Being a bombardier should cost cert points - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma is evil admin
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-19, 11:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Because NOTHING will dish out the massive amount of firepower the bomber will provide. The bomber will "carpet" bomb a whole base, thats massive firepower.
You do not know this. You have never seen a Liberator. Youi have never seen a liberator drop a bomb. Youi have never seen a Liberator's bombs explosion. You're assuming this.

I am also one for forcing some teamwork and planning into this game.
Forcing people to spend cert point on something like being a gunner does not force teamwork. The fact that it has a gunner forces teamwork. Spending certs on something as limited as being a bombadier for an aircraft you can't fly is a bad idea. I only get so many cert points, this would be a dumb thing to spend them on in my opinion and, I would imagine, many others as well.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-06-19, 11:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

1st: There will be many counters for the bomber (buggy, aa maxs (work better vs slow big target that skeeter/reaver) )
2nd: no other vech need to have a certed gunner and this is because:
3rd: People who are bombers do not need to spend 3 hours looking for a gunner, nor do gunners need to spend 3 hours looking for a piolit. That is silly, and why none of the gunner positions require a cert, this one will be no different.
4th: It will be ballanced! Stop thinking the bomber will be the endall to things in game, I have no doubt that the devs will make it fit in the game.
------------------------------
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-06-19, 11:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
PR24
Major

Originally posted by Happy lil' Elf
You do not know this. You have never seen a Liberator. Youi have never seen a liberator drop a bomb. Youi have never seen a Liberator's bombs explosion. You're assuming this.
Well hate to burst your troll bubble but yes I do know. The Dev team has said on more the one ocasion that there WILL be carpet bombing. Unless your definition of carpter bombing is different then the rest of the world this means "a lot of destructive power."
Old 2003-06-19, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
PR24
Major

Originally posted by Happy lil' Elf
I only get so many cert points, this would be a dumb thing to spend them on in my opinion and, I would imagine, many others as well.
This is why leveling games are so bad. Everyone is SO worried about every single point they can get.
Old 2003-06-19, 11:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
beavis88
Sergeant

This is why leveling games are so bad. Everyone is SO worried about every single point they can get.
You might say something similar about MMORPGs. Everyone is so worried about teamwork and cooperation, that they'd rather cook up half-baked, inconsistent ideas to try and FORCE people to cooperate, rather than giving them good reason to do so.
Old 2003-06-19, 11:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Bad Mojo
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Re: Being a bombardier should cost cert points

Originally posted by PR24
I think there should be a cert needed to be the Bombardier to help "control" the mass number of players wanting to be the Bombardier.
This will make game flow better and force a specific role to each solidier like PS should have.

It should cost 1 - 2 cert points.

What does everyone else think?
I think that the cert requirement to FLY the bomber will help "control" the number of players who GET TO *BE* the bombardier. Nothing can "control" the number of people who WANT to be the bombardier.
Old 2003-06-19, 11:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by PR24
Well hate to burst your troll bubble but yes I do know. The Dev team has said on more the one ocasion that there WILL be carpet bombing. Unless your definition of carpter bombing is different then the rest of the world this means "a lot of destructive power."
Actually, the Devs said many many times that there will be no weapon in the game that can spam death, nor that you cant bring down with another weapon in game.
Carpet bombing is most likely going to be similar to fireing reaver rockets while crusing around (no poticular target, just light dmg to a larger* area)
*larger than current weapons dmg radius, but still not base sized dmg radius

also, carpet bombing does not always meen "a lot of destructive power." it actually means "a wide area of dmg" now your def of wide area of dmg probally comes from the idea that it will be like real life carpet bombing, this will not be the case. I assure you that this will be ballanced, and it will not be the end all of vechs in game.
Also, you must be right over your target to dmg it, unlike the reaver, etc, thus AA weapons have a much greater time to bring it down before it reachs them, also things like the skyguead will prob be able to outrun it so it will have NO chance to do dmg when 1 of them are around.

Stop worrying about this stuff, it will be fine, the devs/programers/etc are not going to ruin the game, they are going to add another level to it.
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-06-19, 12:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Deadlock
Contributor
First Lieutenant

some people seem to think that carpet bombing means that huge explostions are going to occur over a large area... the second fire mode of the rocklet could be considered carpet bombing.

no one knows the damage this thing's going to cause. also, no one knows the altitude this thing needs to be at to be effective.

say the ai bomb seperates into 5 other bombs... at max hight thats going to be usless by the time it hits the ground. ull have 5 pathetic explosions 10 miles away from each other.

im sure the bomber's been made to fit the game, have faith in the dev team for christ's sake

edit: ah well, the pointy eared guy got to this reply first... good man

Last edited by Deadlock; 2003-06-19 at 12:06 PM.
Old 2003-06-19, 12:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
PR24
Major

Originally posted by MrVulcan

also, carpet bombing does not always meen "a lot of destructive power."
If you ever saw this in Rl you would change your thinking
Old 2003-06-19, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
beavis88
Sergeant

If you ever saw this in Rl you would change your thinking
That's always a great argument for making changes to games
Old 2003-06-19, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
PR24
Major

Originally posted by beavis88
Well Carpet bombing in other games I have played has been massive and strong. T2 could whipe out a large area if done correctly.

beavis, stop trolling. If you have something worth while to say by all means do so, otherwise don't hit "reply".
Old 2003-06-19, 12:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
NoSurrender
Contributor
Colonel

well im AA NC max and lemme tell u the NC does not have a probelm taking out Air and the VS AA max is pretty annoying and can kill u.... i dunno bout TR

Thanks to Eine for my awesome sig
Old 2003-06-19, 12:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
PR24
Major

Originally posted by Pyro_Man
well im AA NC max and lemme tell u the NC does not have a probelm taking out Air and the VS AA max is pretty annoying and can kill u.... i dunno bout TR
Ours is nice too.
Old 2003-06-19, 12:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
beavis88
Sergeant

beavis, stop trolling. If you have something worth while to say by all means do so, otherwise don't hit "reply".
Obviously you don't have a grasp of the meaning of "trolling". I've replied to SPECIFIC points you've made in your posts. I've written exactly why I thought said points were bad ideas. You've responded with more mindless speculation, and declined to address my replies.

I can troll just fine, thank you very much, but I assure you, this is not trolling.
Old 2003-06-19, 01:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
PR24
Major

Originally posted by beavis88
Obviously you don't have a grasp of the meaning of "trolling". I've replied to SPECIFIC points you've made in your posts. I've written exactly why I thought said points were bad ideas. You've responded with more mindless speculation, and declined to address my replies.

I can troll just fine, thank you very much, but I assure you, this is not trolling.
^^^ This is constructive how?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion