What do you miss? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: When nine hundred years old you reach, look as good you will not.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-24, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Bruttal
Sergeant Major

Re: What do you miss?

Super tight quarter fights (ps1 towers), NTU drain's, BUGGY'S!!!!, Magrider top mounted main cannon, Cloaked AMS, No Radical base changes upon empire change in ps1 the whole base flipped colors, VR for weapons testing (the old one never got an update either kinda made me mad it was vary under used),

One squad defensible basses in ps2 the bases are quite large and you wont be able to cover enough ground by running back and forth to keep the enemy's from taking over. to combat that they should have LESS capture points, one video I think i saw 5 capture points for a single base.
Old 2012-07-24, 12:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
NichyC
Private

Originally Posted by noxious View Post
Most (all?) of the bases I've looked at in streams have had a majority of points inside* the base. Even if it's a 3/3 split, unless the attackers take all three outter points simultaneously and force a draw (in which case the defenders probably win), the attackers will always have to take at least one of the inner points, if only momentarily, to flip a base.

*The bases don't seem to have well defined boundaries, but there is usually a cluster of points that are much closer to the center of the base than the rest.

Also, why are you going to miss the galaxy gunship? It's still in PlanetSide 2.
From the bases I've seen, they all look like they're mostly outside, though I could be wrong.

And I thought it was just the galaxy that's making a return, not the galaxy gunship.
Old 2012-07-24, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by NichyC View Post
From the bases I've seen, they all look like they're mostly outside, though I could be wrong.

And I thought it was just the galaxy that's making a return, not the galaxy gunship.
Supposedly, the customization system will allow turning a galaxy into a gunship type variant.
Old 2012-07-24, 12:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Dubious
Sergeant

lose some seats for bigger/more guns
Old 2012-07-24, 01:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
I will miss Combat Engineering.

auto-turrets are always a big thing for me. Tank obstacles were fun. At least I still get mines.
I think I saw auto-turrets set up in bases if I'm not mistaken.

Could be mistaken.

Originally Posted by Sephirex View Post
Supposedly, the customization system will allow turning a galaxy into a gunship type variant.
Yep.
Old 2012-07-24, 01:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
SleepyZombie
Corporal

hacking terminals, turrets and enemy vehicles

I think they are planning some of that to be in the game later on but until then I will miss it.
Old 2012-07-24, 01:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Dubious
Sergeant

i think the auto-turrets u have seen is actually the engineer turret you need to man urself
Old 2012-07-24, 01:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Sirro
Corporal

I will miss my jump-jet MAX, oh well as long as the new versions still a lot of fun I don't care. Btw there is no Sanctuaries? That's going to be weird, I guess its true you learn something new everyday!
Old 2012-07-24, 01:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
SleepyZombie
Corporal

Originally Posted by Sirro View Post
I will miss my jump-jet MAX, oh well as long as the new versions still a lot of fun I don't care. Btw there is no Sanctuaries? That's going to be weird, I guess its true you learn something new everyday!
I thought they said VS maxes have a jump jet i'm fairly sure it was in a video with higby
Old 2012-07-24, 01:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #25

I miss a basement generator defence. Around 50+ guys in a basement, crouching behind crates aiming at 2 entrances just waiting for an enemy onslaught.

I hope they design something similar because I’m yet to see anything that captures that feeling.

Currently Recruiting - www.digital-legion.com
Old 2012-07-24, 01:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Ranik Ortega
Staff Sergeant

An extensive and in depth Combat engineering system. Dropping a man-able turret doesn't look nearly the same as entrenching a base to the teeth.

The lack of base types. There are only 3 base types i believe and with the lack of lattice system it seems like taking specific bases does not affect the meta game.

All of the many vehicle types. I realize that with the new system much of it's re-creatable by switching turrets but i'd like to see some specialized designs.

A more robust inventory system. Though the current inventory is passable i'd like to see a combination of both.

The implant system using duration based implant consumables sort of irks me. But i guess special kit can be purchased as actual gear so i'm not too miffed on this one.

Lack of lightning secondary gun. One of the turrets for it had better act as the old 75mm/12mm combo.

The meta game overall really. Blowing up tubes, dropping gens, infecting bases etc. I realize due to the new capture style some of these aren't necessary but at the moment its shipping pretty light on strategic gameplay. PS1 did the same to some extent and i'm hoping that PS2 adds more strategic gameplay over time.

Overall though I think they are trying to get the game ready for play as fast as possible without shipping it buggy. As they've hinted at repeatedly they have serious plans for more content and meta game. Here's to hoping their 3-5 year plan is as awesome as our own brainstorming can be.
Old 2012-07-24, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Oh god I hope AzK doesn't find this thread!

Personally, I miss my PS1 IFF system and minimap which showed my squadmates as opposed to obligatory green arrows.
Old 2012-07-24, 01:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by Dart View Post
Oh god I hope AzK doesn't find this thread!
Old 2012-07-24, 02:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Anubisstargate
Private

I'm going to miss the stealthed up AMS's but who knows, could stealth a galaxy once it lands.

But yeah you can change your galaxy to a gunship, you have to cert more passenger spaces and having more guns will overwrite those certs (If selected).

Battles will also be out in the open! As much as bases are the main objective just like PS1, majority of the fights and battles will be out in the open when you go to capture a base or moving from one base to another. We have only seen the video's about bases due to them giving us the footage they think we want to see. They also haven't had the numbers yet to be able to give us a mass amount of footage outside the bases because you'll be seeing no one :P.

With 2,000 people you will be having people tons of people egging the opposition for outside battles to take you away from the main bases. Also they will be bringing in many different types of capturing bases and they may even bring back the LLU soo good luck defending that one guy against hundreds of others haha!
Old 2012-07-24, 02:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Turdicus
Master Sergeant

Some clarifications:

- Buggies are going to be in the game, just not at launch. Sometime later.
- The lightning, like all (most?) of the other tanks, can cert for a coax machinegun. So the old cannon+machinegun combo is still very real
-MAX units will not have jetpacks, that is reserved for light assault only.

Thats all the confirmed stuff I can alleviate. Personally I might just miss CC holds, but honestly it might still be possible with some of the cap points located inside larger buildings. The Tech plant looks like its central point will be crazy to hold, very fun looking.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion