Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues - Page 28 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: M.C. Hamma
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-05-30, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #406
Shuuda
Private

Re: Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues

The gravity lifts have really started to get on my nerves lately, specifically the constant accidental swapping between them whenever I try to ride on them. Tonight was pretty much the last straw. I got so caught up in fannying around with these bloody things, getting stuck between them, that I was bullseyed by some tosser with a bulldog.

That seriously cheesed me off and made me wonder whether there was something that could be done to make using these lifts more stable and less accident prone. In my mind the idea of having some proper sort of lift (one that maybe forms under you and then vanishes when you step off it) would be any better.

At the very least, I wonder if there is any way to lessen the chance of me drifting between the lifts and getting stuck in mid-air. At best it's annoying time waster, but when it's causing me to get embarrassed then I really have to raise my eyebrow about it.

Yes, I am well away of the fact that I'm only writing this because I'm a blind rage about that death. What can I say, I take my failures very hard.

Also, the deloyment selection recently has become unbearable as well. Half the time when I go to redeloy it feels like I'm never able to go anywhere remotely near where I want to go or anywhere that would even be enroute. Please could you increase the selection just a little.

Finally, some personal fantasy of mine... burst varients of weapons should function more like the SABR-13. Currently, there is no reason to use say the TRAC-5 Burst over the TRAC-5 S because the S varient also has the three round burst if I want to use it. If burst weapons also had the option for two round burst that would at least give them some that makes them worth thinking about over the S varients. There's no point making these thing a hundred certs if no one has a reason to get them.

Last edited by Shuuda; 2013-05-30 at 04:50 PM.
Old 2013-05-30, 04:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #407
Soothsayer
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Forgot to mention this on an earlier post...

I'd like to see options for XP split/sharing at either a vehicle level and/or squad level.

XP waypoint from PS1 was good and would add stuff to the SL cert tree.
Old 2013-06-01, 09:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #408
noMnoM
Private

i didnt read the full 28 pages so apologies if this has been mentioned.

my #1 quality of life issue is varying percentage of health upon swapping classes when they have different levels of nanoweave on them. if i am at 100% health, i should stay at 100% regardless which nanoweave level is applied to the class i switch to.

Last edited by noMnoM; 2013-06-01 at 09:10 AM.
Old 2013-06-01, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #409
DeltaGun
Sergeant

- Melee audio cues. It sounds very hollow when you hit an enemy, especially as a MAX.
- Melee bug. The second melee attack almost never hits, even when stationary. Why?
Old 2013-06-01, 07:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #410
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Word from Higby is that GU10 won't be the one with these changes. They are saving them for GU11. Just a heads up so people don't get worked up over the next update, the one next week.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-06-01, 07:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #411
isilyan
Private

You see ppl far off(no marker over them, and the minimap dont have the range), you Q. Nothing happens.
You fire, only to get a teamkill or TD
And markers on friendly Mines ffs, dont know how many Inf resources I spend on moron teammates blowing then up

Last edited by isilyan; 2013-06-01 at 07:19 PM.
Old 2013-06-02, 01:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #412
Tuhljin
Private

There's another very annoying issue I neglected to mention in my other post.
  • If you can see a friendly mine, THEN IT SHOULD HAVE THE "FRIENDLY MINE" ICON OVER IT. ALWAYS. (Or at least when it's remotely close to you!) It's ridiculous how it is now because friendlies will shoot at them (and destroy them!), thinking they're helping.
Old 2013-06-02, 04:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #413
Shogun
Contributor
General

i hope this thread is still scanned by cpt. higgles.

i wish we could get a redesign for the healing and repairing tool.

especially the repairing tool looks too much like the pistol!
i use mousewheel to scroll through weapons, and often i end up shooting the max with a pistol instead of repairing it.
the design in ps1 was superior. you would never confuse a pistol with a medic- or repairtool.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-06-02, 09:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #414
Ohaunlaim
Corporal

** I want a counter for my deployables, thank you very much.

Never sure when my Ammo box times off until people start screaming for ammo again.

Never sure if my AP/AV mines have been spotted and destroyed, have been avoided, or were set off without a kill. Constantly having to run back to check on them is a waste of my time.

** Doritos over friendly mines as mentioned previously. Or give each faction individual mine models.

Even I shoot the damn things only to realize they are friendly.

** List, perhaps over the ammo count, the name and type of weapon being manned in a vehicle. Most especially for secondary gunners.

When I pick up a random gunner it would be nice if they knew what the weapon was intended to shoot at instead of trying to kill a tank with an anti-infantry weapon, for example.

Let's people make note of any gun they might want to purchase for their own vehicle at a quick glance.
Old 2013-06-02, 11:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #415
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

While I'm sure it's already been said. Something along the lines of pressing 1-6 for your classes and then 1-3 for your loadouts would be wonderful, maybe press 7 or 0 to go back to the previous menu.
Old 2013-06-03, 03:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #416
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

I want water and an underslung minigun. Put it on a harness and hold it at the same height, but give me my old minigun back. And water. As a loyal Terran, I'll point out that cheats the Vanu in particular. It also deprives us of the fun of figuring out how to deal with a tank army that can slide across the river. (You better give us the old weak-but-plentiful mines and spits back in that case).

Also, I'd like to be able to see what's going on in each continent without actually *going* there. Give us a proper global map FFS.

And text macros that I can hotkey. Why is so much simple useful stuff we had a decade ago missing?

/nerdrage

Last edited by Rivenshield; 2013-06-03 at 03:06 AM.
Old 2013-06-03, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #417
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
I hope this thread is still scanned by cpt. higgles.
He's not, judging from his account activity.
But, here's hoping that Mr. Higby visits this thread in the near future. Been strangely absent since he made the thread, hasn't checked any of the feedback threads.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-06-03 at 02:55 PM.
Old 2013-06-03, 05:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #418
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

He does it logged out.

Old 2013-06-03, 05:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #419
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
He does it logged out.
Ah, so he prefers to be sneaky does he? Fair enough.

Old 2013-06-03, 06:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #420
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I wouldn't want people to know what I was reading, as a dev.

People seem to have a hard time not looking to far into what they've typed...now add the subtext of visiting a certain thread often?

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion