Server Merger - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: How about I start stabbing you, you tell me when you're dead? K?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-12-02, 01:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
TeraHertz
Major

Well, I hope it will go well for you. You'll get some nice killage if it does. :-D

"Zerg comming this way from the East. No.. West. Wait, one comming from the north. ah, crap we're f***ed"
Old 2003-12-02, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
sutserikeru
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by kerosene31
Thank goodness. Hopefully Emerald will have some serious action now.
My NC char is on Emerald, there is always major action. i have yet to go 20 mins without having a CR5 announce a serious battle somewhere (and its always true)
Old 2003-12-02, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Liquidtide
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Wow so there will be fighting on proabably every continent now!!! It'll be really hard to lock 7 or 8 continents anymore.

And I finally get to play with all you Emerald boys.

I wonder how the CR5 egos will blend

Last edited by Liquidtide; 2003-12-02 at 01:16 PM.
Old 2003-12-02, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
aiwest420
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by LNS0388
About fucking time.
Old 2003-12-02, 01:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Personaly i'm very much looking foreward to this it's been a long time coming, plus i feel it's probly a good move for Sony.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-12-02, 01:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by SporkfirePS
TO account for the possibility of duplicated names on the new servers, we did a wipe of all characters taken on the 7-day trials that did not end up subscribing, which cleared up a heck of a lot of names.

Also, Customer Service is ready to assist people who have name conflicts with inactive characters. That part was not automated, since we would have had to have cleared the entire database and could irritate some people who are just taking a break. However, we are ready to help people on an individual basis during this time to get their names back from inactive characters.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-12-02, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

hahahaha SWEET!

I am very glad that one of my characters wont get axed or force me to change sides or something. Playing 3 mains in 3 different empires is the way I play this game. I like to spread the luvin and am glad to know I wont have to axe a character I worked hard on. The Emerald battles were already just fine but the Kornried battles were really thin.
Old 2003-12-02, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

I can still see spying to be a problem. Have your outfit mates make alts for the various empires. Have one guy login to the enemy you are fighting, and relay all the important information.
Old 2003-12-02, 02:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Well,

With the multi-empire account possibility, I think they should just let you play all 3... one switch per 24 hour period.

Good players will help even the population out and hopefully that can be encouraged by the exp bonus, perhaps increase that for people who recently switched?

Thoughts? Concerns?

BadAsh

P.S. I believe this merger means they are not meeting their subscription expectations. Hopefully, this will being more action and fun and help maintain the populations and in time increase interest.
Old 2003-12-02, 02:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
InfiniteStorm
Corporal

I think this will help the populations in the long run. Imagine getting the 7 day trial and logging into a sancuary full of people LFS or LFSM and you check the map for the first time and there are Hotspots everywhere on the globe. Every base you go is hard fought and huge battles. I think those people will now subscribe. As opposed to logging into an empty sanctuary and spamming LFS for 10 minutes to no avail and hitting instant action and being warped to a place where there was 1 enemy and you are capping empty bases.

Good first impressions will save this game. I can't see lag jumping that much. No more anyway than being on a locked continent. This is why there are continent locks to begin with. Now, instead there will be continent locks on 3 different continents for just your empire.

Exciting times I think
Old 2003-12-02, 02:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Hamma
PSU Admin

I agree

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-12-02, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Everay
Major General

wow, a cold feeling went down my spine when i read that, trust me, every time theres a cold feeling running down my spine, like a ghost touched me, means something awesome is about to happen
Old 2003-12-02, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Rarzo
Sergeant

WOW....wow... This is big. My poor Konried...Being bought over by the larger Emerald... Oh well! BIGGER BATTLES!!!

ROCK ON!

Not to mention my character on Jahari will actually see some action!
Old 2003-12-02, 03:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
ajohn505
Sergeant

The server mergers may bring me back to the game, if someone can answer my next question:

In the announcement, the devs mention an "enhanced infrastructure" or something. When I left (one month after launch) the large battles were bogged down badly by lag. Even 20 v 20 Tower battles were a slideshow.

How's the lag now that they've done optimizations?
"I am angry that so many of the sons of the powerful and well-placed... managed to wrangle slots in Reserve and National Guard units...Of the many tragedies of Vietnam, this raw class discrimination strikes me as the most damaging to the ideal that all Americans are created equal and owe equal allegiance to their country."

-Colin Powell�s autobiography, My American Journey, p. 148
Old 2003-12-02, 03:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
gonnagetyou
First Lieutenant

I hope no technical difficulties arise from the merge. I do think it is for the best. It saves Sony money, time and maitenance hours by getting rid of two servers and helps us out by increasing the populations.

I don't think allowing people a choice of two factions on a server is going to cause any problems. Very few people will actually change sides just because things aren't going their way that day. People should be used to the ups and downs in battle by now. Everyone knows there's no winners or losers in Planetside. Just a lot of fighting. What more do you need.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion