my issues with wish list threads - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma is law.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-02-20, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: my issues with wish list threads

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
It doesn't bloom until the 12th shot if you aren't being attacked.

If it's such a free kill machine why don't you go on tr and show us all how it's done? ^_^
I like a challenge, and the TR just have it way too easy :-p

Plus I love purple!
Old 2011-02-20, 03:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by DviddLeff View Post
I like a challenge, and the TR just have it way too easy :-p

Plus I love purple!
Yeah... ok.
Old 2011-02-20, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
I SandRock
Sergeant Major

The MCG hasn't changed in the past few years to my knowledge. And the best way to use it indoors is to hold down fire constantly, as your COF doesn't reset if you're taking constant damage. You can do the same with the lasher.
Except the lasher's ammo clip is way weaker, the overall damage is way weaker and people say the slow travelling orbs are a pro, i see them as a con. MCG bullets are pretty much direct hits which means direct damage and not damage over delay.

I never see TR loot lashers and use it, only on rare occassions just for funsies. While VS is the scavenger empire. When we are fighting NC, I see everyone grabbing their JHs, when we are fighting TR, i see everyone grabbing their MCGs. Personally I think the Punisher beats the Lasher so I use that. It means I lose out on a direct 1vs1 fight with MCG in medium-close range but if I can sit and get the drop I stand a good chance. Or if I can manage to get em from behind and do LOLSTRAFE :P

Seriously. GET RID OF THE FUCKING STRAFING SPAM IN PS:N FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!! :P
Old 2011-02-20, 05:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by I SandRock View Post
Except the lasher's ammo clip is way weaker, the overall damage is way weaker and people say the slow travelling orbs are a pro, i see them as a con. MCG bullets are pretty much direct hits which means direct damage and not damage over delay.
The MCG outkills both the JH and Lasher with 1 clip; (L:35/6 = 5.83 kills, M: 100/13 = 7.69, J: 16/3 = 5.33), so VS are not alone in that regard.
However, I rarely have to reload with any of the HA during the middle of a fight, so honestly that point is fairly moot.

I saw two people today on TR with lashers in the hour I was on.
Old 2011-02-20, 06:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
I SandRock
Sergeant Major

The MCG outkills both the JH and Lasher with 1 clip; (L:35/6 = 5.83 kills, M: 100/13 = 7.69, J: 16/3 = 5.33), so VS are not alone in that regard.
Yes but the JH is easier to hit with (though that might be personal) and shoots it's 3 shots faster than the lasher shoots it's 6 requires to kill.

However, I rarely have to reload with any of the HA during the middle of a fight, so honestly that point is fairly moot.
That's probably because you don't keep the fire button on the lasher down before you even turn a corner and then run in spamming it with the button down like you do with the MCG :P

Or, more likely, you just die before you even deplete your lasher clip :P

Nobody can tell me the lasher isn't the worst HA to be around by far. There's nothing that will make me believe it. Ever!
Old 2011-02-20, 06:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by I SandRock View Post
That's probably because you don't keep the fire button on the lasher down before you even turn a corner and then run in spamming it with the button down like you do with the MCG :P
Old 2011-02-20, 07:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Hamma
PSU Admin

Thread Derailed!

Weapon balance of the existing game is an entirely different thread.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-02-21, 06:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Elude
First Sergeant

I think it's safe to say PlanetSide Next will be some what faster then the original when they mentioned sanctuaries slowing things down too much.

Originally Posted by Miir View Post
Maybe they can have a Planetside Veteran toggle that allows you to do everything the slow way?
That would never be used even by veterans in the long run.
Old 2011-02-21, 08:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Aractain
Major

Theres a big difference between the pace of combat and the time to action.

One is a fixed instant action button (relabaled and bigger on the main page probably called "DEPLOY" which puts you into the biggest real battle avalible - maybe even wiht a HART droppod if they keep that idea. Just no queing for a shuttle).

The pace of combat is more important. This means damage and running speeds.
Faster and its more like COD which favours movement and 'rambo' style action.
Slower means large groups of people mauling each other at close range - a bit like a naval engagment from Empire Total War.
If its slow speed but fast kills its more like Arma 2 or Battleground Europe.
Fast run speeds and slow kills is very strange, more like a space battle.
Old 2011-02-21, 08:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Wrath
Corporal

DviddLeff yeah that is exactly my issue making the pace of the game quicker and making things which should count for something so much easier to get.

my worry about the spawning suggestions is that it will create and imbalance in the game play to make defending bases so much harder. i've no idea what its like now in PS haven';t played for a few years but back when I was playing if you had a base under heavy attack with all surronding towers in enemy hands and ams's around the base. it a pretty much lost fight unless the ams's and towers where taken out.

I do like the idea of them creating a number of ways to create mobile spawn points rather then just an AMS. but I dont want people popping out on squad mates or galaxys being turned into mobile spawn points for infinate number of hot drops to land on a tower or base.

Miir making planetside next play with COD or BF:BC2 isnt going to make the game any more sucessful infact if anything putting the game into direct competion with the largest FPS francise out there will probably mean it'll fail. you do that and while you might grab a few players for 4-5 months CODs annual releases will mean they all go running back for another fix of insta gib.

planetside is a niche product it promotes team and rewards team work above all else it has the largest map and battles of any game out there thats its USP, them sort of battles and maps require people to play at a slower pace and work as a group to succeed not just run about getting kill streaks for overpowered rewards to get another kill streak to get an overpowered reward.
Old 2011-02-22, 02:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Traak
Colonel

Originally Posted by Miir View Post
I believe the way to make Planetside successful it to incorporate what the average FPS gamer is use to playing. Maybe they can have a Planetside Veteran toggle that allows you to do everything the slow way?

I'm a veteran player but after 8 years of playing other FPS games post Planetside I know what I like and the pace of PS needs work. Maybe it doesn't need to be as fast as current FPS titles but some slight adjustments would be most welcome.
I would like to toggle everyone ELSE to do things the slow way. I would pay extra for leetness, like if I was a rolling porcupine ball of Jackhammers that could curl up and roll down a hallway like a bowling ball that had all barrels firing, it would be awesome. The Sea Urchin of DOOM!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion