[Poll] Region Locked Servers; Good or Bad? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: thats not a burning sensation
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: What kind of server do you want to see most?
One main world wide international server (Medium-High ping), optional region servers (Low Ping) 28 16.77%
One server for all regions (Current Planetside) [Medium - High Ping] 14 8.38%
Region servers only (not locked) [Low Ping] 116 69.46%
Region-Locked servers only (Ip locked to your region) [Low Ping] 9 5.39%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-22, 07:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Vancha
Colonel

Re: [Poll] Region Locked Servers; Good or Bad?

Originally Posted by Kaotc View Post
its a free 2 play game, not going to even be a drop in the ocean compared to the people that will play it.

do you not remember the 500,000+ people who petitioned Infinity Ward about Modern Warfare2 on the PC? The business(not the dev team, the fat cats in suits who make the decisions) doesnt care, because they KNOW people will play the game regardless, even those bitching and moaning, will actually still play the game.
I won't.

I don't think you can compare PS2 to MW2. PS2 doesn't have the guaranteed playerbase that CoD games have.

Maybe you're right, but I still refuse to let it go quietly. There's no reason to.

Edit: There are people lining up to not play this game because they see SOE still hasn't learnt anything. This is already losing them customers. Maybe they will just be a drop in the ocean, but I've learnt not to underestimate the gaming community.

Last edited by Vancha; 2012-02-22 at 07:28 AM.
Old 2012-02-22, 07:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Kaotc
Corporal

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
I won't.

I don't think you can compare PS2 to MW2. PS2 doesn't have the guaranteed playerbase that CoD games have.

Maybe you're right, but I still refuse to let it go quietly. There's no reason to.
i think PS2 has the potential to have a goliath of a playerbase, a F2P model and a Unique Selling Point that no other game can even come close to.

Dont get me wrong, im properly gutted about it. My heart sank when reading that FAQ (as sad as that may be, it did.)

But what REALLY grinds my gears, and i find it insulting that they are now trying to mollycoddle the community by asking for Feedback, to a decision that is now set in stone.

They dont care(lol there is a shock), so i wont bother providing my feedback, its a waste of my time.
Old 2012-02-22, 07:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

There will be tons of new players who won't care for server location and choose based on ping.

Why lock the veterans to their region if they want to play with their buddies ?

I voted for regional servers without any IP block. It worked fine in PS1, no need to change it in PS2.
Old 2012-02-22, 08:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Gortha
First Sergeant

*deleted*

http://z0r.de/1573
Old 2012-02-22, 08:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
CidHighwind
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by SpLiTNuTz View Post
Regional servers unlocked. Let people have the choice.
Old 2012-02-22, 08:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
CuddlyChud
Staff Sergeant

What's the point of this thread? No one is gonna say that its a good thing to region lock the servers. But we have no idea whether it was necessary or not, since we don't know why SOE made the decision to license out the publishing rights. Of course ideally people would be able to choose wherever they wanted to play, but i'm sure there are mitigating circumstances that we as consumers are not privy to that made them choose a seperate European publisher.
Old 2012-02-22, 08:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by CuddlyChud View Post
What's the point of this thread? No one is gonna say that its a good thing to region lock the servers. But we have no idea whether it was necessary or not, since we don't know why SOE made the decision to license out the publishing rights. Of course ideally people would be able to choose wherever they wanted to play, but i'm sure there are mitigating circumstances that we as consumers are not privy to that made them choose a seperate European publisher.
Of course there are, we know these reasons as Dollars $.
Old 2012-02-22, 09:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Tamas
Staff Sergeant

There should be regional servers, but they should not be locked.
Old 2012-02-22, 09:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
NCLynx
Major

Woops. I put one server (2nd choice), I meant to put the third one :/.
Old 2012-02-22, 09:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by NCLynx View Post
Woops. I put one server (2nd choice), I meant to put the third one :/.
Always knew you needed more aiming practice.
Old 2012-02-22, 09:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Always knew you needed more aiming practice.
Did NC players ever need to aim with noobhammers ?
Old 2012-02-22, 10:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

This is the Digital Age. The Boundaries between people of different nationalities is disappearing(I do not support a One World Government) and someone from Europe can be friends with someone from the U.S. and talk to them on a daily basis playing a game they both enjoy immensely. SOE even encouraged this with Planetside 1 when they merged all servers into Gemini and Europeans have friends in America, Americans have rivals in Europe, and all combinations in between.

Just doesn't seem right to put up this artificial boundary when they caused this in the first place. Region servers unlocked is the only way to go.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2012-02-22, 10:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Mirror
First Sergeant

as long as the 4th option remains as it is, dead last it shows that we are not happy about this decision and that we are pushing for a change/re-think.

http://www.deltatriad.com
Old 2012-02-22, 10:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Sta
Private

Originally Posted by Geist View Post
This is the Digital Age. The Boundaries between people of different nationalities is disappearing(I do not support a One World Government) and someone from Europe can be friends with someone from the U.S. and talk to them on a daily basis playing a game they both enjoy immensely. SOE even encouraged this with Planetside 1 when they merged all servers into Gemini and Europeans have friends in America, Americans have rivals in Europe, and all combinations in between.

Just doesn't seem right to put up this artificial boundary when they caused this in the first place. Region servers unlocked is the only way to go.
Let me try to find some appropriate words to fully agree with your statement about interfering with the ppl's liberty in 2012...
Oh right, " SiEG HEiL SOE!"
Old 2012-02-22, 10:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by CuddlyChud View Post
An injection of cash for SOE from Pro7Sat.1 and less overheads running the EU Servers. It's pretty simple.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion