Can we please get a non-suck for the Striker? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma knows all.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-30, 07:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Re: Can we please get a non-suck for the Striker?

Originally Posted by Quadron View Post
Currently, these issues are the only thing preventing the striker from being OP against ESFs. If all five rockets hit, it does 80% damage to it. THAT'S INSANE for a single lock-on, and double the damage of the other lockons.

Because of the striker, I've completely abandoned using the scout radar on my reaver because I utterly absolutely have to have flares or I'm dead to the striker in open areas of the map.

Perhaps the better solution would be to reduce the amount of damage and make the rockets hit more consistently. If it only did 50% of damage to my ESF, I wouldn't mind it tracking more precisely, etc. As it stands, I think it's borderline OP in open areas of the map.
You may very well be correct. I just needed to vent about my issues with it. And I think with the right armor on your bird it won't do that much damage. Again you can just dive for the dirt and the missiles will dumb fire into the ground. Waiting for that day someone does it and rains my shots down on my own team.
Old 2013-03-30, 10:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Koadster
Sergeant Major

Having just used the striker and M9 Skep heavily defending Tarwich.. For pure AT lock on.. Skep was netting me ALOT more kills. 1500 dmg vs 500.. Because of all the canyons/rocks/obstacles.. If a tank takes one hit and moves behind cover most of your magazines DPS is lost hitting rocks and such... Skep only needs 1 hit to do 65% of a striker clip.

Also has the added bonus of dumbfire and slight longer missile range (25meters) and slightly faster missile speed (15m/s)and .5 second faster lock on, for AT duty Ill goto my SKEP everyday and twice on sunday. It was nice locking on, firing then hiding from snipers to reload instead of locking on... fire.. fire.. fire.. fire.. fire.. Then hiding, better chance for the enemy to kill you or get a beat on your location.

Striker is great like the annihilator was in squads with massed fire or against Air because the ESF has to dodge 5 separate missiles. Certainly isnt the be-end-all of launchers for the TR. Something to buff its utility is firing all 5 at once, though this might need tweaking so its not OP it could also be say 1 second to fire all missiles extremely rapidly.

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR

Last edited by Koadster; 2013-03-30 at 10:53 AM.
Old 2013-03-30, 10:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
And I think with the right armor on your bird it won't do that much damage.
And what armor is that? Composite protects against flack and small arms (that is rifles and AI maxes), nothing else.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2013-03-30, 11:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Hamma
PSU Admin

This thread boils down to:

Mine sucks everyone elses is better.

I love the striker personally.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-03-30, 01:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Timealude
Captain

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post

I know right Hamma? I personally love the Lancer but I guess Im just one of the crazy Vanu on our side.
Old 2013-03-30, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Artimus
Master Sergeant

I don't play TR ever but I can safely say I fear the Striker as my NC character; the missels cleary do more damage then a single shrike shot. If all of them hit you its basically an instant kill.
Old 2013-03-30, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
JesNC
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Rbstr View Post
I don't know why you'd think that. It does less damage than a Deci and even that doesn't two-hit tanks.
No idea if intended sarcasm, but even the default laucher two-hits tanks when shooting the rear armor.
Old 2013-03-30, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post

What? I use it, a lot... I just got my issues with it.
Old 2013-03-30, 02:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Rolfski
Major

The Striker can still be considered a straight upgrade from the Annihilator. 500 damage per rocket is insane as you can fire this 2500 damage clip (more than 2x an Annihilator rocket) very fast.
Old 2013-03-31, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
KodanBlack
Sergeant

Remember folks, no matter what faction you play, or what weapon you have, the other guy or gal ALWAYS has something so overpowered in comparrison that the nerf hammer must fall!

Now, if I could use the nerf hammer as a weapon... Hmm...

Edit/Disclaimer: I've fallen victim to this syndrome on more than one occasion, whined about it, and came to my senses with appropriate counters. I feel everyone's pain when their weapon doesn't seem to be that great. But, remember why: people complain that a moderately good weapon is OP if they're not using it. Therefore, no weapon is made to be good, even in the field that it's supposed to excel in. If it is good, it gets nerfed very quickly, making it only as good as other weapons in the arena it is supposed to be better than other weapons in.

Don't ever think that you're going to get a weapon that's better than what you got. If you do, enjoy it until they nerf it.

Last edited by KodanBlack; 2013-03-31 at 12:17 PM.
Old 2013-03-31, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Oh, I don't think the other empires ESF launchers are all that, in fact.. I really don't care about them. I care about mine, for it's my baby, and it has problems, learning disabilities I believe need correcting.
Old 2013-03-31, 04:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Soothsayer
Contributor
Sergeant Major

I think if the striker relied less on it's unreasonable leading mechanic and was compensated for this "intelligence" by having a faster projectile speed the way that it actually works would be more effective and people would actually see the high DPS numbers people are citing.

As it is now, there are some pretty basic things that can be done to entirely negate it's effectiveness that are happening as a result of poor design implementation.
Old 2013-04-01, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Dragonskin
Major

I love my Striker and this weekend it was my cert generator for sure and I almost got my gold medal for it, but... I have like 9 hours with the weapon now and ESF pilots figured it out for sure. Especially the VS scythes. I've come up against a few pilots that don't even bother to use flares anymore. They seem to be running stealth to delay the lock and then once they are locked they dive at the ground or behind any cover and the rockets hit the ground or cover. I've even had some really ballsy pilots come at me head on, fake dive the rockets off and then rocketpod my butt just to show off.

I don't think the Stiker sucks though. It diffinitely has it's drawbacks. More and more people are running IR smoke... something I have wanted to see for awhile.. so like I said in another thread it's annoying to go up against people with IR Smoke.. but at least they are using it if they want to avoid quick deaths. Wraith flashes are impossible to lock. They just cloak once they are locked and it drops the lock.. not to mention they take the longest to lock by far out of any vehicle in the game. I must have gotten around 2,000 certs this weekend and 98% of those were from the Striker killing vehicles.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion