New colour HUD settings. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Now remember, I like it spicey.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-03, 11:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Sunrock
Major

Re: New colour HUD settings.

Originally Posted by Rivenshield View Post
I don't grudge you any improvement in your ability to play.... but I *do* grudge having weeks and weeks of muscle memory flushed down the commode. I keep shooting at friendlies and trying to 'resecure' friendly flags.

It should be an option you can turn on if you need it, not default sweeping changes for the rest of us.
Weeks and weeks? Try 25 years of muscle memory. Red=enemy have been the standard for ever in all games that been playable sens the early 80's.
Old 2013-02-04, 02:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Cannot begin to describe how much I absolutely hate this change. First, the colors of things don't make sense. Second, up until now it was completely different. Change for the sake of change is bad.
Old 2013-02-04, 02:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Pella
Captain

Enemies Gray
Friendly Red

Takes some getting used to. But looks nice
Old 2013-02-04, 02:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
You have the option of old colors dont you?
No you can't, Dev's need to bring it back as an option. You can't even replicate it with the new system.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2013-02-04, 06:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Suitepee
Corporal

I got used to this change somewhat quickly. Blue for friendlies, red for enemies.

A bit irksome having to realign the colours for my Vanu/NC alts on Miller, but this change seems ok and if it helps the colourblind players enjoy the game, great!
Old 2013-02-04, 07:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
VR Draco
Private

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
You have the option of old colors dont you?
Not exactly. Before this patch, terminals and other things where colored in faction color, friendly players were blue and enemy players were red.

NOW terminals and other things have the same color like friendly or enemy players.

I don't like this. I want my enemies to be red (because I don't see any differnce whom I shoot at ^^) but I want to see to which faction a terminal or base belongs, to see if there will be a 2nd front.

But if I change to "Empire Colors" I see friendly players purple and NC blue...this distracts me, because I am used to the old color-scheme.

It would be perfect to have 3 additional colors for the terminals an other "captureable" things, THEN we would be able to use the old scheme.
Old 2013-02-04, 07:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Bocheezu
Master Sergeant

My main is TR, but I switch around on the weekends and play the other factions. I basically have to do ally/enemy because I don't want to fix the colors every time I switch (I can't tell the difference between VS purple and NC blue when I play those factions). The problem with ally/enemy is all enemy capture points are red and I can't tell WHICH FACTION has that capture point.

They need to have seperate options for player names (ally/enemy) and capture points/terminals (empire colors). That way it would be like the old system, which was fine.
Old 2013-02-04, 08:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
I turned on empire colors and almost killed several TR.. went back to the enemy selection.
That's working as intended!
Old 2013-03-06, 04:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
TheBladeRoden
Contributor
First Sergeant

The biggest challenge was finding just that right shade for Vanu that wasn't too red to be confused with TR, too blue to be confused with NC, and too purple to be confused with Charlie squad. >
Old 2013-03-06, 05:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Koadster
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Pella View Post
Enemies Gray
Friendly Red

Takes some getting used to. But looks nice
Mines opposite, If a Doritos pops up and doesnt have any colour I dont bother.

I got NC as RED, VS as PINK. TR (my faction) is GREY.. NC/VS stick out like dogs balls so it really minimizes friendly shots. Since all TR stuff is now grey on the map any red or pink 'blip' stands out really well so that helps sort out minimap clutter.

Im guessing similar thinking to you but just different colours although dont you want your enemy's colour to stand out.. Easier target acquisition

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR
Old 2013-03-06, 06:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Its better than before but its not close to ideal.

1 you cant change squad colors.

2 you cant change the enemy vs friendly colors.

The squad thing is my biggest issua as a color blind player. In order not to confuse squads and platoons with the enemy Ive been forced to play NC as red - I dont like that.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion