All roads lead to Freyr - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You have lost control of this vehicle.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-14, 04:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: All roads lead to Freyr

It's simple really, the south-north route through Andvari and north west-north east route through Mani dominate the continent.

This is because of the warpgate locations that make the south east rarely contested in full. Instead, empires move along the west and north side of the map, then bend towards the middle as they meet the warpgate and can't continue forward: hi Freyr.
Old 2013-05-14, 04:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
It's simple really, the south-north route through Andvari and north west-north east route through Mani dominate the continent.

This is because of the warpgate locations that make the south east rarely contested in full. Instead, empires move along the west and north side of the map, then bend towards the middle as they meet the warpgate and can't continue forward: hi Freyr.
That's an excellent summary, thanks.

So what's the simplest way of fixing this? Can we change behaviours by strengthening the defences of some bases and weakening others? Or will nothing short of moving one or more WGs solve this?

Old 2013-05-14, 08:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Figment
Lieutenant General

First analyse the root of the problem further:

They try to apply triangular symmetry on a rectangular continent.

I think the answer is obvious.
Old 2013-05-14, 08:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

If TR is not holding Esamir on Waterson, something is wrong.
Old 2013-05-14, 09:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
First analyse the root of the problem further:

They try to apply triangular symmetry on a rectangular continent.

I think the answer is obvious.
I hear what you're saying, but it's probably a given that they're not going to completely rework the continent just to fix this problem.

That doesn't mean that you can't improve on the current layout though - so got any thoughts on how to do that?

As it stands, I guess we'll just have to hope that the new 'rush lane' system imposes a bit more balance, and maybe funnels more people through Eisa. I just hope SOE realises this is an issue.

Old 2013-05-14, 02:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
MrMak
Sergeant Major

How bout swap the SW warpgate with Eli Amp.
Old 2013-05-14, 07:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
ElSol
Private

Originally Posted by MrMak View Post
How bout swap the SW warpgate with Eli Amp.
That is what I was thinking too. But it would get the SW-W (or S-W then :- ) very close to Eisa Tech. There would be only one base between the Warpgate and Eisa.
You also need to change or move the bases of Everett Supply Co., The Old Shore Checkpoint and The Bullwark, because they would be pretty close to the Warpgate and pretty easy to attack from there.

Another thing that could work is if you, I hope I can explain that understandable, make the hill that is in Aurora Materials go all the way down through Apex Genetics to the little hill in the upper left corner of Eisa. This should "force" the movement from Apex down to Saerro and not to Aurora.

Maybe both together?

And now for something completly different: Make a Summertime Esamir map! Keep it as it is right now. Just melt the ice, let grass and little flowers grow and cute bunnys hopp around that get overun then by a Vanguard that is on its way to cross a bridge (That would make the NW Warpgate stronger but also the NE Warpgate pretty weak I guess).
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion