something worrying me - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Come on you apes! You want to live forever?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-03-02, 09:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Flameseeker
Captain

I got it from personal experiences. I was at my friends house playing MoH, and his cat kept bugging me. I died.
Old 2003-03-02, 11:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Nightmare
First Sergeant

that sucks. I have a cat too, but she never bothers me. She used to walk on the keyboard sometimes, but she never jumps up on the desk anymore.

But staying on topic, I think that if you crash a galaxy, everyone in it dies. The pilot won't get any grief points, but his passangers will be pissed

Last edited by Nightmare; 2003-03-02 at 11:06 PM.
Old 2003-03-02, 11:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
mistled
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Remind me to fire my pilot if he ever leaves while flying me somewhere.

*Oh shit, you just said fly you. You didn't say you wanted to land. I don't have time to land, I'm off to watch tv.*

...Visit {BOHICA}...

{BOHICA}: Giving it to Gamers, One Ass Kicking at a Time
Old 2003-03-03, 08:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Hawklans
Contributor
Private

If its like other games and you crash a vehile (BF42) then its not classed as tk, and people just registered as "died" so the pilot would be ok, unless of course he crashed it into a base full of people in which case then hell yes ban the mo fo....

But it does mean that good pilots are gonna be popular, whos going to want to get into a vehicle with some arse who will get lost, crash and end up dropping you into the sea...

Maybe we should have a driving license system like in the uk, where if you get caught drink driving, crashing etc you get points on your license, and after so many points you get banned... say for a time

This could be built into the system so that your ability to drive any airbourne vehicle depends on how many points you have accumulated
Old 2003-03-03, 09:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Miir
Malvision

I read a similar post on the official forums a while back about this.

Not sure there was any real answer given.

If the game physics are like tribes 2 then when your flying and get hit from an anti-aircraft weapon there is a chance you may lose control. Which if you are flying nap of the earth could result in some collisions with surface terrain.

This would be bad with a full load of troops and vehicles. But not necessarily pilot error.

But on the other hand, there will always be those people that decide that it would be cool to fly into a building and eject at the last second leaving the rest of the people to crash and burn with the aircraft. (ghey) or people that just don't learn how to fly well.

Hopefully they will come up with some solution to this. The only solution I can see right now is know your pilot. Maybe if pilots could have stats listed with how many successful landings or something, that might be a quick fix.

Last edited by Miir; 2003-03-03 at 09:29 AM.
Old 2003-03-03, 11:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Vicentegrad
Private

okay, why not have the not-so-l33t pilot stripped of his Galaxy certs and make him re-cert for it

You may think it isn't a harsh penalty, but just think. If you have to recertify for something, that's points wasted, points that can't be reapplied at all, they are simply erased

comments?
Old 2003-03-03, 11:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Miir
Malvision

okay, why not have the not-so-l33t pilot stripped of his Galaxy certs and make him re-cert for it
That sounds like a great idea.... if you can't take off and land a loaded galaxy a certain percentage, there must be some issues.

It wouldn't include times you were destroyed in the air.
Old 2003-03-03, 12:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Vicentegrad
Private

Originally posted by Miir
It wouldn't include times you were destroyed in the air.
ofcourse not, every dog has his [bad] day

anyway, what other issues on the game could this penalty be applied to?
Old 2003-03-03, 03:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Nightmare
First Sergeant

Couldn't the pilot just get in, take off about 10 feet, land, get out, get back in, and repeat to get his percentage up? No one should be penalized for being a bad pilot. No one should be penalized for accidentally killing a team mate either. Unfortunatly, there will be people who TK on purpose, and now everyone has to follow the same rules so the assholes don't make it a living hell for everyone. So, cut the pilot some slack. I doubt people will crash often.
Old 2003-03-03, 04:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Miir
Malvision

Originally posted by Nightmare
Couldn't the pilot just get in, take off about 10 feet, land, get out, get back in, and repeat to get his percentage up? No one should be penalized for being a bad pilot. No one should be penalized for accidentally killing a team mate either. Unfortunatly, there will be people who TK on purpose, and now everyone has to follow the same rules so the assholes don't make it a living hell for everyone. So, cut the pilot some slack. I doubt people will crash often.
What was suggested was a loaded Galaxy... that's the one that should be tracked. If a pilot started taking off and landing a bunch of times while I was a passenger I think I'd jump ship and find another ride. (it would be a bad sign... )

I intend to be a pilot but would rather see a system that would protect the passengers from TK'ers.
Old 2003-03-03, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
sterben
Private

Why not just assign a different amount of grief points for tking someone in the air versus on the ground? That is, if I TK a player in my empire, I get assigned a certain number of grief points, right? And if I accumulate enough of these grief points, then I will be penalized, right?

So, just lessen the amount of grief points when in the air (or even more specifically in a galaxy), where the amount of grief you get decreases exponentially with the number of people on board. Thus, if you crash with 1 guy on board, you gain the number of grief points as if you TKed 1 player. If you crash with 2 guys on board, then you gain the number of grief points as if you tked 1 1/2 people, and so on. That way, you still get penalized, but it's not the end of the world for you if it was an honest mistake. And it will still be protection against people doing it over and over again. Just a thought...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion