PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where Whores are Born.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2004-09-11, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Jekz
Master Sergeant

Just pointing that out to people who think that cross is all special.

I feel for everyone's loss as much as everyone else.
Old 2004-09-11, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
SDM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jekz
Just pointing that out to people who think that cross is all special.

I feel for everyone's loss as much as everyone else.
To some, that cross is "all special". Aparently you don't feel everyone's loss as much as everyone else. You apparently feel for everyone's loss except those who felt a significance to the cross. You're not Goth are you?
Old 2004-09-11, 12:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Jekz
Master Sergeant

Goth? Ick.

Nein.
Old 2004-09-11, 12:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Doop
Major

Don't turn this thread into a fight.
(not talking to anyone in particular)
Old 2004-09-11, 12:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I was in Algebra class in 8th grade. All the teachers were gone and everyone was sitting around talking. Kids were talking about some kind of terrorist attack or something like that. I told them that it couldnt happen. We simply would never allow it. It was a catholic school so they had a little emergency assembly in the auditorium to pray for everyone.
I didnt know what exactly happened until my dad picked me up from the bus stop. I asked him "Dad, what the hell happened? I heard the WTC got hit by a plane..."
He just replied "Theyre gone."
"Gone?"
"Yea, just gone."

Out of everyone I know, I think my dad was hit hardest by this. Hes not one to mourn alot, he didnt even cry when his dad died. He worked in the WTC for 10 years, had alot of friends from college and wall street buddies working there. He's never really told me who he knew that died in it. I can tell he's taken everything very hard. He doesn't seem very touchy about it, but Im know he's very sensitive about it on the inside. He just seems like he just needs to sit down and cry it all out.
Old 2004-09-11, 12:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Glaynor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Triggar
Get out of this thread, man. Have some respect.
Well said.

I took my four month old son for his doctor visit today. On the television they had the 9/11 memorial services. I thought of how when he is older he won't be able to understand that day. It was one of the worst days for me ever. I remember the fear I felt since my wife worked (and still does) in Times Square. I thought they would attack there too. I wasn't able to get in touch with her for over half the day. I didn't know where she was, if she was safe, if she was at work yet, etc. She ended up stranded in the city overnight. I remember the sadness of learning my cousin, a Fire Fighter with one of the Rescue Squads was there and was in the South tower. He never came home. I remember the eeriness of the site when I went there a week later to see the destruction. I was able to gain full access because I was a prosecutor (we get badges) and an officer knew my cousin. A week after the event fires still burnt and after being there for a hour, I was covered in soot. People barely talked there, it was the most surreal experience in my life.

To all who have said they don't care (I have seen that on other boards) I hope you never have to go through that. Two other family members (other cousin [firefighter] and uncle [court officer]) have permanent lung damage from being at the site immediately after and helping in the rescue attempts. They will never recover, and we do not know what the long term affects on them are. The doctors are unable to identify what the substances in their blood are.

Never forget, never take your freedoms for granted. And most of all, treat your freedoms with the deferential respect they deserve. They are not a privilege for you to denegrate, insult and abuse just because you can.

Last edited by Glaynor; 2004-09-11 at 12:17 PM.
Old 2004-09-11, 12:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Kaltagesta
Banned

One interesting thing was that one of the news presenters on one of the channels over here was reporting on it, but her husband was, at the time, on business in New York, and since no one could get in or out of NY, he acted like their reporter. But because it all happened so quick and live, they would ask him questions, he'd answer as best as he could and then at the end of the call, the news presenter would say "Ok, i love you, i'll talk to you later ok. The kids are fine" and all this kinda stuff. That really hit it home to me how these are real people.
Old 2004-09-11, 12:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Kaltagesta
One interesting thing was that one of the news presenters on one of the channels over here was reporting on it, but her husband was, at the time, on business in New York, and since no one could get in or out of NY, he acted like their reporter. But because it all happened so quick and live, they would ask him questions, he'd answer as best as he could and then at the end of the call, the news presenter would say "Ok, i love you, i'll talk to you later ok. The kids are fine" and all this kinda stuff. That really hit it home to me how these are real people.
indeed. Ive never heard about that. especially since news anchors always seem so lifeless.
Old 2004-09-11, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Zodiac
Colonel

Originally Posted by Glaynor
Never forget, never take your freedoms for granted. And most of all, treat your freedoms with the deferential respect they deserve. They are not a privilege for you to denegrate, insult and abuse just because you can.
Well put.

Old 2004-09-11, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Arctik#2
Private

Old 2004-09-11, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Jekz
Master Sergeant

Just ignore me, I'm subconciously anti-Christian and I get worked up when people think that there's some being who cares about intraspecies killing. People are sick. It's a fact of life.
Old 2004-09-11, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
martyr
Contributor
Brigadier General

Misc Info

my dad's flying home from india today.
Old 2004-09-11, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Glaynor
People probably said that after the first world war and after the second world war too. Now is not the time for such words of freedom and all that, now is the time of rememberence for those poor souls who perished in the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and the fourth flight which failed to each its intended target.

Anyone who has even the vaguest comprehension of what went on in those buildings cannot fail to remember the images emotions felt day. One cannot help but think of the terror of those trapped inside, the desperation of people who had no other choice but to jump or the compassion of those who risked and gave their lives to save others.

I think it will be hard to forget what happened. What we must remember is why and how it happened and help to prevent it from happening again. May we pray that history does not repeat itself.
Old 2004-09-11, 12:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Infernus
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by JetRaiden
I was in Algebra class in 8th grade. All the teachers were gone and everyone was sitting around talking. Kids were talking about some kind of terrorist attack or something like that. I told them that it couldnt happen. We simply would never allow it. It was a catholic school so they had a little emergency assembly in the auditorium to pray for everyone.
I didnt know what exactly happened until my dad picked me up from the bus stop. I asked him "Dad, what the hell happened? I heard the WTC got hit by a plane..."
He just replied "Theyre gone."
"Gone?"
"Yea, just gone."

Thats more or less what it was like for me...

It was the second week of 8th grade... and I can remember exactly what I was doing. I was sitting at my dek helping the kids in my group with our English assignment (vocabulary or some such)... when the teacher game in and put the radio on. He seemed quite hysterical liek soemthing was wrong, he told us a plane had hit the World Trade Center. They made an announcement over the intercom and we said a prayer, at the time it was only the one tower. We all thought it was a freak accident... I remember talking to my teacher about it, we both thought it was a jet that was forced to make an emergency landing, was trying for the river, but didn't make it.

Then we heard of the second tower... at this point my teacher ditched the radio and rolled the TV from the teachers lounge in. We watched the news of the pentagon... we watched the first tower fall... the girls were crying... hell I almost was too... all of us were. I lost the heart ot watch and got up and left... we had a prayer service that morning and left early...

I was terrified... I didn't sleep at all that night. My house lies right in one of the approach paths for landing planes at Philadelphia International, the sound of planes flying close overhead has become natural to me... that night... it was just to quiet.
Old 2004-09-11, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
ObnoxiousFrog
Brigadier General

Word

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge