PS cheats? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: So THIS is why kids fail school......
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-25, 05:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
mikkyT
Contributor
First Lieutenant

CLICK THE LINK

Was it just me who clicked the link to the website and actually got the joke? Thats not a cheat website, its a site that plays very loudly "YOU ARE AN IDIOT" and now my boss is glaring at me cos the whole office heard it.

Not funny... well maybe just a little bit.

ANYWAY it seems this thread has moved to how to hack planetside, well its quite simple really - it was done for EQ.

You situate your PC on a network. You have another box (in EQ it had to be a linux box, but since there is a raw packet full TCPIP implementation in winXP we dont need linux).

The box on your network is a packetsniffer. You have a proggie, um I don't know, lets call it ShowPS which then reads the information coming back and forth from the planetside servers and can show such all manner of wonderful things.

PLEASE NOTE: Since the beginning of EQ, Verant tried to eliminate this sort of tool, if it ran on the same box as your game (some rather limited versions of said software could, and run EQ in a window etc etc) Verant would check your task list and if you where running such programs you would get an instant ban. In the user agreement they had a clause which permitted them to check your computer for things. Anyway eventually this was removed as a violation of privacy etc etc.

Eventually they started running encryption on the packet data (pretty obvious huh).

I HOPE AND PRAY that the PS Dev team have learnt from previous MMO experience and encrypt this data from the outset, and avoid the fiascos that occured during EQ.
Old 2003-02-25, 06:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
mikkyT
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I'll answer my own post (thanks Zataris for the discussion!)...

Packet sniffings gonna be almost pointless due to the fact that the server won't send you any information that you can't already see/check...

Lets say theres a hill, and I'm the otherside of the hill, the server knows that the bloody great hill is in the way and won't send me the data of whats behind the hill until my FoV says I can see whats behind the bloody great hill.
Old 2003-02-25, 07:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally posted by OmnipotentKiwi
There is another version of that that has 10 windows pop up with the same thing when you close the first one. Nasty stuff.
Its actually a virus, lol. Its called "noclose" or somthing.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-02-25, 09:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

I think we will have little to worry about as far as cheats are concerned in PS.
Old 2003-02-25, 02:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Dqua
Private

MikkyT: You're talking about ShowEQ, it offered barelly a little more than what a non user of it could do. Added users of showeq realized some serious errors in EQ's coding and game play that VI consistantly denied they existed until word spread that they, VI, were wrong. Until then, VI wouldn't do anything about those bugs. And no I never used it.

To the point of this thread: SoE/VI with EQ bans pretty quickly those who hack and they find out about. Like one of the faqs has stated that they have monitoring tools they can implent, they have those in EQ and do use them.
Old 2003-02-25, 03:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Destroyeron
Troll x2

I wouldn't really worry about cheating, cause if someones cheating/hacking everyones gonna now and then EVERYONE is gonna be one there ass.

For example: an expert hacker hacks PS and then everyone unites, NC, Terran, Vanu all to kill hte hacker and stuff..rofl, imagine the chaos.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion