NC Outfit Alliance - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: <- You are here.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > New Conglomerate

Old 2012-06-21, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
AOI Knightmare
Corporal

Re: NC Outfit Alliance

I own the servers and bandwidth is not a prob..

I know that I wouldn't have any problem with a large mumble server b/c it is so light; however, I would need to benchmark a TS server. The other option would be to group rent one and let people donate. I think if several outfits worked together to use that as their primary communication server then ensuring that it was always available would not be a major issue (you can scale those things based on how many people we have actively using it aka start small and increase depending on use)

thanks
Knightmare
Old 2012-06-21, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Dustic
Private

Another option is just one channel for the leaders to communicate on something otherthan what most outfits wwill use like if most outfits use Teamspeak get a ventrillo up and all that
Old 2012-06-21, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

War Machine is more than willing to be involved with an alliance such as is being discussed. I am also willing to expand my 50 cap TS3 server to accomodate such an alliance. Web hosting is an option, if a subdomain of www.warmach.net is acceptable.

We are also perfectly fine with visiting other comms.

I should mention that the ingame VOIP might ultimately be the best way to do this.

The biggest roadblock for me is the server the alliance might choose.
Old 2012-06-21, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
BlackOpAgent
Private

SuperTroopers Emerald started this time long long ago, with AO1, BL, FS and many others. I worked with Chorton? (of AO1, I am sure Chorton was before your time) and Cruxx (of FS). My guys were asking about a few months ago if we will be doing that again come PS2. My plan was to do so, but after we get up an running as well.

Lynx is my 2nd in command, and follows the boards more than me. I have a lot on my plate right now with beta coming up etc. So you can relay information through him. I generally look at our boards and once the official PS2 boards become accessible those as well. And when the new NCA boards come up too.

So if you are looking for participants, yes in the near future ST would love to bring back our pop locking force once again. Feel free to stop by our site. http://supertroopers.hypoxicstudios.com/st/Home.html

Last edited by BlackOpAgent; 2012-06-21 at 05:18 PM.
Old 2012-06-21, 09:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
MrSmegz
Sergeant

I also have a Co-located server in Houston, running Teamspeak now http://impi.us PW:impi.us if you ever need to use one. Its on a Quad core 3.2ghz Xenon w/ 32gb of ram on, Its doing some other lite duties but i'm sure it could handle several hundreds of other users. I might need to upgrade to Gigabit though, its got like 15TB /month limit now at around 150Mbps up/down.
Old 2012-06-21, 09:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
AOI Knightmare
Corporal

Dang glad to have ya!
Old 2012-06-21, 09:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
SKYeXile
Major General

Oh look, NC think they're people. You are not prepared.
Old 2012-06-21, 10:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
NCLynx
Major

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
Oh look, NC think they're people. You are not prepared.
Leave it to a VS to use an overused quote from a terrible game. All that technology can't help you come up with something original?

Also slightly more on-topic...isn't shit posting/shit talking in the outfit recruitment forums against the rules?
Old 2012-06-21, 11:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Pine
Private

Not trying to rain on a group voice server... but stating numbers like 50 or 100; SG was bringing 200 alone. We even had a meeting the major purpose was to test 200 in ONE channel. That is a STRESS test.

Point being there was a post above on having a server just for leaders, but outfits sticking to their own... that might be a "best practice", as any one server could quickly get overwhelmed. Nothing is gonna piss off folks like being the odd man out.

(please note the following I am not in a command position in SG)
As a member of large outfit, I am aware of the frustration small outfits had in dealing with us. It was/is unfortunate... I don't think it will change much. But if SG pissed off the leaders of 10 ten-member outfits (100 players).. that would still be only half to a third as many members as was logging in each night as SG. Once outfits "got settled" and we knew the outfit was gonna last more than a week, or could bring xxxxx to the table, I think the bigger outfits did their best to accommodate the alliance.

Shout out to Blue Lions and Super Troopers. I have flown many a gal with combined drops. We shared lodies and AMS, and I never turn my back on a BL Max in need of repair. Formal alliance or no, the large outfits share a history together... I hope to continue that tradition in PS2.

Pine Air
Old 2012-06-22, 01:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
NCLynx
Major

Awesome to see you've done stuff with ST before! I wouldn't worry to much about how the voice server will work, the system we had back in 03-05 worked very well. Technology and internet have only gotten better since then.
Old 2012-06-22, 03:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Dustic
Private

Well my biggest logic on the matter was when I was in Liquid Courage we had a side Ventrillo for officer communication on the field where as all the normal troopers were in TS and it carried on well that way the officers stayed in communication and the normal troopers were fine a similar system could work well with Alliance leaders being in a separate client with a separate PTT key and keep outfits individual TS clear and crisp. Just a thought that will work
Old 2012-06-22, 08:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
MrSmegz
Sergeant

Originally Posted by NCLynx View Post
Awesome to see you've done stuff with ST before! I wouldn't worry to much about how the voice server will work, the system we had back in 03-05 worked very well. Technology and internet have only gotten better since then.
I think TS 3 will support 512 users, maybe more, but like I said, we could pool resources and throw up a dedicated server if we wanted to do that, but why. Every outfit can have their own server command can talk on another I do this now by running multiple TS client instances in Windows.

Is it possible to run multiple TeamSpeak 3 client applications?

Yes. Although keep in mind TeamSpeak 3 supports connecting to multiple TeamSpeak 3 servers at once via its native "tabs" (similar to tabbed web browsing). However, if you want to start multiple TeamSpeak 3 clients, simply launch the TeamSpeak 3 client with the "-nosingleinstance" commandline parameter.
However, NCU having an "Open Access server" would be nice. Where anybody in any Outfit can come and participate and take on some of the smaller missions and yet be part of the team rather than the Zerg.
Old 2012-06-22, 08:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
AOI Knightmare
Corporal

Exclamation Re: NC Outfit Alliance

Howdy,

1. I will schedule a meeting and location for a NCA planning meeting to be held within the next couple of weeks. Check here for date and location.

Agenda Items: (If you have more items please PM me and I will add them to the agenda formally)

First meeting will be lead by Knightmare subsequent meetings to be arranged and conducted by elected / appointed board / leadership.

A. Introductions
B. NCA Mission Statement
C. Propose Administrative Organization
D. Elect / Appoint short term Administrative Positions (to be held until after official NCA Launch)
E. Identify Objectives / Tasks that need to complete prior to launch
F. Propose Schedule & Task assignments
G. End Meeting until next.

2. I will deploy a forum and place holder website to planetside-nca.com this weekend. (we can move this later if we want just gives us a starting point)

3. I look forward to working with all of you and bringing back the glory days!

thanks
Knightmare
Old 2012-06-22, 08:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
AOI Knightmare
Corporal

Forum admins.. any chance for a forum sticky?
Old 2012-06-22, 09:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
AOI Knightmare
Corporal

Re: NC Outfit Alliance - Realm

Howdy,

The former NCA was on the Emerald Realm. Is this our intent to keep the same Realm? I for one think it would be awesome to keep that going; however, is anyone / group opposed to this or has another idea?

thanks
Knightmare
  PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > New Conglomerate