List of PS1 issues that need fixing for PS2 - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Beer, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-28, 01:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Re: List of PS1 issues that need fixing for PS2

Eugh I hadn't considered the TK impact on resources before.

On one hand I like using TK as a "rapid recall" system when you need to relocate the squad to a base quickly. So resource cost would be bad for that case. Gather around the boomer...

On the other hand, griefing expensive kits would be bad. It could be a non issue if infantry kits are relatively cheap compared to vehicle upgrades. If they did charge someone for griefing it should charge based on the amount of grief. Low grief - light charge. High grief - steep cost.

That's a tough situation. You don't want people abusing the system to kill each other to refund costs but on the other punishing an honest mistake too steeply is bad too. Especially if someone were to say don an expensive kit and run in front of moving tank.

Perhaps a better way to do it would be to make your resource accumulation affected by your grief level. So as grief increases you gain fewer resources. It doesnt pay back the person who lost something due to grief but it does give a monetary penalty to the person who griefed, depending on grief level.
Old 2012-03-28, 02:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
I heard a cool idea now that the game has resources.. TK someone, and you get charged for what they lost.
My post regarding a faction loyalty based resource system does that. Basically cuts into their personal resource accumulation when they purposely cause harm to teammates. TL;DR version is that in that design resources are accumulated via a loyalty based system where players must do a number of things to build loyalty which rewards a player with resources for things. TKing someone for instance would drop that forcing them to increase their loyalty before they get enough loyalty to get resources again. (Depending on how much they TK. Once might not hurt someone with a high loyalty).
Old 2012-03-28, 03:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Neksar
Corporal

Call me silly, but I am really hoping for some decent-sized TTKs. That was one thing I liked about PS1 - that struggle for survival during combat when you were hurt. I realize that having regenerating shields necessitates shorter TTKs, but hopefully it will change from the short TTKs I saw in the gameplay footage.

Don't get me wrong; I could be happy with short TTKs. I just liked the pacing longer ones gave, as combat felt less hectic and more controlled.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion