harrasser proves dedicated driver is great - Page 26 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Our Marketing Department Crashed :(
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-24, 11:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #376
Shogun
Contributor
General

Re: harrasser proves dedicated driver is great

yeah, putting that 5 year old "mature business expert" on ignore is certainly the only way to get this discussion back on topic and constructive again. so cya (not)

congratulations, you won the internet!

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-06-24, 07:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #377
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by omega four View Post
I love how some young gamers compare playing games to investment meetings. Classic!
I love how some random person on an internet forum tries so hard not to come across as a 15 yr old with no standing in any circle of import despite trying to ascribe concepts in business that do not apply to the relationship between Sony and SOE. SOE is autonomous from Sony in all of the important ways. To the Sony shareholders, SOE is just a division that is either making money or it isn't. The actual decisions SOE makes never make it to the shareholder meetings as anything other than a brief in a folder unless they present a significant item for the verbal presentation's minutes.

Oh, and the resorting to ad hominem and straw mans are getting old.

Last edited by Baneblade; 2013-06-24 at 07:52 PM.
Old 2013-06-24, 08:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #378
omega four
Staff Sergeant

You really have no idea what you're talking about when you say that SOE is autonomous from Sony in all of the important ways.

Stick to talking about games. At least you know something about that.

And with that, I'm off this forum. There are too many young, immature, childish kids around here. Guess I was wrong when I thought they'd only stay on the official PS2 forums.

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
I love how some random person on an internet forum tries so hard not to come across as a 15 yr old with no standing in any circle of import despite trying to ascribe concepts in business that do not apply to the relationship between Sony and SOE. SOE is autonomous from Sony in all of the important ways. To the Sony shareholders, SOE is just a division that is either making money or it isn't. The actual decisions SOE makes never make it to the shareholder meetings as anything other than a brief in a folder unless they present a significant item for the verbal presentation's minutes.

Oh, and the resorting to ad hominem and straw mans are getting old.

Last edited by omega four; 2013-06-24 at 08:17 PM.
Old 2013-06-24, 08:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #379
moosepoop
Captain

-claims to be "mature"
- says ps2 should be more like bf3

LOL
Old 2013-06-24, 10:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #380
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

You really have no idea what you're talking about when you say that SOE is autonomous from Sony in all of the important ways.
Do me a favor and ask John Smedley how many times he has to call Kazuo Hirai for permission to do... anything.

You obviously have negative zero experience with inter-corporate hierarchies. Yes, ultimately SOE answers to Sony. But you are wrong on every other thing you have said, implied, or alluded to.

So consider this my calling your bluff. You have no idea what you are talking about and you are talking out of your ass, all in the name of keeping your solo tank.

As for your 'And with that, I'm off this forum. There are too many young, immature, childish kids around here. Guess I was wrong when I thought they'd only stay on the official PS2 forums.'... well I guess I can only say:

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Old 2013-06-24, 11:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #381
Whiteagle
Major

You obviously have negative zero experience with inter-corporate hierarchies. Yes, ultimately SOE answers to Sony. But you are wrong on every other thing you have said, implied, or alluded to.

So consider this my calling your bluff. You have no idea what you are talking about and you are talking out of your ass, all in the name of keeping your solo tank.
Indeed kid, just because you took an economics course doesn't make you an expert in anything.

As for your 'And with that, I'm off this forum. There are too many young, immature, childish kids around here. Guess I was wrong when I thought they'd only stay on the official PS2 forums.'... well I guess I can only say:

So long, and thanks for all the fish.
...I would have gone with, "We apologize for the inconvenience." myself...
Old 2013-06-25, 04:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #382
Shogun
Contributor
General

still feeding the troll?

ignore button helps.
the only thing he wanted was killing off this thread by derailing it with stupid bullshit. and it seems like he succeeded. and only out of selfishness because he wants to keep solotanking and realised that the driver/gunner faction has the better arguments.

but on so long, and thanks for all the fish! too bad he will have to google the reference

Old 2013-06-25, 07:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #383
MrMak
Sergeant Major

I remember that omega guy now. Some months ago (near release actualy) he was on the official forums wanting SOE to sell certs directly becouse he feels he should not have to play the game to progress becouse he is casual or whatever.
Old 2013-06-25, 08:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #384
moosepoop
Captain

the harasser really brought back good memories of team coordinated play from ps1. I really hope the devs will see our passion for this gameplay style.

im willing to pay money for a "tank driver module".

Last edited by moosepoop; 2013-06-25 at 08:46 AM.
Old 2013-06-25, 11:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #385
Shogun
Contributor
General

the driver/gunner configuration is a great part of the harasser, but not the only thing that makes it so much fun. all the other vehicles behaviour and handling is way off.

but the handling of the other vehicles could use some work, too.
the whole physics still seem to be whacky and the harasser is the only one that feels like it does what you want it to do.

Old 2013-06-25, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #386
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I actually think the Vanguard handles pretty close to what you expect, it just needs a dedicated c
driver to reach the place it should be.

Old 2013-06-26, 10:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #387
blashyrk
Corporal

It has become evident that SOE does not want this game to be balanced at all. They like things to be OP so everyone will invest money in them and then "balance" it after a while. As long as a 2/3 harasser can destroy an 2/2 MBT in ANY situation, this game is a ****fest.
Old 2013-06-26, 11:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #388
GeoGnome
First Sergeant

Stick to talking about games. At least you know something about that.

And with that, I'm off this forum. There are too many young, immature, childish kids around here. Guess I was wrong when I thought they'd only stay on the official PS2 forums.
Rule of life #1: Anyone who feels the need to throw their credentials around, likely sucks at their job.

Being a professional means that you know slightly more than the average person about your subject. The average person isn't a very high bar to overcome. Telling people something when speaking from the perspective of someone who works in one field or another should be something you do carefully, and without bluster. No one cares about your personal success, if you wish to provide insight, by all means do so, but if you wish to attempt to place yourself above other people based on something arbitrary like occupational choice or income bracket... seriously, get a life.

Back on topic: Harasser Dedicated driver chiming in here, by and far my favorite vehicle, I've stopped pulling MBTs because they lack a dedicated driver seat. They just aren't viable IMO anymore.
Old 2013-06-26, 01:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #389
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by GeoGnome View Post
Rule of life #1: Anyone who feels the need to throw their credentials around, likely sucks at their job.

Being a professional means that you know slightly more than the average person about your subject. The average person isn't a very high bar to overcome. Telling people something when speaking from the perspective of someone who works in one field or another should be something you do carefully, and without bluster. No one cares about your personal success, if you wish to provide insight, by all means do so, but if you wish to attempt to place yourself above other people based on something arbitrary like occupational choice or income bracket... seriously, get a life.
Indeed, I kept introducing myself as the Terran Tactical Forecaster around the Empire Showdown as a bit of a joke...

Originally Posted by GeoGnome View Post
Back on topic: Harasser Dedicated driver chiming in here, by and far my favorite vehicle, I've stopped pulling MBTs because they lack a dedicated driver seat. They just aren't viable IMO anymore.
Yeah, I never liked the Prowler because it:

A. Was built for Wide Area Bombardment instead of actual Tank Combat.

B. Came with an extra Weapon no one would ever jump in to operate because they could just pull their own Prowler instead.

It's rather irritating when I'm in a Platoon and the Lead calls for everyone to pull MBTs, because then you just end up with a bunch of half filled Tanks clogging the road.

The Harrasser on the other hand is in and of itself a viable kinetic weapon, so even playing Solo I'll pull one just to run enemies over!
If someone bothers to jump in I'm more than happy to drive for them, otherwise I can just switch to the Gunner Seat if I see a Target of Opportunity.
Old 2013-06-26, 09:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #390
Belhade
Sergeant

You know what? I understand where the "solo MBT" crowd is coming from. It makes perfect sense, of course. We should apply it to aircraft, too. I want a solo Liberator with pilot-manned Dalton as the default weapon. That would be *much* more fun than the stupid ESFs. Those things are worthless.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion