Boo! Hiss! Recerting! - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma's watching.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-27, 08:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

Well, since I fly reaver, I get the sketter free. And since I drive the lighting, I get the harrser free. Im still not going to use the sketter much and the harrser only when someone neeeds a ride.
Old 2003-11-27, 08:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

Ill be getting the transport cert for sure it only costs 2 certs ! thats fucking awsome. although there might be more veh's out there u would still definitly need infintry like the other dudes said and i like the idea of HARTing onto empire owned cont only and would need to go through the WG to get onto the 'enemy' cont. Uni-max? dont really care about it but it wouldnt be much for the TR since there max's suck balls now.
Old 2003-11-27, 09:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

So wait- one can either get UNIMAX and get three MAX for the price of AA and another MAX...

-or-

they can get individual MAXes all alone anyway?
Old 2003-11-27, 09:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

TR MAXs suck so hard and TR fields the fewest MAXs of all the empires (guess why), so it's a double-whammy. I'd recommend to all TR to pick up Uni-MAX because there are plenty of times when even crappy MAXs are useful.

Decimator turns TR's 'special ability' into an 'especially painful liability'. Still, if you can make them switch to (cheesy piece of crap) Decimator (which I use all the time), it will take the heat off the friendly infantry in your vicinity. It's really important.

Uni-MAX for me, and the presence of mind to switch to infantry armor if I'm not absolutely forced to don the coffin-suit.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-11-27, 09:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Everay
Major General

No, they prolly screwed up, i bet you can still cert in them individualy, excluding things that cost the same, like the two for ones, like the ATV cert....or am i mistaken and they said, you can only get reaver and skeeter, and not just skeeter?
Old 2003-11-27, 09:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
I Hate Pants
General

It sounds to me that this whole recerting thing sounds as if the devs have given up trying to make everything equal. So they bunch things together in hopes people will use the less popular vehicles more.

Also I think players are gonig to lose thier individuality when they release this. Once everyone reaches BR 20. Everyone will be able to use everything. Do you really think thats fun??? Whats the point of depending on certain team members to do certain tasks when everyone can do it?
Old 2003-11-27, 09:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

Ok ppl, i dont usually rant but I will on this occasion because im not very happy with PS's fanbase right now...

[rant]
OK, Everyone, quit your god damn complaining about everything the devs try to do! Every time there is a bug, the devs fix it! Sometimes it will bring on another bug, the devs will fix it in less than a week! DO THEY EVER GET ANY CREDIT? Did you ever stop to say..."Hey, the devs are doing a great job...nice work guys!". NO...instead, when you ask for new content and the ability for BR20's to get more things, and the devs give it to you...YOU COMPLAIN!!! JUST STFU!

Yes, i know the devs make mistakes! They usually fix them asap too! If you could do so much of a better job, why arent you working for Sony? This is just like the whole llu thing...before it even came out i heard NERF! NOONE WANTS TO RUN A BALL ANYWHERE!!! Then when it came out, i heard nothing of the sort. And i definately didnt hear, "Hey devs, this was a good idea after all, keep em comin' guys!".

All im trying to say is give shit a chance before you complain about it! If you guys hate what the devs do sooooo much, than QUIT! We could use less dev haters anyway...

[/rant]

Sorry guys, but this is the way i feel about this whole flying toaster recertification thing. Just give it a chance...
Old 2003-11-27, 09:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
I Hate Pants
General

I never liked this idea from the first time I heard it. So don't waste you fucking breath!
Old 2003-11-27, 09:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

Well if you hate it with such a passion, why are you still playing ps?
Old 2003-11-27, 09:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
I Hate Pants
General

They should of just group up the driver certs and the air support certs. Other than that all the other groupings were a mistake.
Old 2003-11-27, 09:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
TeraHertz
Major

Originally Posted by dscytherulez
DO THEY EVER GET ANY CREDIT?
Yes, their bank accounts are credited regualarly with the money people pay to play this game.
Old 2003-11-27, 09:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

If you understand PlanetSide at all, you know that this is a huge leap forward and has been suggested by seasoned players for months. Bundling vehicles rules, no two ways about it, period. So you're a Mosquito pilot and you have to pay another credit? Boo hoo! Mosquito owns Reaver anyhow, so just assume you've gotten a major deal all this time.

I can hardly keep track of the number of changes that PlanetSide has gone through that inspired bile-soaked criticism, but days later were forgotten as the complainers once again settled into PlanetSide addiction. This is just another such case.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-11-27, 09:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

Indeed x2 veteran

Edit: Damnit wtf is wrong with my sig?
Old 2003-11-27, 09:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
I Hate Pants
General

First off I don't fly any reavers or mosqutios. Secondly this is the first thing i've ever compalined about in PS before.

The reason I hate this new addition is because gameplay and teamplay will decrease when this is release.

No more depending on team members to do certain tasks when everyone else can do it.

We won't see full transports because everyone else will be able to drive one.

Guareentee well see more maxes than infantry in the game from now on.
Old 2003-11-27, 09:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

In case you havent noticed, there are more maxes than infantry currently, its insane.

Why wont you see transports? For 2 certs, everyone and theyre grandmother should have a sund or deliv, and if ur in a squad pick one person to use it!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion