Third Person view - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: its to early to think straight.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-08-11, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Madcow
I will admit to using 3rd person cheaply to run like a scared rabbit from the Lasher. It's got to piss a Lasher user off something fierce to spam where I was standing and not see a lick of damage on me. I don't even feel remotely bad about it considering how often I've died as an infil due to the lash on shots not even aimed at me.
dont feel bad, it happens to everyone. I snuck into a really crowded TR base (being hacked) and some guy starts shooting his MCG everywhere, after stepping on a mine, and slowly recovering health with advanced regen, Im at about 30 health with little stamina. the guy is blazing everywhere, and he starts shooting along a wall, with me directly in the path. I just think "o shit o shit o shit" and I slowly start to move away, but I get accidental-owned anyway.
Old 2004-08-11, 08:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Indecisive
Major General

Third person nc rexo with ha.

wait for it..

wait for it...

NOW TRIPLESHOTOMGOMGOMG

dead.

Thats why 3rd person sucks.
Old 2004-08-11, 08:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Gohan

wait for it..

wait for it...

NOW TRIPLESHOTOMGOMGOMG

dead.

yea that does happen sometimes, but not enough to completely remove 3rd person view.
Old 2004-08-12, 04:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Kuraltai
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Gohan

wait for it..

wait for it...

NOW TRIPLESHOTOMGOMGOMG

dead.

True .. but it's most enjoyable when they have lowsy aim and I survive then kill them ..

Stairwells is where this is most used .. and by all empires .. we all know it's possible, we just get lax or don't think about it sometimes. It is possible to deal with, just takes some effort and coordination if you're lucky enough to have help.
Old 2004-08-12, 08:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Sputty
Banned

Originally Posted by Lartnev
I wouldn't mind them removing 3rd person for infantry as long as they keep it for vehicles.
Neither would I, but I'm not bothered by it really.
Old 2004-08-12, 10:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Cyrus-
Private

My god.. just use third person right back at them. It's NOT a big problem. Those of you who refuse to use it because it's 'cheap' or 'exploiting' need to learn. Most of the people who use it are killwhores.. if you pop out and then go back to your own third person corner, they'll come down after you.
Old 2004-08-12, 12:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
MrPaul
Major

How about when youre hacking? I always use it then, because I dont want some lazy git to sneak up within 6 inches of me and shoot me in the back before I can cancel the hack and run!
Old 2004-08-12, 03:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Indecisive
Major General

Originally Posted by Cyrus-
My god.. just use third person right back at them. It's NOT a big problem. Those of you who refuse to use it because it's 'cheap' or 'exploiting' need to learn. Most of the people who use it are killwhores.. if you pop out and then go back to your own third person corner, they'll come down after you.

Accually, they can see you a good amount of time before you see them.

While you have to get up to the cornor, switch on 3rd person, and twist the camera, they have been ready for the last 5 minutes, so when you are in the process of you doing that, then pop out and tripple shot you.
Old 2004-08-12, 06:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Doppler
Contributor
Major

I dont see how you people can feel that third person for on foot is "cheap" but not so for vehicles. A soldier on foot has access to other instincts that third person view can mimic, a vehicle driver cannot.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2004-08-12, 10:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Cauldron Borne
Captain

I usually get the triple shotters.... I know when they are there usually and place a boomer down around the corner before i peak my head out. I run up the stairs, run back down and let off the trigger...get's em EVERY time...suckas

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2004-08-27, 03:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
JeriksGod
Private

Angry

if you think that using third person on foot is wrong in an fps why play it then i mean its that simple and using third person to look around corners isnt cheap because you can also use third person to see if any1 is looking around corners!!! =)>
Old 2004-08-27, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Gohan is right. Plant your face into the stairway post, switch to 3rd person. Heal and repair up. Meanwhile you can see up the stairs and also down the stairs in one view and of course our friend darklight works plenty well for the whole distance so have that flipped on to. Grunt comes down from top, or up from bottom, flip on personal shield and jump out with HA blazing.

Have I used this technique? absolutely Cheap as hell? absolutely. The only real counter is the Thumper or Maelstrom but I am just not a big fan of announcing my presence by spamming everyfloor of the tower. It is an unfair defensive advantage that the devs have talked about removing before. I wont miss it at all if it is taken out
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion