hear that the lattice thing will only launch on Indar first but I can't wait to see it on the live servers.

Old 2013-05-07, 03:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
GeoGnome
First Sergeant

I'll admit, this was what drove me to join these forums.

Awesome show, really informative.
Old 2013-05-07, 04:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Hamma
PSU Admin

Awesome! Welcome aboard

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-05-08, 10:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Vanir
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Roy Awesome View Post
It wasn't asked because it's already been answered. They don't mind driver/gunner combos, but they aren't going to put them on the MBT.
Actually Hibby answered this back when the game was just going live. That they will allow MBT's to have dedicated drivers.

Old 2013-05-08, 10:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
They had the PlanetSide 2 hats for sale at SOE Live, hopefully they will again this year.
Awww I'm on ressesion budget at the moment, no way I could afford to get from lil ol' Eire to good old USA for the SOE live event, plus what money I do have available I'm blowing on in game hats

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2013-05-08, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Roy Awesome
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Vanir View Post
Actually Hibby answered this back when the game was just going live. That they will allow MBT's to have dedicated drivers.
I believe they said that they were thinking about it, but recently he's shot it down many times.

maybe as another tank, but not for MBTs
Old 2013-05-08, 01:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Vanir
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Roy Awesome View Post
I believe they said that they were thinking about it, but recently he's shot it down many times.

maybe as another tank, but not for MBTs
I am pretty sure he said "We are going to" back then, but if he has recently shot down the idea, what are the sources? I do keep up to date on PS2 news and rumors, though I don't use twitter or reddit. So if it was those sources then I'll just have to take your word for it.

Old 2013-05-08, 09:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
robocpf1
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Vanir View Post
I am pretty sure he said "We are going to" back then, but if he has recently shot down the idea, what are the sources? I do keep up to date on PS2 news and rumors, though I don't use twitter or reddit. So if it was those sources then I'll just have to take your word for it.
In one of the AGN Broadcasts we discussed it with him at length, specifically a cert for the MBT to allow the gunner to have full control of the primary weapon. Part of what kept them away from that was the Magrider, as a fixed-forward gun turret, would suffer from such an arrangement, though we did discuss the option that VS simply wouldn't get that ability and would be compensated through asymmetrical balancing.

That was the last I heard of it, but I do miss things
Old 2013-05-08, 11:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by robocpf1 View Post
In one of the AGN Broadcasts we discussed it with him at length, specifically a cert for the MBT to allow the gunner to have full control of the primary weapon. Part of what kept them away from that was the Magrider, as a fixed-forward gun turret, would suffer from such an arrangement, though we did discuss the option that VS simply wouldn't get that ability and would be compensated through asymmetrical balancing.

Personally I wonder why they don't just switch your gun mounts...
It's not like you don't use the Saron as a Secondary Cannon anyways, so why shouldn't it be the basis for the VS's Main Tank Weapon?

Then again, I'm part of that uncool logical crowd that wants to take the Main Cannon away from Drivers, and I really don't know how well a Nose-mounted Basilisk would work...
Old 2013-05-09, 01:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Vanir
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by robocpf1 View Post

Higbby said it in a video kinda in responce to after TotalBiscuit did his critique of the game before launch.

Last edited by Vanir; 2013-05-09 at 01:30 AM.
Old 2013-05-30, 04:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

Red face Re: Squad Beacon May 4th Recording

It's funny in this Squad Beacon that performance optimisations was mentioned; whenever there are more than 50 people in the local area, my framerate goes from 30fps to 5fps in short order.

I have noticed a really, REALLY weird issue when playing the game on Geforce Mobile 8/9 GPUs, however. I have a few options on medium and toned down my Render Settings to 80%, but all the others (except shadows that are off) are set to high. But if you globally change the settings to Medium or Low, it becomes unaplayable. Can someone on the devteam explain to me why high settings work with older GPUs, but medium or low settings completely break the game?

Last edited by Hyncharas; 2013-05-30 at 04:56 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion