The Riddle of Command - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Lets run off and have some fun behind the spawn tubes.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2003-01-29, 02:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Mold
Sergeant

3.) I'd shoot him myself for treason against the republic and cowardism hehe.
Just make sure that he isnt expecting it or you might end up the one whose got to respawn!

1) ya id do it, i would just be more catious then usual.
2) id do it, then haul ass back and do it again
3)lie about the severity of the situation, then if he goes let him die, and then kick him from the squad after stealing any BEP's he might get. If he doesnt go then id kick him from the squad, fall back (since he was the only hope acording to the Q) and let him rot since he cant get into the transport.

hows that for TR evilness >:]
Old 2003-01-29, 02:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

In response to Airlift

Guy nr 2

he can always carry ammo... and hes reliable.

If the guys gun isn't pointing the way i tell him to and he dosn't follow orders whitout bitching then theres no room in my squad even if its 8 slots free.
Old 2003-01-29, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
CrazyJoker
Private

1. I do it gladly. I've done it many times before in BF42. In fact many times the only way that you can capture a base in the city maps is to throw yourself on a flag and hope you can get it neutral before you die.

2. I do it because I'd never put myself under the command of anyone I didn't trust. Odds are they know what they're doing and they have heard (on the comm) or seen something in the big picture (map) that I haven't.

3. I kick the guy out of my group cutting him off from any BEPs gained from the group and then I do what needs to be done myself. Not before turning over the field command to another officer though.
Old 2003-01-29, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Mold
Sergeant

id pick guy 2 for the squad, and then tell mr. elite to follow us if he wants to loot our corpses
Old 2003-01-29, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

1.) follow orders
2.) follow orders
3.) send someone else and make sure he is never in a squad with me again
4.) take the teamworker
Old 2003-01-29, 02:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
closed4repairs
Private

1. You're assaulting a base under a commander you've worked with a few times before. He issues a command that in your estimation improves your squad's chances of winning but will surely result in your death. There are no AMSes supporting the attack and no advanced medics around to revive you, so if you comply you are out of the fight but you may come out the hero.
Follow orders

2. You're in the same situation as above, but you estimate that the order you're given will result in your death and nothing else.
Follow orders but accidentally knock him with my harasser at a later date

3. Same situation, but now you are the commander. You figure that one sacrifice charge will push your side over the edge to victory. The problem is that when you issue the order, the soldier refuses to comply.
a bit less accidentally, mow down the soldier with a vanguard, fully explaining my justification for doing so...
Old 2003-01-29, 04:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
chaos1428
Master Sergeant

1: Follow orders without hesitation.
2: Have him repeat the plan to me, so maybe he can see how stupid it sounds. If not, follow orders.
3: Switch my Punisher to secondary fire-mode, and put a rocket between his goggles, and order everyone to salvage whatever equipment they can off his corpse.

Next scenario? I would definately have to take the Team Player over the crack shot, anyday. I would explain to crack shot that there is a squad up ahead that is looking for someone like him, and he should run to catch up. With any luck, he could eat a few bullets from the enemy for us
Old 2003-01-29, 05:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Re: The Riddle of Command

1. You're assaulting a base under a commander you've worked with a few times before. He issues a command that in your estimation improves your squad's chances of winning but will surely result in your death. There are no AMSes supporting the attack and no advanced medics around to revive you, so if you comply you are out of the fight but you may come out the hero.

1 - I'd do what the Commander says. Death is temporary.

2. You're in the same situation as above, but you estimate that the order you're given will result in your death and nothing else.

2 - I don't know all of what is going on. While I may think it'll only result in my death, there's bound to be a bigger picture than what I'm privy to.

3. Same situation, but now you are the commander. You figure that one sacrifice charge will push your side over the edge to victory. The problem is that when you issue the order, the soldier refuses to comply.

3 - Try and talk him into it via private discussion. I'd tell him that if he does it, we will win, and he and the others brave enough to do it would be a hero. I suspect that'd work. If it doesn't then I'd warn him of the consequences of refusing. If that still doesn't work, I'd leave him out, go ahead with the plan, and then take whatever action I'm able to to to educate the guy in what it means to be a subordinate.
Old 2003-01-29, 05:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
cwal
Private

you may not

by following the order my not mean you would certainly die so i would do it
2. i would still do it without question if it would mean the best for my friends
3. u dont have time to tell him he would be saving the squad helping everyone i would say go and do it. he would know he would be saving everyone elses life.
Old 2003-01-29, 06:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Ludio
First Sergeant

Response to first 3 questions:

If I was working in an outfit then I would follow orders/expect orders to be followed.

If not...

1. Yes, I help cap a base, why not.

2. If it is completely and utterly stupid, then I might not do it, but normally I would. oooh, I am dead, woe is me! As Warborn said, death is temporary and there are lots of things to kill.

3. I would explain that it is critical, if he doesnt follow orders then get someone else to do it, why bother killing a perfectly good squadmate if he is bad at following orders? I would chew him out/kill him once we got the base, but I sure would feel stupid if I killed him and then realized that I needed more men to take the base.

Response to question number 2:

Definately with the uberleet guy, he may not be dependable for suicide orders or even any orders, but thats why I have a whole sqaud, they can do that shit. The uberleet guy is the secret weapon that kills half the enemy squad before going down, then whatever is left we mop up. A whole squad of uberleet guys may not be so great because they couldnt coordinate at all, and might never get anything done (like capturing the base), but a couple of them as lone commandos would be great.
Old 2003-01-29, 06:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Ludio
First Sergeant

Here is a question of my own:

What if you are in a squad (not outfit) and your commander is really bad (he is giving bad orders, getting people killed for nothing etc...). Your AMS just got destroyed so it is critical to take the base (or maybe it isnt, but you havent made any progress for the past 30 minutes so you really want to take the base).

What would you do?

This is sort of a mutiny question I guess, would you mutiny and if you did how would you do it.
Old 2003-01-29, 06:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

I would fight to my death and then leave the squad, explaining that I was going to find something else to do. Once the AMS is down, you have to regroup to get back anyway.
Old 2003-01-29, 08:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Fire_Monkey
Lieutenant Colonel

Ya I'd choose the second guy, PS won't work if everyone decides to do whatever they want, not following orders and such.
Old 2003-01-29, 08:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Fire_Monkey
Lieutenant Colonel

Bah didn't look at second page, obviously newbish, sry that was a response to his second question.
Old 2003-01-29, 09:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

1) follow orders.

2) follow orders.

3) give the isubordinate an order that he will follow and then kick him once the battle is over.

The fourth question depends on a number of factors.

I need to know is if the guy fun to play planetside with. If he is an ass and makes playing the game no fun for everyone in my squad then he is out. The second factor is how insabordinate is he? He can still be an asset to the squad if he cares about his squad being successful. The key is giving the uberleet player orders that you know he will follow/adjusting your command style to fit the material you have.

As long as I know the 1337 player won't be a complete ass and will generally look out for his teamates, the 1337 player is in.

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion