What we know about Beta. - Page 22 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Dolphin safe
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-30, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #316
BloodySoul
Corporal

Re: What we know about Beta.

i hope it comes out on my birthday may 20th. that would be boss.
Old 2012-05-01, 12:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #317
The Kush
Captain

Originally Posted by Santo Ozwego View Post
I wouldn't say stupid as much as I would say smart. It's easy if you think about it. Beta is part testing, part marketing with heavier weight given to the marketing side. Granted, I myself have never been apart of a PC Beta before, and hopefully, this one, but I doubt the majority of people playing the Beta are playing for the problem scouting as much as the glory of gaining a head start on the games mechanics and such.

I hope I am wrong about this, but the E3 announcement could be anything. To us the 'big' announcement is Beta, but what could the word 'big' be interpreted as coming from the developers point of view? Summer vacation?

Sorry if this bursts anyone's bubble. Go Vanu
Sorry to let you down again but your wrong. The main focus of beta is TESTING. The marketing aspect is just a bonus, but there is other marketing options that make a way bigger impact then a beta. The whole reason for the beta is so devs can get priceless information regarding their game before they release it to the masses. And no they wouldn't say "beta in the near future" and wait till next year. No one is that stupid, the near future is not a year away.

Last edited by The Kush; 2012-05-01 at 12:19 AM.
Old 2012-05-01, 12:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #318
JPalmer
Master Sergeant

It's a new month lets hope for some news. Even the vaguest of kind!
Old 2012-05-01, 01:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #319
Lokster
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by JPalmer View Post
It's a new month lets hope for some news. Even the vaguest of kind!
Seriously. Hopefully May is the month we have been waiting for ...
Old 2012-05-01, 08:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #320
Katanauk
Corporal

Misc Info

This is the month. It is. Bloody hell please, let it be.

I've resorted to Battlefield 3. But it's just not the same
Old 2012-05-01, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #321
Santo Ozwego
Private

Originally Posted by The Kush View Post
Sorry to let you down again but your wrong. The main focus of beta is TESTING. The marketing aspect is just a bonus, but there is other marketing options that make a way bigger impact then a beta. The whole reason for the beta is so devs can get priceless information regarding their game before they release it to the masses. And no they wouldn't say "beta in the near future" and wait till next year. No one is that stupid, the near future is not a year away.
The near future is subjective. It could mean as much as 10 years depending on the context. Obviously in this situation, 10 years is a bit much, but I have seen MANY a game fall to the carrot on the stick routine for more than two years with the "near future" tool.

Granted, I suggest not that this game shall take two years, just pointing out that this year has plenty of distractions, outside of the gaming world, which should prove to pull away attention in vast degrees, making the PlanetSide devs reconsider their Beta launch for early 2013.

Once again, hope I'm wrong.
Old 2012-05-01, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #322
Shlomoshun
Private

Assuming that the 'E3 will be big' comment still holds, I'd say the recent radio silence in terms of updates and marketing material is leading more and more to a Beta announcement not coming this month, but coming at E3. That put's closed beta starting in mid-June-September, and depending on that, either a best case launch near Christmas, or later depending on how it goes. Personal prediction is we won't see an official launch until 2013, unfortunately.
Old 2012-05-01, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #323
Artimus
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Katanauk View Post
This is the month. It is. Bloody hell please, let it be.

I've resorted to Battlefield 3. But it's just not the same
BF3 just ain't cuttin it no more..
Old 2012-05-01, 08:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #324
Crazyduckling
First Sergeant

Hey guys. Here's my new theory:

Beta will happen around the weekend of May 19th.

1. Planetside's 9 year anniversary.
2. E3 is supposedly going to be a big time for the PS2 community/beta (or something like that)*
2. T-Ray's tweeted at someone saying that he'd miss beta if he couldn't play in May. (i think or something)*
4. They just showed off the forgelight logo. I take this to mean they're putting together the beginning splash screen (what I would assume to be one of the final things they would add before beta).
5. They devs just keep tweeting things like "Planetside 2 is so awesome" and thats it.
6. They are putting in ridiculously long hours. 16 hour days for some of the devs, and they keep calling it crunch time. Crunch time can last a while, but to be putting in those hours and have beta be a long time away seems weird to me. They've been putting in these long days for weeks now. (disregard the tweet from Higby that said something about milestone reviews that happened right after I posted this)
7. Higby's hair is starting to get long. Look at the lastest Tie Day Friday pic.

This is indisputable evidence** that beta will happen around the weekend of May 19th.

I skipped the number three, just in case they pull a Valve.

*I'm too lazy to look up sources. Deal with it.
**You really shouldn't listen to me.

Last edited by Crazyduckling; 2012-05-01 at 08:56 PM.
Old 2012-05-01, 09:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #325
Santo Ozwego
Private

Thumbs up Re: What we know about Beta.

Originally Posted by Crazyduckling View Post

2. E3 is supposedly going to be a big time for the PS2 community/beta (or something like that)*
2. T-Ray's tweeted at someone saying that he'd miss beta if he couldn't play in May. (i think or something)*
4. They just showed off the forgelight logo. I take this to mean they're putting together the beginning splash screen (what I would assume to be one of the final things they would add before beta).
5. They devs just keep tweeting things like "Planetside 2 is so awesome" and thats it.
6. They are putting in ridiculously long hours. 16 hour days for some of the devs, and they keep calling it crunch time. Crunch time can last a while, but to be putting in those hours and have beta be a long time away seems weird to me. They've been putting in these long days for weeks now. (disregard the tweet from Higby that said something about milestone reviews that happened right after I posted this)
7. Higby's hair is starting to get long. Look at the lastest Tie Day Friday pic.

This is indisputable evidence** that beta will happen around the weekend of May 19th.

I like your prediction better than mine
Old 2012-05-01, 11:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #326
NCLynx
Major

You might be on to something.

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
Old 2012-05-02, 12:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #327
The Kush
Captain

Hmm very interesting. Best lead we have so far.
Old 2012-05-02, 08:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #328
Katanauk
Corporal

Misc Info

Originally Posted by The Kush View Post
Hmm very interesting. Best lead we have so far.

His (very logical and clever) theory is now considered a lead. This is how excited and desperate we are. I bet the devs are lovin it.
Old 2012-05-02, 09:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #329
Xyntech
Brigadier General

I see no flaws with this post and now consider it gospel.

Better stock up on supplies and sever all connections with the outside world. No leaving the house come the 19th.

Last edited by Xyntech; 2012-05-02 at 09:31 AM.
Old 2012-05-02, 10:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #330
Katanauk
Corporal

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
I see no flaws with this post and now consider it gospel.

Better stock up on supplies and sever all connections with the outside world. No leaving the house come the 19th.

PS_tray has just said on twitter ps2 will be fully playable and ready to rock for e3!!!
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion