harrasser proves dedicated driver is great - Page 21 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Welcome to ur distruction.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-23, 07:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #301
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: harrasser proves dedicated driver is great

Originally Posted by Landtank View Post
The reason this issue has never gained more traction is because the majority of people do not agree with you.
And right here is where I completely disagree with you. I have 100+ members in my outfit that would love to see Multi-Crewed tanks make a return. We have had extensive talks about this. Nobody likes this battlefield solo tanker BS we have now.

Old 2013-06-23, 10:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #302
MrMak
Sergeant Major

the issue with swaping the guns on the magrider is that it doesnt achieve anything becouse it still would have 2 players while the Prowler and Vanguard would have 3 andsecondaries such as the Walker and Ranger wouldnt be exactly poptimal in a fixed forward slot. Gettign rid of the forwar fixed gun i nfavour of a standard turret config ould take away from what makes the tank unique and get rid of its primary disadvantage blancing it's ability to strafe (and climb walls).

The only way I can think of to make it work is giving the main gun the ability to move side to side a bit without a full turret, kind of like a World War II tank destoryer. Of course then gunners could complain they are too dependant on the river to aim.

So while the Prowler and Vanguard are a simple matter overhauling the magrider in any of thep ossible way s will piss someone off.

Option number 3 would be to give the drivers on all 3 tanks a second secondary (tertiary?) weapon. A fixed, hull mounted, version of the secondaries, but limited to universal (Basilisk) and anti infantry options. There would stil lbe the issue of balancing the fact the magridercould strafe AND have a turret.

Last edited by MrMak; 2013-06-23 at 10:50 AM.
Old 2013-06-23, 10:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #303
omega four
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hmr85 View Post
And right here is where I completely disagree with you. I have 100+ members in my outfit that would love to see Multi-Crewed tanks make a return. We have had extensive talks about this. Nobody likes this battlefield solo tanker BS we have now.
Your 100+ member outfit is not indicative of how the majority of PS2 gamers feel about multicrewed tanks.

As a casual gamer, who is representative of the largest gaming demographic of PS2 and games in general, I can tell you that I thoroughly enjoy using tanks that I can drive and gun with at the same time.

Yes, I can do it with the Lightning. But it's more fun to do it with a heavy tank. SOE knows how we feel about this issue and that's why they don't require heavy tanks to have crews.

If anything else, SOE KNOWS how to appeal to the masses and largest demographic of gamers (i.e. casual gamers). It's why PS2 looks more like BF3 and less like PS1.
Old 2013-06-23, 11:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #304
moosepoop
Captain

Originally Posted by omega four View Post
Your 100+ member outfit is not indicative of how the majority of PS2 gamers feel about multicrewed tanks.
LOL

As a casual gamer, who is representative of the largest gaming demographic of PS2 and games in general, I can tell you that I thoroughly enjoy using tanks that I can drive and gun with at the same time.
as a casual gamer and hardcore BF3 player I can tell you I enjoy crewed MBT tanks, and Bf3 players enjoy multi crewed tanks.

Last edited by moosepoop; 2013-06-23 at 12:27 PM.
Old 2013-06-23, 12:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #305
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

I would absolutely love to see a three man variant on the vanguard. With the new resource costs it makes sense to spread that cost out three ways and it would be a lot of fun as well.
Old 2013-06-23, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #306
omega four
Staff Sergeant

I would be open to crewed variants of heavy tanks so long as it didn't eliminate solo operated heavy tanks and impede my ability to drive and gun a heavy tank by myself.

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
I would absolutely love to see a three man variant on the vanguard. With the new resource costs it makes sense to spread that cost out three ways and it would be a lot of fun as well.
Old 2013-06-23, 12:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #307
MrMak
Sergeant Major

Or....this might sound crazy but bare with me....use the light tank..... which realy isnt that much diferent.
Old 2013-06-23, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #308
omega four
Staff Sergeant

No, I think SOE is best served by introducing a crewed heavy tank variant.

It'll be just one more thing that SOE can sell accessories for in exchange for real world money.

It's a win/win/win proposition. You get your crewed heavy tank. I get my solo heavy tank. And SOE gets to make even more money farming PS2 gamers.

I never understood why all the crewed tank proponents are dead set on not allowing others to use solo heavy tanks as well. Everyone gets what they want.

Originally Posted by MrMak View Post
Or....this might sound crazy but bare with me....use the light tank..... which realy isnt that much diferent.
Old 2013-06-23, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #309
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Once again.

The best solution ias to simply make the secondary gun roughly equal to the primary gun.

That way both the driver driver has fun being a big part of the shooting action and yet he still feels that the crew is vital.

This is an obvious solution - but the 3 or 4 whiners here dont want it because its not exactly how PS1 was.
Old 2013-06-23, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #310
moosepoop
Captain

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
Once again.

The best solution ias to simply make the secondary gun roughly equal to the primary gun.

That way both the driver driver has fun being a big part of the shooting action and yet he still feels that the crew is vital.

the secondary gun is already as powerful as the main gun.
Old 2013-06-23, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #311
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by MrMak View Post
the issue with swaping the guns on the magrider is that it doesnt achieve anything becouse it still would have 2 players while the Prowler and Vanguard would have 3 andsecondaries such as the Walker and Ranger wouldnt be exactly poptimal in a fixed forward slot.
Actually, I figured the Drivers of Vanguards and Prowlers would get the Secondary Gun as well, and I'd be more worried about weapons like the Halbert then the AA Guns on the Magrider...
I mean, AA Guns have to have a high traverse anyways, so the only real down side is the need to keep the whole tank pointed at the target.

The Halbert and PPA on the other hand might be a different story...

Yes, I can do it with the Lightning. But it's more fun to do it with a heavy tank. SOE knows how we feel about this issue and that's why they don't require heavy tanks to have crews.
...You know how I said that I like you...

...I don't anymore.
Old 2013-06-23, 02:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #312
omega four
Staff Sergeant

LOL. No worries. I'm sure I'll find something to say that we both agree on again and then I'll be back in your good graces...

Originally Posted by Whiteagle View Post

...You know how I said that I like you...

...I don't anymore.
Old 2013-06-23, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #313
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I would be open to crewed variants of heavy tanks so long as it didn't eliminate solo operated heavy tanks and impede my ability to drive and gun a heavy tank by myself.
Lightning, it's been waiting for you.

Old 2013-06-23, 03:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #314
omega four
Staff Sergeant

You can have the Lightning. I've got the solo operated heavy tank to play with, thank you very much.

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
Lightning, it's been waiting for you.
Old 2013-06-23, 03:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #315
Rolfski
Major

Just when you think you've discussed this tiring crewed mbt subject to the death in another exhaustive Harrasser thread, someone thinks it's a good idea to necro another Harasser topic and start the circus all over again.

I'm really starting to wonder what's more to say about this that hasn't been said before. Some people like it, some people don't, nothing you can really change about that. Keep bringing it up for the sake of keep bringing it up doesn't make the discussion particularly more interesting.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion