A few questions and thoughts. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where you can ask the devs!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-29, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Braveliltoaster
Staff Sergeant

Re: A few questions and thoughts.

I have a question.

If no one dies on auraxis and living beings respawn then where do they get the damn resources for all these vehicles
Old 2012-07-29, 06:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Piper
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
You can fourth empire very easily with 2+ accounts.
Chuffin' nice link in your signature and the post it goes to, thanks Bags. Will keep me busy.
Old 2012-07-29, 06:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Piper View Post
Chuffin' nice link in your signature and the post it goes to, thanks Bags. Will keep me busy.
It's about two months out of date, I lost the will/time to keep it updated when I got my job. though, nothing has massively changed since I stopped updating it, so it's probably fairly accurate overall.
Old 2012-07-29, 06:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Piper
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
It's about two months out of date, I lost the will/time to keep it updated when I got my job. though, nothing has massively changed since I stopped updating it, so it's probably fairly accurate overall.
Works just fine, all I knew about PS2 until about a week ago was that it was being dev'ed. So it's all useful for me.

Answered a ton of questions for me already, like the absence of a dedicated "pilot" class. They seem to be have missed a chance there.
Old 2012-07-29, 06:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Tcakes
Corporal

less empire pride? exactly how long have you been around planetside? empire pride is one of things that helped make this game great.
Old 2012-07-29, 06:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Piper
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Tcakes View Post
empire pride is one of things that helped make this game great.
Could not agree more, I remember it was very difficult to describe to people who joined PS1 later on after the merge patch what it was like before it. Perhaps I'm remembering the first eight months through some degree of rose tinted spec's, but frankly....different game before and after.

It was such a monumental game in 03, (not counting the rather dismal WW2OL it's still almost unique to this day) being on A team of such scale in a persistent world people did feel a collective sense of achievement.

Arguably, that all got binned with fourth-empiring, the seed was sown at the patch and it took a while to really get hold. But soon there wasn't an empire game at all really, you didn't know if the chap next to you on the wall was really a, say, VS or a tourist and er....it's so difficult to describe the psycho-what-cha-ma-call-it affect it had on the game.

It wasn't three groups of people competing, it was just a big old bitch fest from everyone thinking that the other side had done well, not through collective mad-skillz, but from just having better population from empire-hoppers.

Depressing. The first nail in the coffin for me. I could stomach the total fudge up that was BFR's more.

Last edited by Piper; 2012-07-29 at 06:52 PM.
Old 2012-07-30, 04:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Piper
First Sergeant

Thought of another one, not overly important I guess, but will ask anyway out of random boredom.

Anyone know if we (those with what passes for command certs in PS2) will be able to scribble on the map as in PS1? Along with WP's.
Old 2012-07-30, 05:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
BlueSkies
Staff Sergeant

Yep, waypoints and all the other goodies are supposed to be going in. Smed even suggested in a tweet that the PS2 version of CR5s would be able to do empire wide voice communication (which will likely lead to idiots getting /ignored faster than global spam in PS1)
Old 2012-07-30, 05:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Piper
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
Yep, waypoints and all the other goodies are supposed to be going in. Smed even suggested in a tweet that the PS2 version of CR5s would be able to do empire wide voice communication (which will likely lead to idiots getting /ignored faster than global spam in PS1)
What I've seen suggested on that front is encouraging actually.

That those who want high command certs will have to sacrifice elsewhere cert wise. Suggesting that really only those with an interest (and perhaps ability) will be doing /cont and /global messages rather than anyone and everyone using it like an in game twitter account and informing the rest of us they just broke wind or ingested something.
Old 2012-07-30, 06:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Boomhowser
Corporal

Originally Posted by SFJake View Post
Less empire pride, more "let me try what I want", please. I hate this faction royalty crap, and I'm not sure how the flood of people will react to this, but I'd bet they will massively not care about it. Its just a game. Sorry, its literally my biggest problem with the game and its community. Its like a bunch of fanatics standing in the way of a game.
I would rather have faction pride than have players switching to which ever sides winning at the time..
Old 2012-07-30, 07:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
EisenKreutzer
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by SFJake View Post
Less empire pride, more "let me try what I want", please. I hate this faction royalty crap, and I'm not sure how the flood of people will react to this, but I'd bet they will massively not care about it. Its just a game. Sorry, its literally my biggest problem with the game and its community. Its like a bunch of fanatics standing in the way of a game.
I never played Planetside 1, but the empire pride is specifically what made me interested in this game.
I absolutely love it.
Old 2012-07-30, 07:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Thunderhawk
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Interesting read, and Planetside 2 will be brilliant, it really will.
Old 2012-07-30, 07:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Piper
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Thunderhawk View Post
Interesting read, and Planetside 2 will be brilliant, it really will.
Oi TH, check the PM I sent you.
Old 2012-07-30, 07:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Gugabalog
Major

Empire pride is a big plus in my book as well.
Old 2012-07-30, 08:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Thunderhawk
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Piper View Post
Oi TH, check the PM I sent you.
Check my reply
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion