Indoor Combat? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by candlelight.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-01, 12:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Turdicus
Master Sergeant

Re: Indoor Combat?

Originally Posted by HtSgtMAD View Post
I am not a big air/cav whore and I can see all sorts of ways air is going to farm the hell out of ppl,all those open decks on the tower,the open "design" of the tower,hell pull a couple of libs and just nose gun the interior of the tower,hover up high and use the 150 to shoot ppl running out of the spawn rooms at that tech plant.

these guys are going to show up with a shitload of air in a pack,eliminate every threat to them and then start in on the infantry,they will kill 3/4 times their numbers before they die or bug out to repp up.

wash/rinse/repeat over and over again.

after a while some ppl will get smart,not everyone will stand around and get farmed by air but history has shown us,alot of ppl will stand around and ..............
Ah, thats what you're talking about

Well yeah, air cav certainly seems to be as important as ever in zone control. I'm loathe to use alpha footage as an example of ttk, but those fighters died really fast to the mag cannon and anti air secondary gun. I don't know how air cav is going to play out in PS2, but it looks like at least for the moment there are powerful counters to air spams in the form of the tanks, especially since in similar alpha videos it takes several passes to take out a tank with missiles using a fighter. Personally I like to believe that there will be powerful options for infantry and max units as well, hopefully we arent quite as helpless as you make us out to be.
Old 2012-06-01, 12:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

I'm liking the lack of CQC areas in PS2. ToDs and interfarms were the bane of PS1. All they did was degenerate the game into a chaotic spamfest. This amplified due to the fact that towers and claustrophobic base designs were prevalent over the entirety of every single map in the game.

I don't mind the occasional ToD or interfarm myself, but constant exposure to them was just mundane and brain numbing after awhile.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2012-06-01, 12:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
SKYeXile
Major General

its going to be interesting and i doubt ill be able to jam my 12mm into a doorway and rackup kills(ill try though) my favourite part of gaming is the planning of germy specs and equipping my shit in the right away though, and looking at the stats of the results afterwards...you would think i like playing the game the most...but i dont.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-06-01, 12:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
SgtMAD
Captain

I was watching those tanks maneuvering and the magrider trying to track that aircraft and they might get one air kill but while he is looking one way he is a sitting duck because when they try to drive and look up to see the air they will be hitting crap the whole time. the solo tank guys are just going to be easy fodder for air/cav

you are going to see outfits that spend all their time in the air

Last edited by SgtMAD; 2012-06-01 at 12:42 AM.
Old 2012-06-01, 12:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
SniperSteve
First Lieutenant

Thanks for the response, Higby.

I think I agree with your approach to it, and if you guys manage to pull off CQC as well as you do vehicle combat, it will be a really solid game on all fronts.

Oh, and was there a way to get inside of the top of the Tech Plant? Looks like the windows up there would provide an epic vista.

Also, put some catwalks out to the aircraft landing pads on the tower, looks like a frustration to get back and forth between them.

Last edited by SniperSteve; 2012-06-01 at 12:51 AM.
Old 2012-06-01, 01:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
VoodooJanus
Private

The problem is, I'm pretty sure the air vehicles are going to be the most resource intensive to spawn, and considering how quickly they went down to the (albeit high-powered) secondary Magrider weapons, I don't think there will be too big of a problem. Furthermore, infantry are probably going to be pretty difficult to pick out at night, particularly in the more confined spaces.

I trust them to balance well
Old 2012-06-01, 01:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Timealude
Captain

Originally Posted by VoodooJanus View Post
The problem is, I'm pretty sure the air vehicles are going to be the most resource intensive to spawn, and considering how quickly they went down to the (albeit high-powered) secondary Magrider weapons, I don't think there will be too big of a problem. Furthermore, infantry are probably going to be pretty difficult to pick out at night, particularly in the more confined spaces.

I trust them to balance well
well when you see tracer rounds coming at you, you would prolly be best to fire in that area, also who knows we might have night vision for aircraft.
Old 2012-06-01, 01:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Timealude View Post
well when you see tracer rounds coming at you, you would prolly be best to fire in that area, also who knows we might have night vision for aircraft.
Well there was the option to display enemy vehicles and aircraft on your HUD so yea. I think we could see night vision.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-06-01, 02:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Zenben
Master Sergeant

I dunno about you guys, but I'm never getting out of my Scythe
Old 2012-06-01, 02:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
MacXXcaM
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by SniperSteve View Post
It is a FPS after all, not world of tanks.
It's a combined arms shooter. Personally, as an infanterist, fighting along with tanks and planes is always the most fun for me. Infantry only fighting is a thing that can be quite amusing from time to time but I hope most of the time I'm outside.
Old 2012-06-01, 02:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Zekeen
Major

Originally Posted by MacXXcaM View Post
It's a combined arms shooter. Personally, as an infanterist, fighting along with tanks and planes is always the most fun for me. Infantry only fighting is a thing that can be quite amusing from time to time but I hope most of the time I'm outside.
Don't worry, I think you're going to learn is that all of us pilots are ABSOLUTELY INSANE!

You might not be fighting with just infantry, even indoors!
Old 2012-06-01, 03:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Timealude
Captain

Originally Posted by Zekeen View Post
Don't worry, I think you're going to learn is that all of us pilots are ABSOLUTELY INSANE!

You might not be fighting with just infantry, even indoors!
this...during the video i was already trying to figure out a way to fly a scythe into the tech plant.
Old 2012-06-01, 04:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
DOUBLEXBAUGH
Sergeant Major

this...during the video i was already trying to figure out a way to fly a scythe into the tech plant.
Through the giant vehicle door, then hover up to the second floor and start turreting infantry that don't have AA equipped because they are inside :P
Old 2012-06-01, 04:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Notser
Staff Sergeant

just like beggar's canyon back home boys! anyone who's played bf3 knows of the long tunnel map where helos could fly inside, I'd like to believe i'm a professional indoor pilot. but I will say that vanu will have a massive advantage in this with a vehicle that stops on a dime.

Last edited by Notser; 2012-06-01 at 04:30 AM.
Old 2012-06-01, 04:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Zekeen
Major

&%^$ Your scythe! I'm pushing a Galaxy up that bases rear end!!!!! MUWHAHAHA!

Originally Posted by Notser View Post
just like beggar's canyon back home boys! anyone who's play bf3 knows of the long tunnel map where helos could fly inside, I'd like to believe i'm a professional indoor pilot. but I will say that vanu will have a massive advantage in this with a vehicle that stops on a dime.
I'm surprised I saw this happen so often. And to think, our VTOLs will hover MUCH more efficiently and are more compact!

Last edited by Zekeen; 2012-06-01 at 04:30 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion