"In game web browser" - Will she be returning to SOE for PS2/EQN? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I was going to get a Life, but its like a 560 MB download.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-12, 01:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Re: "In game web browser" - Will she be returning to SOE for PS2/EQN?

I'd prefer the game not have an in-game browser - not because it isn't useful but because it's an avenue for malicious and foreign code to be executed in the game engine. It's a security risk they don't need to take.

Windowed mode / alt-tab works fine.
Old 2012-03-12, 01:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Coreldan
Colonel

Id love 2+ monitors, but there honestly is no room for it on my desk, not to mention it costs money I dont have

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-03-12, 01:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Ragefighter
Contributor
Sergeant

I would like a browser, but I would rather have the game run reliably in windowed mode like EQ and EQ2 do. like to see the clock on the taskbar. not sure if this works well with FPS games that lock the mouse? maybe it keeps it in the window?
No in-game browser is going to replace a Firefox/Chrome browser unless you can import all your stuff in. and give it access to all the flash plugins and what not. again not sure how this would effect the game, last thing you want is a damn web page popping up while your flying a loaded galaxy, and than crash and burn lol but that's just me catastrophizing!

probably keep the in-game browser functionality there mostly for basic stuff like accessing PS2players and maybe guil---err outfit websites and of course the store stuff; and let people add mods to it so it can get better without really requiring you to do much. Assuming this game will allow UI mods like the other soe games.

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
Id love 2+ monitors, but there honestly is no room for it on my desk, not to mention it costs money I dont have
lol this is my reasoning for the most part, other is heat...

maybe it is because I got one of those stupid iZ3d monitors*, but my display puts off more heat than my tower... couldn't imagine my room with two more monitors, would be hot as hell

* has one LCD with one non-visible LCD overlay ontop of it (it's deeper) that is supposed to make it look 3D if wearing polorized glasses... used it for maybe 20mins total in past 3 years lol now it just stays unplugged and use it as a crappy 2d display

Last edited by Ragefighter; 2012-03-12 at 02:06 AM.
Old 2012-03-12, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Knocky
Major

Originally Posted by VanuMAXGuy View Post
Not all of us have a $500,000 /year job, mr Wall Streeter.

Adding another monitor is expensive enough, getting a GPU to handle the extra rendering without stealing precious FPS form your main window... impossible :|

ROFL....I have a $300 TV from walmart as my main monitor, 1 year old.
I have a $100 flatscreen "real" monitor from 6 years ago sitting on a $13.99 plastic snap shelf (from Walmart).

And a GTX 460 that I got after my 8800gt blew also a year old.

But VanuMAX....you are a troll so this response is really for those that dont dual monitor yet.
Old 2012-03-12, 01:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

Originally Posted by VanuMAXGuy View Post
Not all of us have a $500,000 /year job, mr Wall Streeter.

Adding another monitor is expensive enough, getting a GPU to handle the extra rendering without stealing precious FPS form your main window... impossible :|
I used to play BF3 on my 40" TV, windowed, using a mobility HD5650, on a laptop.

At low-mid granted, but the performance hit you're talking about really isn't as bad as you're making it out to be, unless you're determined to be running a game at ultra, that's when resolutions start counting.

Mod: /r/gamernews
Join The Enclave: http://www.enclaveoilrig.com
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion