Amerish 2.0 Feedback thread - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Is keeping me from getting laid
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-02-23, 03:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
almalino
First Sergeant

Re: Amerish 2.0 Feedback thread

Originally Posted by capiqu View Post
So the VS have a constant 40%+ pop on Mattherson just because 40% of people love purple uniforms?
On Miller - I heard it is a biggest PS2 server NC has often a bigger population than VS and TR. Does it prove NC is OP?
Old 2014-02-23, 04:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Plaqueis
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by almalino View Post
On Miller - I heard it is a biggest PS2 server NC has often a bigger population than VS and TR. Does it prove NC is OP?
Yep. On Cobalt it used to be TR, but i think NC has had biggest population lately.. so they're both OP.. i demand TR and NC NERF!
Old 2014-02-23, 05:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
almalino
First Sergeant

I have a feedback on performance. 2 weeks ago I had to lower the settings to Mediuym to get good framerates. Yesterday I played on High and everything was smooth.
Good work SOE.

And I play on good old Radeon 5870
Old 2014-02-23, 05:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Blynd
First Sergeant

I'm liking the new bases, I just hope they don't decide right we will replace all type a bases with type a2.0. Etc cause what's nice about the base design is that its varied rather then a copy paste job and I'd hate to see that happen in further updates to the conts.

I do he to say some of the lattice links are a bit odd but nothing too big and air has always and will always dominate amerish that's the point of th cont to give a bonus to air once captured so ergo air is the main threat on amerish.

Will see how it plays for the next week or so before giving it any real praise but seems like they have done a decent enough job. Roll on Hodson now.
Old 2014-02-25, 02:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Mordelicius
Major

Originally Posted by NUKABAZOOKA View Post
This is just a poorly disguised "Nerf VS" thread.

Also OP:

LOL no....

I've always said many times (check my old threads) that I'm holding off VS criticism until MLG comes (because an MLG-type competition will self-correct the imbalance). They keep saying in 3 months, in 6 months, for a year until MLG plans are no more. Hence, I'm not holding it back any longer

PS. Watch how the VS has been pummeling NC Railjack. It has been out a week and its already pocked with Vanu welts. I expect it to be Phoenix-ed soon.
Old 2014-02-25, 04:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by almalino View Post
No but them winning the domination series on most servers last week does, then having weapons based on being very accurate do (as accuracy is always king), magriders prove it (not stopped by pebbles easy dodging and can get over base defences with ease which no other tank can), their MAX proves it (you need see the TR or NC MAX spam like VS, our MAXs aren't good enough for it to be a valid strategy).
Old 2014-02-25, 10:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Gimpylung
Master Sergeant

Speaking from the perspective of an unashamed magwhore I don't think I'll ever warm to this continent no matter what they do. Sure you can put a mag in a few exploitable locations and skirt passed the odd barrier, but ultimately you just isolate yourself from cover and support and get destroyed by aircraft(and rightly so)

But then I believe it was designed with infantry and air in mind so that's fair enough. It's a latter day Ceryshen from my perspective, least I get the same shiver down my spine when I think about rolling armour on it.

It does appear to have made the Gal drop fashionable again which is a good thing.

So not complaining, glad there's a variety of landscapes to suit different styles of play, just this one don't suit my style.

Anyways, I'll be on Esamir or Indar in a mag most likely trying to avoid MCY libs lol.
Old 2014-02-27, 03:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Cupcakes
Private

I'm really enjoying the new content on Amerish. Sadly the massive pop in Briggs on amerish has moved back to boring old Indar.

ps. The best things in VS are mainly the LMGs and the scythe. That is about it. If anything i think the TR are a much more powerful faction.
Old 2014-02-27, 08:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Vashyo
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Cupcakes View Post
I'm really enjoying the new content on Amerish. Sadly the massive pop in Briggs on amerish has moved back to boring old Indar.

ps. The best things in VS are mainly the LMGs and the scythe. That is about it. If anything i think the TR are a much more powerful faction.
its like de_dust in counter-strike. Everybody likes playing there partly cause they just dominate like 80% of the servers

if you can't beat em, join em
Old 2014-02-27, 07:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Cupcakes View Post
I'm really enjoying the new content on Amerish.
I like a lot of the new base layouts. I don't think I've seen all of them yet. You can see they are making efforts to shield the spawn point from outside barrage at some locations. And in some cases great positioning of the capture points in relation to the spawn points too!

Had a few times where the roads between locations got a bit clogged. But I thought that part was kind of fun actually.
Old 2014-02-28, 03:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Mordelicius
Major

Woof, who made Highroads Station? That was brilliant!

Amerish currently feels like a gem obscured by rocks. They have to open up the lattice a bit. Better yet move the major bases around so they don't choke the flow and become a ping-pong fight between those two.

There are so many chokepoints in close proximity of each other. Why not move the major bases (chokepoints) such as Biolabs and Tech Plants on the periphery just like in Indar.

This is a serious competition to Indarside if they fix the lattice. They also need to look for alternate offroad pathways. There are many areas where the only way to progress is through one path.

For example, what made the Crown so great was the numerous pathways. The Ascent can't be flanked. It's too tedious to go around.

In review:
1) Open the lattice some more. Break some connections and open up some. The problem is fights are being shunted towards major chokepoints and zergs ping-pong back and forth. Alot of these fantastic bases aren't getting enough traffic and attention.

2) Open some offroad options on some paths.
Old 2014-02-28, 08:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by capiqu View Post
So the VS have a constant 40%+ pop on Mattherson just because 40% of people love purple uniforms?
It all goes back the the big mistake of allowing people to play all factions on the same server...
Old 2014-03-02, 06:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
ringring
Contributor
General

I've spent a little while playing Amerish.

Verdict? Great, much better bases.

I've been playing 100% infantry and if I have once concern it is that I would say that aircraft are slightly too powerful with respect to camping.

That mainly is directed towards Liberators. When ESF's are overhead you can chase them away fairly easily bit Libs are pretty tough and just sit there and laugh at you.

ps the alternate teleporter rooms connected to the spawns are working great. They are just far enough away to provide an alternate exit and close enough to support the main spawn if that is camped. As a result you have to be really outpopped to be trapped in the spawns, unless you camped by a lig sitting straight overhead ofc.

Having said that, today I was trapped in a spawn by 5 NC maxes all sitting in the open looking at the exits and all with the max shield showing, they looked evil.
Old 2014-03-03, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Raymondo
Private

I love the new Amerish

Shame most of Mattherson has gone back to just playing on Indar
Old 2014-03-12, 11:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
CraazyCanuck
First Sergeant

While I am really enjoying Amerish overall, having player the western and central lattice routes. Last night we did have an issue defending some bases up the eastenmost lattice. Reason being was the amount of time it took for defenders to get up to ground level as we could not find any teleporters and were forced to use the lift pads to go up. It was the first time our squad had fought there. Either they were well hidden, we were blind as bats, or there were no teleporters to bring you up from the levels below quickly. The lift pads became brutal choke points.

I'm hoping we just missed them.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion