Nanite Systems - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: the Quote Database almost got me fired from work.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-09-28, 06:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
DOUBLEXBAUGH
Sergeant Major

Re: Nanite Systems

So none of you have been in a neutral base in PS1?
Old 2011-09-28, 07:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
CrystalViolet
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Draep View Post
Yeah hey OP. you realize nanite systems just makes the vehicles and weapons any player can use from any faction right? Did you play PS1?
Yep, nothing about a faction called Nanite Systems in that game that I can recall. Thanks for your useful addition to the discussion though, you brought a lot to the table.

New to PlanetSide 2 is the manufacturing company Nanite Systems (NS). NS created all the common pool vehicles and weapons.
Old 2011-09-28, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Draep
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by CViolet View Post
Yep, nothing about a faction called Nanite Systems in that game that I can recall. Thanks for your useful addition to the discussion though, you brought a lot to the table.
But there were common pool weapons and vehicles in the first game that you don't seem to be aware of. They're not just uncretable shit, its useful stuff available to everyone.
Old 2011-09-28, 09:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by CViolet View Post
You dont seem to get it.

NS has been there in Planetside, all the time. The color pattern, the vehicles, everything has always been there. The big difference now is that PS2 has the common / neutral stuff actually named, instead of just being green and there. There is now a manufacter, rather than just stuff that exists for no story reason.

Nothing new, nothing fancy, nothing really helpful, at this time. The entire NS stuff just lays the groundwork for other, potential stuff.
Old 2011-09-28, 10:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Blue
Private

If there are neutral bases....this is what they will look like.

It has been mentioned that we could all team up to fight an "alien" invader in the future, this would work out as being the Nanite Systems Corp comes back to get their sh!t.

All non-capturable man-made material on Auraxis will have this color scheme.
Old 2011-09-28, 10:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
atone
Sergeant

My best guess is NS is just a name given to common pool from planetside 1, as basti said.
Probably more important for background story or possibly setting up future events.
Old 2011-09-28, 10:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Canaris
Contributor
General

It's just a weapons manufacturer, we have them in RL too, they supply the bang bangs

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2011-09-28, 06:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Captain B
First Sergeant

And the game has to start at some point. I doubt the game will start with all the bases in particular Empires' hands. They'll be neutral and we gotta' go out and take 'em.
Old 2011-09-28, 06:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Captain B View Post
And the game has to start at some point. I doubt the game will start with all the bases in particular Empires' hands. They'll be neutral and we gotta' go out and take 'em.
That takes like 10 minutes though. When the game came back online after the "unpleasantness" from this summer, all the bases were captured faster than you can say Jackie Robinson. I think the last one might have been Gunuku and it turned into an interesting 3-way...which was fitting.

Old 2011-09-28, 06:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Captain B
First Sergeant

It could take 10 seconds, it still has to start.
Old 2011-09-28, 10:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Crator
Major General

Don't forgot, bases aren't an integral part to winning in PS2 like they were in PS1 anymore. Resources and land capture are in PS2.
Old 2011-09-29, 01:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Brusi
Contributor
Major

My theory is that they needed some fluff to put in the info column next to the pictures of vehicles and uprgades and shit that people buy from the market place.

i.e. when you click on an underslung plasrauxian grenade launcher attachment for your pulsar, it tells you about how it was developed by the Vanu Nut-Job R&D Lab using the sperm of baby alien diplodocuses. When you mouse over a twin-linked 30-Cal pintol mounted machine gun that is common pool and can be added to Vanguards, Magriders or Prowlers, then it tells you the gripping story about how Nanite Industries saw a need for a generic ass piece of weaponary, and then made it.

I get the feeling that they are putting a fair bit more energy into the fluff side of planetside this time round. Perhaps they may even tell us where all the civilians went? If they are all working in Nanite industries sweatshops in a cave under Old Oshur...

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2
Old 2011-09-30, 11:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
morf
First Sergeant

Nanite systems is who you buy the weapons from. Wherever there is a war, someone is making money from it and we know that there are resources in this game. Also, where do you think those deployable towers come from?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion