What we know about Beta. - Page 21 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Your sig has been pre-axed.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-28, 09:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #301
Toppopia
Major

Re: What we know about Beta.

Do we know if there is any easy way of relaying where you are located to your teammates? Like in Cod games the map had a grid reference but was almost useless, wish it was in Battlefield actually, would have made more sense. Or do we have to try to guess where we are on the map?
Old 2012-04-28, 09:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #302
JPalmer
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Toppopia View Post
Do we know if there is any easy way of relaying where you are located to your teammates? Like in Cod games the map had a grid reference but was almost useless, wish it was in Battlefield actually, would have made more sense. Or do we have to try to guess where we are on the map?
On the map friendlies will be green. People in your squad will be another color and people in your Outfit(Guild) will be another color than that. SO squad up with buddies and you are good to go.
Old 2012-04-28, 10:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #303
Santo Ozwego
Private

My prediction:

---PS2 Beta, Spring of 2013---

My reason:

---Beta's are coming out of the wazoo at the moment. Even further into this year, closer to Holidays and what not, the possibility of a new console launch from Microsoft, as well as Halo 4; possibly a new Playstation console; hell, maybe even China's new CXp13 4000 will even make an apperence in the states. Not to mention the highly anticipated Preseditental Election (think Kerry/Bush)..

---Basically, too many uncertentites are present in the future of this year. It's like a media/marketing A-bomb lurking with a tattoo on its face which reads "this year...sooooon!"

---Once this year has passed, and hopefully the world shall still remain, we should begin to see some solid signs for a Beta release.

---IMO of course---
Old 2012-04-28, 10:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #304
JPalmer
Master Sergeant

Beta in 2013? With them saying that E3 will be huge for PS2 and all the tweets from the official twitter saying soon. I think we will be seeing it within a month.

You have to remember this game is free to play so it really doesn't matter when they release it. All they have to do is do another advertising campaign when ever they want a influx of new players. Benefit of it being completely free.

Oh and have you seen the latest screenies of the game? I am surprised we aren't already playing the full version as I type this.
Old 2012-04-28, 11:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #305
Toppopia
Major

Originally Posted by JPalmer View Post
Beta in 2013? With them saying that E3 will be huge for PS2 and all the tweets from the official twitter saying soon. I think we will be seeing it within a month.

You have to remember this game is free to play so it really doesn't matter when they release it. All they have to do is do another advertising campaign when ever they want a influx of new players. Benefit of it being completely free.

Oh and have you seen the latest screenies of the game? I am surprised we aren't already playing the full version as I type this.
What would be funny is that the places they have shown us is the only part of the map that is actually made, so thats why they can't release it yet
Old 2012-04-29, 02:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #306
The Kush
Captain

Originally Posted by Santo Ozwego View Post
My prediction:

---PS2 Beta, Spring of 2013---

My reason:

---Beta's are coming out of the wazoo at the moment. Even further into this year, closer to Holidays and what not, the possibility of a new console launch from Microsoft, as well as Halo 4; possibly a new Playstation console; hell, maybe even China's new CXp13 4000 will even make an apperence in the states. Not to mention the highly anticipated Preseditental Election (think Kerry/Bush)..

---Basically, too many uncertentites are present in the future of this year. It's like a media/marketing A-bomb lurking with a tattoo on its face which reads "this year...sooooon!"

---Once this year has passed, and hopefully the world shall still remain, we should begin to see some solid signs for a Beta release.

---IMO of course---
No. This is the exact opposite of what the current hints point towards. They wouldnt say soon and wait a year, thats plain stupid.
Old 2012-04-29, 04:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #307
RanCorXII
Private

it's not going to come in 2013, that's just silly.

will have forgotten about this game by then if we're still waiting for a beta.

my bet is may.

i hope.
Old 2012-04-29, 04:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #308
Toppopia
Major

If this comes out on December 20th then my year will have been worth it, unless it turns out doomsday theories were true, but the most that will happen is that everyone will riot and panic then the day will come and nothing will happen, but while this is happening i will be playing Planetside 2 and thinking. "Huh, you silly people, you are missing out on the glory that is Planetside 2, the best MMOFPS ever!!!"
Old 2012-04-29, 11:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #309
davek
Private

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
Interesting.

If you do it like firefall with specific days for testing, I don't think I'd be interested because it's too damn hard for me to test something I can only test for specific hours on specific days, it feels prohibited.
fire fall is 24/7 BTW now
Old 2012-04-29, 08:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #310
Santo Ozwego
Private

Originally Posted by The Kush View Post
No. This is the exact opposite of what the current hints point towards. They wouldnt say soon and wait a year, thats plain stupid.
I wouldn't say stupid as much as I would say smart. It's easy if you think about it. Beta is part testing, part marketing with heavier weight given to the marketing side. Granted, I myself have never been apart of a PC Beta before, and hopefully, this one, but I doubt the majority of people playing the Beta are playing for the problem scouting as much as the glory of gaining a head start on the games mechanics and such.

I hope I am wrong about this, but the E3 announcement could be anything. To us the 'big' announcement is Beta, but what could the word 'big' be interpreted as coming from the developers point of view? Summer vacation?

Sorry if this bursts anyone's bubble. Go Vanu
Old 2012-04-29, 11:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #311
JPalmer
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Santo Ozwego View Post
I wouldn't say stupid as much as I would say smart. It's easy if you think about it. Beta is part testing, part marketing with heavier weight given to the marketing side. Granted, I myself have never been apart of a PC Beta before, and hopefully, this one, but I doubt the majority of people playing the Beta are playing for the problem scouting as much as the glory of gaining a head start on the games mechanics and such.

I hope I am wrong about this, but the E3 announcement could be anything. To us the 'big' announcement is Beta, but what could the word 'big' be interpreted as coming from the developers point of view? Summer vacation?

Sorry if this bursts anyone's bubble. Go Vanu
For one this beta will be huge for testing. How else are they going to find out the stress on their servers? A bad launch? No, they are going to test it.

Surprisingly that is the point of open betas. Yes people get to play, but it's a benefit to the Planetside 2 team as they get valuable data. All the PS1 vets and people who care will be giving feedback and reporting bugs. That is why they are giving people who go out of their way to participate early access.

This game isn't a year away, take a look at the recent screen shots and follow some of the guys on twitter. The general vibe I get from them is that beta is just around the corner and they can not wait to let us in on the action.
Old 2012-04-30, 01:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #312
Minor
Corporal

Beta can't be coming out in 2013 cus thats when darkmilleniumonline will come out.

Also, I read from page 1 to 11 litteraly because I have no life, then jumped to page 22 where people were still wondering when beta would come out.

Planetside 2 is going to make like DC universe did, except people won't quit out of boredom this time.

Also, I would much prefer having the game released than hoping to be let into beta. I'm actually sick of reading about beta.
Old 2012-04-30, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #313
Qwan
Captain

I can wait, i still have BF3 and Diablo 3 and tera online im warm and fuzzy at the moment
Old 2012-04-30, 01:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #314
Bags
Lieutenant General

>in march, multiple devs say people will be let in beta in "The next couple/few months"
>people extimate 2013 beta

lolwut?
Old 2012-04-30, 01:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #315
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
>in march, multiple devs say people will be let in beta in "The next couple/few months"
>people extimate 2013 beta

lolwut?
Can never be disappointed if you are pessimist regardless of info .
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion