The Endless Resupply exploit + fix - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Surprise!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-09-05, 02:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Re: The Endless Resupply exploit + fix

See? See?

Regen would be useful; I spend my time as an LA flipping tiles all over the map that nobody is fighting over. Long drops constantly damage me, so a small regen will be useful indeed.
Old 2012-09-05, 02:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
We're making the equip terminals no longer heal players to full.

We are probably going to add a very low regen to base health which would let you heal up over a minute or two so you do have a way to get back up to max health without requiring a medic or consumable health kit. This would be pretty useless for battles, so medics are still absolutely vital, but it will let you be more sustainable in the longer term gameplay. This MIGHT also come as an implant with some basic very weak health regeneration.
Implant sounds good, but absolute NO to health regen for everyone. Even the smallest amount is bad.

Ive had a fight yesterday at the crown. Me against the whole TR army up there. All i did was sneak around, kill a guy, hide again, etc. It was intense, and every piece of health I lost during a firefight made it even more intense.
It was in fact the best moment i had in Planetside 2 so far.

If you would like to go crazy: med terms, just as PS1. Place them here and there and you should be fine.
Old 2012-09-05, 03:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Chefkoch
Sergeant

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Implant sounds good, but absolute NO to health regen for everyone. Even the smallest amount is bad.
[...]
If you would like to go crazy: med terms, just as PS1. Place them here and there and you should be fine.
Med Terms are fine. If everyone gets some kind of basic heal we will have the infamous "sit near the backdoor afraid to rush in" all over us again.
Old 2012-09-05, 04:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
NapalmEnima
Contributor
AGN Field Reporter

If you are at an equipment terminal, you can swap to medic, fix yourself with the PBAoE heal, and then switch back.

Certainly not instant, but faster than waiting around for some low-ball non-combat regeneration system.

So what about the MAX->X transition?
Old 2012-09-05, 04:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Hamma
PSU Admin

I would agree with basti, make it an implant requirement not a base thing. I don't like the idea of health regen at all, there should be a tradeoff.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-09-05, 05:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Serpent
Staff Sergeant

Is there a specific number on the cooldown for MAX? If there's one thing I hate it's seeing infantry becoming unpopular by cheap and in some situations ridiculously powerful units such as, you got it, the MAX.
Old 2012-09-05, 06:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
MonsterBone
First Sergeant

Everything should have a very slow regen. Basti will still sneak around like the rest of the VS and hide.
Old 2012-09-05, 06:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Stardouser
Colonel

This is really only a concern with MAXes, because the TTK on everyone else is so low it's not practical to use terminals to heal while being shot.
Old 2012-09-06, 05:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
raw
Sergeant

We are probably going to add a very low regen to base health which would let you heal up over a minute or two so you do have a way to get back up to max health without requiring a medic or consumable health kit. This would be pretty useless for battles, so medics are still absolutely vital, but it will let you be more sustainable in the longer term gameplay. This MIGHT also come as an implant with some basic very weak health regeneration.
Noooo, please no health regeneration. It completely destroyed T:A already, don't do it to Planetside. This isn't some console shooter.

If this takes up an implant slot, we probably can talk about this. PROBABLY. But I'd rather see some big medic recruitment drive than any of this regeneration stuff. It's just terrible to gameplay.

Last edited by raw; 2012-09-06 at 05:47 AM.
Old 2012-09-06, 05:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Jonny
Master Sergeant

I would also say no to health regen even if it is minute. It sounds like a lazy fix to a larger problem which should have been spotted before the beta even started. There has to be a better mechanic.
Old 2012-09-06, 07:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Scopedog
Private

Yeah health regeneration should only be available from med kits not terminals how small doesn't matter its the principles, and the tradeoffs should balance it. The medic should be the only option apart from med kits. 25% health back at terminals I'm not sure about.

You need a medic at that point anyway so why bother, I'll vote for medic and kits only, implants maybe as they take a valuable slot, and would be good for black ops type players, who can't have a medic on hand.

Oh and absolutely NO to base health regeneration without some kind of tradeoffs like implants or med kits, however small it takes away from the medic class you should be forced to seek them out if you choose not to take either option.

Last edited by Scopedog; 2012-09-06 at 07:31 AM.
Old 2012-09-06, 08:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Froglicker
Corporal

No to innate regen please, no matter how basic, unless it's an implant.

I'd rather have Medical/first-aid Terminals that regen health while actively used instead. Make it so that you it takes 10-20sec to regen health to full, and maybe must be actively used (player must face it and hold E) in order to prevent use during active combat. Stick one in each outpost/tower and a few in each facility. Problem solved.

Edit: First-aid terminals could be at outposts/towers and regen health slowly (over 20seconds or so), while Medical terminals could be in facilities and regen faster (10seconds or so). Or maybe mix and match: outposts get 1 First-aid Terminal, towers get 1 Medical Terminal or 2 First Aids, and facilities have have 1-2 Medical terminals with a few First-aid terminals interspersed throughout. Just throwing out ideas.

I just like the idea of having more secondary objectives to take out and hinder your enemy, or hack (when implemented) to benefit your allies

Edit again: Regenning shields were added in the first place to appeal better to console/CoD players, I don't see why you need to go further and have regenning health.

Last edited by Froglicker; 2012-09-06 at 08:26 PM.
Old 2012-09-06, 11:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Helwyr
Sergeant Major

This sounds like a good fix, also keep the terminals away from capture points, the biggest abuse of the terminals for healing is places like The Crown because it's right up the stairs from the capture point.

I strongly disagree with those saying no to low base health regen, it's a good idea so long as it's no where near as fast the shield regen. Infantry should not be so reliant on one class type (Medics) to be able to heal their own health between fights.

If there's no base regen an alternative of allowing all non-MAX Infantry to cert in a single target heal gun (like PS!), and have it replace grenades or something not key to the class's function. Or a third option is make the Med kits and Restoration kits a lot better, 50 certs for one heal that replaces something like C4 is very pricey. Give the player a choice as to what it replaces and give 3 heal charges per 50 certs invested, and 50 resources gives 3 kits and it will be reasonable.
Old 2012-09-06, 11:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Renegadeknight
Sergeant

If they want a regen I think one similar to the ps1 implant would be nice. Some sort of meter determines how much you can heal(in ps1 it used stamina) and than you have to wait for it to recharge to use it again.Don't really like a implantless heal, as it kind of takes away from the medics use.
Old 2012-09-06, 11:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Helwyr
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Renegadeknight View Post
If they want a regen I think one similar to the ps1 implant would be nice. Some sort of meter determines how much you can heal(in ps1 it used stamina) and than you have to wait for it to recharge to use it again.Don't really like a implantless heal, as it kind of takes away from the medics use.
The reliance on Medics is taking away from other classes functions, Infiltrators and LA are rarely going to be near a Medic. Nor are we all going to be playing in organized squads no matter how hard it is pushed on players. If I could wave a magic wand at Higby and make him just get rid of the Medic class altogether and give access to it's abilities through certs to other classes I would.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion