Jackhammer? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Is keeping me from getting laid
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-07-20, 03:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
SKYeXile
Major General

Re: Jackhammer?

Originally Posted by Highwind View Post

Where does that leave some of the VS tech though? Just call them lasers or something black hole / gravity related?
I think so, lasers, plasma, nano technology would be on the agenda for the VS, or any other current technology that could be weaponised or concept technology.

The railgun is currently weaponised, its just still in its infancy.
Old 2011-07-20, 03:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
HELLFISH88
First Sergeant

All Vanu technology was reverse engineered from salvaged ancinet technology so I assume it run's on Nanite's. As for the projectile themselves I would chalk most of them up to plasma and lasers as Sky said. It's essentially limitless fission which is why almost all Vanu weaponry fire energy of some kind.

New conglomerate Weapons on the other hand were developed by the resistance movement; usually using modified civilian equipment. SEE: New Conglomerate MAX unit.
Old 2011-07-20, 03:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Coreldan
Colonel

Can't say I liked how NC was pigeonholed into shotguns for their heavy AI stuff, mainly thinking of Jackhammer and Scatmax.
Old 2011-07-20, 03:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
exLupo
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
Can't say I liked how NC was pigeonholed into shotguns for their heavy AI stuff, mainly thinking of Jackhammer and Scatmax.
If they're pidgeonholed again, I'd like to see some load versatility. There's so much more to shotguns than just pellet spray. The luxury of a cartridge of that size is you can get pretty creative. Not knowing how the inventory system works, I can't say how they'd manage that sort of thing but close spreads, ap and longer range (50-200 yds depending on configuration) slug/ball single projectile could be options.
There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die beneath the heel of your boot.

And that was that.
Old 2011-07-20, 03:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Volw
First Sergeant

I wouldn't be surprised if the devs decide to revamp the whole HA weapon class.

Having one faction with short range weapons, one with medium-long and one with spammable discoballs doesn't really make logical sense and is impossible to balance properly.

Also, I'm almost sure Vanu will get projectile based weaponry. Considering NC and TR will have bullet drop to account for, having VS without both recoil and gravity to worry about would most likely cause balance issues.
All that matters is that there is enough freedom, and enough fuckers to kill, in the game that Renegade Legion can do our thing. If there is that, then the rest of the game shall be bent to our will, just like the first one was. - Hovis [RL] on PS2

Renegade Legion
http://forums.renegade-legion.org
Old 2011-07-20, 03:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by Volw View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the devs decide to revamp the whole HA weapon class.

Having one faction with short range weapons, one with medium-long and one with spammable discoballs doesn't really make logical sense and is impossible to balance properly.

Also, I'm almost sure Vanu will get projectile based weaponry. Considering NC and TR will have bullet drop to account for, having VS without both recoil and gravity to worry about would most likely cause balance issues.
Or they could just make recoil/gravity effect VS' energy projectiles? Thinking of the Aurora's arc.

I agree though, the HA is something I'd like to see redone. They could still have jackhammers, MCGs and Lashers, they just need to work differently (the lasher most of all, I guess).
Old 2011-07-20, 04:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
SKYeXile
Major General

Vanu should get the maelstrom primary fire that does better damage at close range. I HAVE SAID THIS FOR YEARS. YEARRRSSSSS!!

Last edited by SKYeXile; 2011-07-20 at 04:38 AM.
Old 2011-07-20, 04:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Coreldan
Colonel

From what we saw on the trailer, NC and TR still use projectile and Vanu still doesn't use projectile. I'm all fine with that TBH, although at times I really do envy some VS weapons. Then again, I also envy several TR weapons
Old 2011-07-20, 04:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Traak
Colonel

If we can swim, avoiding Vanu fires will be fun. Even a Magrider can't hit you when you are far enough underwater.
Old 2011-07-20, 08:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Hamma
PSU Admin

Interesting if it is in fact PlanetSide 2 concept art as he mentioned in the blog post.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-07-20, 08:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Logit
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by SilverLord View Post
Pounder AI v1.0 was absurd.
This. Was. Rape.
Old 2011-07-20, 09:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Jownzorz
Corporal

Originally Posted by SilverLord View Post
Pounder AI v1.0 was absurd.
Oh how I miss it so ): I didn't even mind getting grief locked every night.
Old 2011-07-20, 10:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Infektion
Sergeant Major

they should make the jackhammer shoot slugs, that also give you herpes.
Old 2011-07-20, 11:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Bags
Lieutenant General

Oh come on, there's no need for them to break HA. HA was pretty well balanced up until they "broke" the lasher. With no more third person champing the JH loses a bit of power too.
Old 2011-07-20, 12:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I hope NC gets away from the shotguns and more to the rail or coil guns.
Though, those could still be shotguns, of a sort. Railguns already use Sabot rounds, just load it with shot instead or a penetrator. A coil gun can simply shoot whatever ferromagnetic thing you put in it.

(also, railguns are magnetic, just not the same way a coil gun is. Google this stuff and educate yourselves)

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion