Official PS Wish List - Page 24 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Open late so you can eat great!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-02, 09:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #346
Paingiver
Second Lieutenant

i think that powerful, long range controlled missles fired from a certain vehicle would be sweet. It would be a good version of a cruise missle, imagine seeing a v formation of those comin at ya!
Old 2003-09-02, 09:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #347
Paingiver
Second Lieutenant

I think there should be hiddn caves and stuff throughout auraxis where outfits could have as a hedquaters, all the members of the outfit could be able to spawn there and the place would be hidden and could be claimed by the outfit that found it and captured it. There could be equipment terminals and such, this would be the base of operations for every outfit. The caves or caverns could be hidden inside small lakes where a person would have to into the the water and then go through a tunnel to get to the hq, i dunno about you, but i think it would be sweet.
Old 2003-09-03, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #348
SecondRaven
Contributor
Major

You will get your caves in corecombat...i Dont know about the rest though
Old 2003-09-03, 02:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #349
ZEU5
Private

I know this post is a little late but in response to:

"Radar towers would have much bigger range. I don�t know if you ever played Total Annihilation on-line but if you did you would know what I am talking about. Radar and radar jamming plays a huge tactical part particularly once you introduce artillery and other long range weaponry into the game."

We have radar with a much bigger range...it's called "Show Enemies" on your command uplink device.

Get some CR...it adds a whole new dimension to the game...and there's even jamming to hide yourself (or convoy) from the show enemies.
Old 2003-09-03, 03:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #350
Paingiver
Second Lieutenant

i still hink that long ranged cruise missles would be cool.
Old 2003-09-03, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #351
Ravenblade
Corporal

I think hidden Outfit HQs would be cool, but they should have an entrance that is only accessible by vehicles, like a hole in the side of the mountain or in the ground or something. If it wasn't only accessible by vehicles, people would say "I'm going in this way, screw the awesome underwater passage"
The darkness dwells in Durin's halls;
The shadow lies upon his tomb
In Moria, in Khazad-d�m.
But still the sunken stars appear
In dark and windless Mirrormere;
There lies his crown in water deep,
Till Durin wakes again from sleep.

-=< The Lone Boar >=-
Old 2003-09-03, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #352
Ravenblade
Corporal

I think that they should have a spot in the sanctuary where u can go and have knife duels without getting grief. I also think they should have Empire-Specific swords that do 1 or 2 hit kills. They would take up a rifle slot so infils couldn't carry them. They would also be longer.
The darkness dwells in Durin's halls;
The shadow lies upon his tomb
In Moria, in Khazad-d�m.
But still the sunken stars appear
In dark and windless Mirrormere;
There lies his crown in water deep,
Till Durin wakes again from sleep.

-=< The Lone Boar >=-
Old 2003-09-04, 09:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #353
Ziegfried
Private

I dont know if any one has already said this because im not prepeared to look through 23 pages of this so heres my thought.

I think medics and engineers should get exp for healing and reaparing stuff. Not lots so that they raise ranks quicker but some at least. Like in Delta Force Black Hawk down medics got exp for reviving preople.
Old 2003-09-04, 08:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #354
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

Hmm, you know, if a Combat Engineer stays on a continent, and his mines, boomers, or spitfires kill anyone, they get the experiance for it. Maybe Advanced Medics should get experiance for reviving people. A Meds have a problem with people clicking respawn right away. Me, if I know I have an A med in my team, I'm waiting. So maybe A meds SHOULD get experiance for reviving.
Old 2003-09-04, 09:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #355
Paingiver
Second Lieutenant

i still think that camera guided missles fired from planes would be cool, or emire specific planes, for example the teran republic plane would be a heavy gunship with a minigun on it, large ammo supply, and fast fining rate, the vanu plane would be very fast and nimble, would fire orbs that did splash damge on ground(their version of rocket), the nc plane could be slow, but have a lot of firepower, with tons of rockets and anti infantry weopons. Also empire specifc special assault would be cool.
Old 2003-09-05, 04:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #356
Ziegfried
Private

Na the NC plane would be an X-wing
Old 2003-09-05, 09:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #357
TheEvilBlight
Private

Deployable mortars. Some poor bastard has to crouch and deploy a mortar (probably the 60mm "Commando Mortar" type, rather then the heavier 82s or 120mm, which is overkill anyways). Mortar would have some good range a bit beyond LOS. Thus a mortar could easily hide and shell a area, but needs a observer, like a sniper. Mortars would probably need a muzzle blast and a flash thing so that defenders have a fair chance to nab them. Mortars would have to be fairly large, and could probably use various ammunition. The mortar could be loud, but making its flight trajectory glow might be a little useless: everyone would run like heck and the mortars would hit nothing. And audible warning might be the best way to go, audible when it's right on top of its blast area.

The mortar could have several modes: airburst and impact. Airburst would detonate a bit above the ground, and for conventional shells, shrapnel a area. For other rounds it would increase damage radius and lower damage in general. For ground impact, lowers the damage radius to normal and maximises damage.
Old 2003-09-05, 05:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #358
Otis
Master Sergeant

Here's something for all you people who like to have fun TKing with your budies. There should be an Olympic continent. CTF areas, knife areanas, acuracy competitions. Outfits can organize competitions against eachother. People could come here anytime they want. You could enter a non-grief contract while your there so you can kill you buddies. Every month or so the Devs could have an "Auraxis Olympics" where theres all kinds of competitions. It wouldn't fit into the story line though, "Today we discovered a whole new continent, where we all group of for some good'ol fun." It would be an awsome edition though.
Old 2003-09-05, 06:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #359
VashTheStamped
Major

Misc Info

Originally posted by Otis
Here's something for all you people who like to have fun TKing with your budies. There should be an Olympic continent.
That would be SO awesome!!.........probobly will never happen tho...
Old 2003-09-06, 12:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #360
Otis
Master Sergeant

Originally posted by VashTheStamped
That would be SO awesome
I know
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion