If they removed spawn rooms, instant action, and squad spawning... - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where do i stick this med-applicator?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-10-06, 09:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: If they removed spawn rooms, instant action, and squad spawning...

I completely agree that the current location of spawn rooms is heavily flawed. Like Postal I don't want them removed from the game, just put inside a building. Besides that I would also prefer said base layout to be more like what we saw in Planetside 1, in the sense of bases actually being more of a complex than just buildings scattered out across an area.
Basicly the level design changes that Figment has suggested in the past. If at all possible.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-10-06, 12:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Escroteitor
Private

I think the problem of spawn rooms is the environment around them. Mountains were enemy snipers can shoot you down and you can't climb it. Walls that cover your enemies (and those walls are supposed to cover you), the inability of throw explosive weaponry from inside to outside, the lack of a proper defensible roof (probably can be solved with more shields), easily accessible by vehicles (air & ground), etc.

They need to be further from the capture points, and need to have underground installations with exits at some covered points of the base.

Maybe more teleporters to some others force-field buildings in the base.
Old 2013-10-06, 05:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I wonder if 2 spawn rooms per base would help base defense. If the enemy is camping 1 spawn room you can spawn out the other.

Last edited by capiqu; 2013-10-06 at 05:18 PM.
Old 2013-10-07, 02:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by capiqu View Post
I wonder if 2 spawn rooms per base would help base defense. If the enemy is camping 1 spawn room you can spawn out the other.
Not if they are still placed outside in the open, since the same thing would happen and does happen in the bases on Esamir that does have two spawns.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-10-07, 11:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
Not if they are still placed outside in the open, since the same thing would happen and does happen in the bases on Esamir that does have two spawns.

I agree the spawns should be inside the main bases. Please eliminate vehicle spawn camping. The base court yards should be wide open. This would encourage vehicle warfare at the base. Once the attacking force wins control of the Courtyard they can all get off their vehicles, deconstruct them to put resources back into the pool, and move inside to take the base.

Old 2013-10-07, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Timealude
Captain

wouldnt players just find a way to camp indoor spawn rooms with maxes or just over whelming force?
Old 2013-10-07, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Timealude View Post
wouldnt players just find a way to camp indoor spawn rooms with maxes or just over whelming force?
Yes, but it's easier to make a push against camping infantry than camping air, ground vehicles and infantry

Old 2013-10-07, 01:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Timealude
Captain

Yes, but it's easier to make a push against camping infantry than camping air, ground vehicles and infantry
this is true, but some how i feel it might turn into another bio farm situation...depending on how much cover is in the base or around the spawn room
Old 2013-10-07, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

This is where 2 Inner spawn rooms per base would come in handy. I mean the pace of territory turnover in Planetside2 is too fast. I've seen when an empire has nearly 50% or more of a continent when I log off. I log in an hour later and they are practically warpgated. I know territories should not be impossible to take but it shouldn't be that easy either.

Old 2013-10-13, 03:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I didn't even know that Esamir had facilities with 2 spawn rooms. I never play on Esamir since it only has 1 tech plant and I find that very annoying.
Gonna have to visit esamir to see those dual spawn facilities.

P.S. I feel that the reason Indar is always full and Esamir and Amerish are not is because of the greater number of facilities. I don't know about reducing the number of facilities to increase the distance between facilities. I believe a larger court yard would produce a more enjoyable play with vehicle vs vehicle, Infantry vs Infantry or Infantry vs vehicle. Step one surround the base, step 2 take the court yard and step 3 take the main building.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion