A New System of Defense. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hemi powered
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-07, 08:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Mydis
Corporal

Ok, one outfit controling a whole continent might be a bit unrealistic. I just listed it as a possibility.

Im not saying that there should be any regonition of the game it's self that officially makes a base owned by an outfit. This would be something developed, run, and recognized only by the players themselves.

Looking at it, Ill admit, it does sound a bit idealistic. I doubt that it would work as clean cut as I described it. The way I describe it is the way it would work in a perfect game.

That said, the underlining principles are still there: Outfits communicating for a better defence, not just random skirmishes and repeatedly walking into near-empty bases again and again in a never ending cycle of too much offence vs. no defence. Outifts taking it personal when their base is captured. The function of outfits being more meaningfull than just the guys you always squad with.
Old 2003-04-07, 08:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Synergy
Sergeant

i would love this idea and make it so they have to recapture their base within 48 hours or the outfit gets auto disbanned. Also the base would be bound to the outfit as a spawn point and have their symbol painted on the base walls. Only reason i like this idea so much is because i love having wars and this would provide a means of doing that with actual consequences for losing thus causing you to think twice before really starting crap with other clans. Also put another 24 hour timer before the clan be remade thus also clearing out the inactives and unloyal people. I know that this does seem extreme and only for the power gamers but i'm one so my view is a bit skewed .
also bases could be shared if a couple of outfits really want to be protected.
Old 2003-04-08, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Synergy
Sergeant

The administrator has specified that you can only edit messages for 1440 minutes after you have posted. This limit has expired, so you must contact the administrator to make alterations on your message.

lol what kinda random number is that
We're working hard to get the patch out tonight...despite the fact that we're essentially starting from scratch at 9:30 in the evening.
Heh. Dedicated? Insane? You decide. But we're doing it.

No ETA...but our goal is "before Dawn".
Old 2003-04-08, 03:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
balab
Sergeant

don't think there's a need to add special feature such as this. an outfit can simply use a base as a meeting place. the bases are also probably big enough so few outfits can share. i don't see a need to put a flag up in the air and say "All your base are belong to us".

also, if there's no bonus associated w/ base ownerships, the hype would die down pretty fast. if there was bonus associated w/ ownerships, that would add a brand new variable to the balance issue.

what i forsee, more likely, is base/outpost protection assigned to major outfits. not as part of the game, but just as mutual understanding between outfits and alliances.

then again, all this is speculation
Old 2003-04-08, 03:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
BeerJedi
Sergeant

Originally posted by Seer
so Keep It Simple, Stupid.
Reminds me of a Jimmy Buffett Song. Meanwhile, I am very curious to how Outfits will playout with bases. Yeah, a large outfit could claim a series of bases, but it will get jumbled a lot of your empire suddenly finds themselves on the wrong end of a very successful advance.

I've not had the opportunity to play the game or read up on every detail, but this is looking like a great game and i like discussions like this.
Old 2003-04-08, 04:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Kyonye
Contributor
General

the idea would never work. no more is needed to be said.

<Smaug> omg kyonye is hot
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion