News: Death is No Excuse Full Length Trailer - Page 20 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Because life can wait.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-26, 01:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #286
Galzus
Corporal

Re: Death is No Excuse Full Length Trailer

NC accomplishing little with overly dramatic combat... check
TR getting annihilated... check
VS being super efficient... check

Pretty good trailer.
Old 2012-07-26, 01:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #287
Chinchy
Staff Sergeant

I can explain the TR's failure! It was our Marcov division.
Old 2012-07-26, 01:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #288
MGP
Sergeant

Guess SOE team really hate TR. I hope they won't gimp them too much in game. I hope for fair challenge. Not just being slaughtered by superior NC and VS weaponry.
Old 2012-07-26, 01:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #289
Ratstomper
Major

Originally Posted by OnexBigxHebrew View Post
You seem to be reading waaaay too far into this.

Here's the deal. Massive games like PS2 have kind of wonky, funny looking dated animations to make the whole thing possible. The trailer is intended to generate interest without turning anyone off through gameplay videos that may not look as crisp as other, single-player shooters.

If you don't believe me, look at the factions trailer. The animations are dated. This is especially evident when they show animations from a non-first person perspective. As someone who has been playing newer games lately, I noticed it right of the bat, even after watching all of the alpha footage. I'm okay with this, though, because I love the concept of the game, and I know it'll deliver. Those who haven't looked too far into the concept of the game, however, may be very intrigued by this cgi trailer.

Remember, PS2 already had the attention of EVERYONE here. The trailer is meant to get NEW people, not make all of the PSU community feel validated in their gaming choices.

All of that was unnecessary for me to say though, because the trailer is so totally fucking awesome and full of faction hype that it validated itself.

What does any of what I said have to do with in-game animations? I'm just saying they should have used that cinematic licence to show something other than one NC LA for 4 mins. Where are the sniper infiltrators? Where are the medics and engineers? Were are all the classes and vehicles working together to achieve a goal? I think I saw a MAX for a fraction of a second. Why didn't they have these in the cinematic? Why are the TR being slaughtered? Why are all the damn VS infiltrators chicks? Why didn't they include all the aspects that make PS2 better than other modern shooters?

The visuals were amazing, but if I didn't know anything about Planetside, I would think this was a single-player console game. It looks like you play a jetpack soldier and fight future nazis and robot ninjas who are all inexplicably female. It doesn't say anything about the game itself, except that you can play as an NC with a jetpack and kill red and purple people. They failed to capitalize on their game's features and that is massively unfortunate, because they're only drawing in one type of player and that player isn't as likely to stick around when they realize what the game ACTUALLY is.

Last edited by Ratstomper; 2012-07-26 at 01:32 AM.
Old 2012-07-26, 01:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #290
Bags
Lieutenant General

I agree with rat.
Old 2012-07-26, 01:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #291
Kemeros
Private

Epic trailer.

As a Vanu, i can't complain, we got some sweet sweet sugar and our superiority was shown in all it's glory. TR we're not prepared enough for this fight clearly. They'll be back though. NC fought valiantly but they can't match our cunning and might.

Now how about we recreate this video in-game for the giggles when the beta starts? That would be sweet.

Edit: Oh shush with the QQs. One week before beta. If you think the trailer is wrong, prove it on the battlefield.

Last edited by Kemeros; 2012-07-26 at 01:32 AM.
Old 2012-07-26, 01:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #292
Gunnarr
Private

Hot Ninja chicks for all VS? HELL YEA
Old 2012-07-26, 01:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #293
Impen
Private

Originally Posted by LZachariah View Post
Dawn of War II (Trailer) - YouTube

THIS is an excellent example of a balanced, action-packed trailer that equally showcases all factions in tiny, exciting snapshots. In this trailer (which was for Dawn of War II) it doesn't matter who you're rooting for or what your favorite unit is; every person watching gets a moment of awesomeness.

~Zachariah
There's a distinct lack of GREEN in this trailer.
Old 2012-07-26, 01:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #294
Timealude
Captain

they said the reason they didnt feature all 3 empires is because if they did it that way it would have been too hard to follow as i said before this is just an eye grabber, the whole point isnt to be like heres this faction and theres that one and that one. its meant to attract people to look into the game more and it works. like it or not these kind of trailers actually do bring more people to the game and sorry to say this but we need more players as many as we can get interested in this game and thats what this trailer is designed to do.
Old 2012-07-26, 01:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #295
Grimster
First Lieutenant

I find it a bit amusing that people are whining over that their faction is not represented properly on a CGI animated trailer.

To be honest I was too busy with the awesomeness of the trailer to even notice which faction got the most screen time.
NEED UPDATES!
Old 2012-07-26, 01:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #296
Harasus
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Timealude View Post
they said the reason they didnt feature all 3 empires is because if they did it that way it would have been too hard to follow...
People have linked other trailers here, featuring 3 (or more) factions being shown at once in a trailer without it being "too hard to follow".
Old 2012-07-26, 01:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #297
Zulthus
Colonel

God damn, that was beautiful.
Old 2012-07-26, 01:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #298
Harasus
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Grimster View Post
I find it a bit amusing that people are whining over that their faction is not represented properly on a CGI animated trailer.

To be honest I was too busy with the awesomeness of the trailer to even notice which faction got the most screen time.
You have a nice NC logo on the right of your post, I can really feel how neutral you are.
Old 2012-07-26, 01:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #299
snaffe
Sergeant

Too much lone hero focus in my opinion. The video should have had text like "2000 player battles" etc. 3 factions etc.

Last edited by snaffe; 2012-07-26 at 01:44 AM.
Old 2012-07-26, 01:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #300
Timealude
Captain

Originally Posted by Harasus View Post
People have linked other trailers here, featuring 3 (or more) factions being shown at once in a trailer without it being "too hard to follow".
and they were nice but the thing is its not going to grab peoples attention, im just saying these kind of trailers generate sales and sales are what is needed to keep a company running. look at swtor granted the game failed but look how much money it generated and how much hype it was giving because of that trailer.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion