Improvement: Multiple Monitor Support - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Do not use while operating heavy machinery
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.88 average. Display Modes
Old 2011-10-18, 11:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Raka Maru
Major

Any hint of an API or SDK for these PS2 apps?
Old 2011-10-18, 11:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Zulthus
Colonel

Re: Multiple Monitor Support

Multi-Monitor support for information/chat windows-fine. Any kind of boost in FOV or peripheral vision is a big NO. Just because you have more monitors than someone else doesn't mean you should have an advantage over them. You're looking forward, why should you be able to have a 270 field of view? It would wreck balance and make it unfair for everyone.
Old 2011-10-19, 12:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Brusi
Contributor
Major

Support for proper 5700x1200 resolution hahaha... As if you all wouldn't go and buy more monitors if they did this!?

I used to have a setup at work with a triple head box and 3 x 40" screens playing Crysis and HL2! Freaken awesome when it worked! Some games tho, like UT3 were just horrible though... it felt like you were playing while scoped in the whole time to get it to run at that res.

Love the 2nd monitor setup for chat, battle info and map tho!
Old 2012-05-17, 01:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
KiddParK
Contributor
Captain

this is THE thing i wanted from PS1. To have a map up all the time in my second monitor, as a squad leader, would have been great. Also, it would have saved me more than a few backstabs from my over zealous airmen with nothing to do then knife me while my screen was filled.

seriously, dual monitor support for a secondary map. If it IS happening and i dont know it, sorry for digging up the thread again and my giddy laughter can be annoying i know. If not.. then why not?

kp
Old 2012-05-17, 02:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

Yeah, I want the map on my 2nd monitor, for sure.

Though I also want an option for a no-UI duplicate of what gameplay looks like on the second monitor, so that way I can record clean videos more easily, and / or webcast a no-UI version.
Old 2012-05-18, 02:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
blackfang
Private

Additional screens can be a game winning advantage at some points but there are not that many who uses them. So being able to see three different areas of the vehicle can be kind of unfair for some. To use battlefield as an example, my brother got three screens and he always flies the helicopter with the side mounted guns. With this he can perfectly line up shots at anything for the side gunners. I don't mind it seeing as i use several screens myself but for some people they are not able to use multiple screens that way.

So i would say, add multiple screens in supreme commander style. Including better commanding options and overview. That would be really awesome, perhaps also choosing your next equipment on the go waiting to get near a point for it. Of course i don't really mind making it possible to have three screens with battlefield view. Since i got them but you see where i am coming from.
Old 2012-05-20, 03:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Fanglord
Sergeant

I think having 2 monitors is becoming very mainstream considering their relative price and a lot of the modern cards supporting it. If it is possible to utilize them in a cosmetic only way I think it would add a really nice polish, possibly adding player stats/social/maps/options/load out editor/cash store ect.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault